The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Louis.
Rafael will probably start the season first choice, as he does every year, but will miss loads of football because of injury, as he does every year.

Centre backs...I'd say Evans-Jones-Smalling, in that order.

Difficult to predict though with a new manager, and there should be a CB signing from somewhere which may complicate things. Tbh I think there's more value in De Gea at 5.5m than any of the defenders.

It currently looks like LVG will play a 3-4-1-2 and that means that there should be much more value in the wide 2, likely to be Shaw and either Rafael or Valencia (but he is not a defender) than in the centre backs, but only if you can spare the extra cash.
If Shaw starts out wide (basically in midfield) then he could be fantastic value ahead of De Gea. My problem is i'm only allowed 3 United players and already have Rooney and Mata guaranteed.
Original post by Alex Doran
It currently looks like LVG will play a 3-4-1-2 and that means that there should be much more value in the wide 2, likely to be Shaw and either Rafael or Valencia (but he is not a defender) than in the centre backs, but only if you can spare the extra cash.
If Shaw starts out wide (basically in midfield) then he could be fantastic value ahead of De Gea. My problem is i'm only allowed 3 United players and already have Rooney and Mata guaranteed.

Yeah if you're getting a Man Utd defender it's probably worth spending the extra 0.5m on Shaw. He's done nothing in his career to suggest he'll rack up the assists, but with A) playing more advanced and B) absolutely no competition as it stands, he's a better option than the rest.
Original post by Louis.
Yeah if you're getting a Man Utd defender it's probably worth spending the extra 0.5m on Shaw. He's done nothing in his career to suggest he'll rack up the assists, but with A) playing more advanced and B) absolutely no competition as it stands, he's a better option than the rest.

Espeically with Patrice Evra leaving.
Original post by Louis.

Exactly, you don't spend £30m on a left back and then not play him. He is a guaranteed starter all season bar injury and if playing at left mid, he should rack up some attacking points as well. Also he is probably the only guaranteed starter ATM as it looks like a new CB will come in and start and it is unclear if it will be Rafael or Valencia at RB/RM. Jones has a very good chance but even then, LVG could prefer Evans and a new CB.
It should become much more clear after preseason.
Original post by Isometrix
do you mind posting your draft xi here pls thx

Spoiler

Don't copy though, please.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by little_wizard123

Spoiler

Don't copy though, please.

10/10
in like a fin on a tin (of tuna?)
Reply 307
Original post by sr90
10/10

really?
Original post by Qari
really?

Harsh.
Reply 309
Harsh.

I'd say it's 7 or 8 not 10/10. I mean no one can really have a 10/10 team. I say mine isn't 10/10
Drogba back... if lukaku stays, dont think il be touching any of them, far to much rotation in the chelsea line
Original post by fallen_acorns
Drogba back... if lukaku stays, dont think il be touching any of them, far to much rotation in the chelsea line

Lukaku will leave (probably on loan) and Costa will start all but a few games.

Original post by Qari
I'd say it's 7 or 8 not 10/10. I mean no one can really have a 10/10 team. I say mine isn't 10/10

I have £15m in the bank so I'll spend it to make a 10. Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)

seems crazy to me, lukaku going out again, and old drogba coming back in..

I just have a bad feeling that if costa does not start off well, jose will revert back to playing drog more..

Avoiding chelsea strikers for now - not 100% on their midfielders either, hazard/fab/oscar seem like they could end up sharing a lot of goals between them..
Reply 313

i was about to ask you, what you think about Drogba I mean all last season Jose played with 1 striker do you think he'll play with 2 up front this season?

and good luck with your team. Also Milner & Young I don't think either will get many starts.
My team name is "Shinji Sushi".

Can't see Sturridge doing so well this year, his game only reaches the level of last season when Suarez is there.
Original post by Qari
i was about to ask you, what you think about Drogba I mean all last season Jose played with 1 striker do you think he'll play with 2 up front this season?

and good luck with your team. Also Milner & Young I don't think either will get many starts.

Can't see 2 up front for Mourinho. Costa should be fine though.
Reply 316
Team name: Baggie Shorts

How's this team looking?

Mannone
P.Jones Terry Chester
Sanchez Silva Erikson De Jong
Giroud Rooney (c) Remy

subs: Krul Ward N.Taylor Albrighton
Reply 317
Can't see 2 up front for Mourinho. Costa should be fine though.

really with drogba back I thought he'd be played more. changed my team again anyway
I don't think Drogba will be played that often, certainly not from the start. Remember that he's 36 now, i'd say he's there more to be a coach/mentor like Henry was when he returned to Arsenal. He's a good option to have if say, Chelsea have a tough CL game coming up and they're playing someone like Stoke.

Original post by oli1395
Team name: Baggie Shorts

How's this team looking?

Mannone
P.Jones Terry Chester
Sanchez Silva Erikson De Jong
Giroud Rooney (c) Remy

subs: Krul Ward N.Taylor Albrighton

Love the team name :laugh:

I like it, it's well balanced and you've got a good bench. The main question mark is Remy's gametime.
Reply 319
Original post by sr90
I don't think Drogba will be played that often, certainly not from the start. Remember that he's 36 now, i'd say he's there more to be a coach/mentor like Henry was when he returned to Arsenal. He's a good option to have if say, Chelsea have a tough CL game coming up and they're playing someone like Stoke.

Love the team name :laugh:

I like it, it's well balanced and you've got a good bench. The main question mark is Remy's gametime.

Haha, yeah that's what I'm a bit worried about. Could swap him for Pelle if it's an issue after week 1 as Southampton have some great fixtures weeks 2-12 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest