The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alumna
if a women slaps a man and he wanted to slap her back then that is fine
if she can do it so can he

There's nothing wrong here
the only thing wrong is the woman should not have hit in the first pace

If a woman slapped a man and he got a red cheek and a man slapped a woman and he dislocated her jaw (which is very possible) and she had to go to A&E - is that still fine?

P.S I don't believe anyone should be hitting anyone - but I just wanted to know your opinion on the above.
Original post by stargirl63
If a woman slapped a man and he got a red cheek and a man slapped a woman and he dislocated her jaw (which is very possible) and she had to go to A&E - is that still fine?

P.S I don't believe anyone should be hitting anyone - but I just wanted to know your opinion on the above.

but i don't think they should be hitting in the first place
but if the man wants to retaliate- then let them -that is my point
Like I said, I doubt it would be a frantic hit after hit if a girl was to start something. If so - then I would think she was slightly crazy. It is usually just the first hit to lash out initially.

Agreed there are exceptions to every rule. If you're considered a weakling and that you would be even to a girl, then that's your issue. And lol, if you were about even with a girl and you potentially lost a fight, please record it and post it online - you would get a lot of hits (pardon the pun).

Well fights are spontaneous, not just "hold up, we're recording this". Plus why would I share a video of me being humiliated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depending on what she's done yes. Some actions warrant a good slap I feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alumna
but i don't think they should be hitting in the first place
but if the man wants to retaliate- then let them -that is my point

I understand that a man would WANT to retaliate - but should he? Hence why I posed the question which you still haven't answered:

Original post by Andy98
Well fights are spontaneous, not just "hold up, we're recording this". Plus why would I share a video of me being humiliated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, if it was in public, its a given that someone out there would have recorded and uploaded it before any blood dried. :rolleyes:
I understand that a man would WANT to retaliate - but should he? Hence why I posed the question which you still haven't answered:

what is your question :s-smilie:
it wasn't fine to begin with so why would it be fine

but I would still not think anything less of the man simply because he was attacked first

it just happens that he hit her harder

I answered the OP question

The point of the main question is
should a man hit a woman if a woman hit a man

the answer is yes

we are not talking about the case/conditions

those are conditions^

if someoen happen to get hurt so be it
they shouldnt be acting like animals in first place
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 147
Creating a violent action in retaliation to an event which wasn't violent isn't right. Of course one can walk away from the situation, or you know, hurt their feelings back with the same weapon. Words. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Look at it this way anyone who results to violence is disgusting scum. So any female who results to violence is scum and ignorant. Women ask for equality everyday yet they are happy to take free meals which they never offer to pay for, hit men and get away with it and when it comes to a sinking ship they aren't complaining to being aloud to go with their children and leaving they're husbands and brothers on board.
Reply 149
Original post by Maid Marian
Let's be honest here: if a man slapped me, it would hurt much much more than if I slapped him.

the pain is not something of importance. he is questioning the morality.
Reply 150
Original post by themorninglight
Nope. Cowardly thing to do.

but it's not cowardly of a woman to do it?

Woman shouldn't hit a man in the first place. If you taunt a dog and it bit you and you go to A&E is that fine? Use common sense. Why would you hit someone bigger than you. That's like me going up to a Dwanye Johnson and punching him in the jaw would I not get punched backed?
To be honest, if it was in public, its a given that someone out there would have recorded and uploaded it before any blood dried. :rolleyes:

Nahh with me no one expects it, I don't resort to violence unless someone attacks me. By the time they get their phones out it's all over

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Nahh with me no one expects it, I don't resort to violence unless someone attacks me. By the time they get their phones out it's all over

Posted from TSR Mobile

full respect for that!!!
Original post by The vampire
No but a woman can slap a man because they don't hit as hard so its fine imo.

Is it okay for a man to slap a woman as long as he doesn't do it too hard, then?
full respect for that!!!

For getting my lights knocked out in two punches, or for not using violence?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by christianoginni
Woman shouldn't hit a man in the first place. If you taunt a dog and it bit you and you go to A&E is that fine? Use common sense. Why would you hit someone bigger than you. That's like me going up to a Dwanye Johnson and punching him in the jaw would I not get punched backed?

Firstly it's not like that because a woman wouldn't "randomly go up to you" and punch you. I'm assuming in this thread we are talking about a domestic argument.

In the context of domestic violence towards men, it's less about an attack, and more about lashing out because you are upset about something. A lot of people do it. Even with words, people say things and then immediately regret it the second it slips out.

In response to your question in bold - I don't know if you would or wouldn't get punched back (how big are you compared to Dwayne?) but if he did retaliate there would be a lot of press discussing him retaliating to someone who (I'm assuming) wasn't on the same level as him because he would cause a lot more damage to you than you would to him.

Morally, everyone is wrong because violence as a whole is wrong, full stop, end off.

Physically - if someone gets obliterated at the end, it's uncomfortable to watch and the "but he/she started it first" , in my opinion, really doesn't cut it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Andy98
For getting my lights knocked out in two punches, or for not using violence?

Posted from TSR Mobile

not using violence! lol :tongue:
not using violence! lol :tongue:

Ahh right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alumna
what is your question :s-smilie:
it wasn't fine to begin with so why would it be fine

this was when you said it was fine:

Original post by Alumna
if a women slaps a man and he wanted to slap her back then that is fine
if she can do it so can he

There's nothing wrong here
the only thing wrong is the woman should not have hit in the first pace

It's interesting that you think if a woman slapped a man and a man slapped back the ENTIRETY of the blame lies on the female.

This is my question - If a woman slapped a man and he got a red cheek and a man slapped a woman and he dislocated her jaw (which is very possible) and she had to go to A&E - is that still fine? ( Which you answered and then contradicted, as above - final answer please?).
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest