The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm around that height and for the most part don't tend to have a problem. Notably though it appears to be less of a problem with females around my own height, and it has become increasingly less of a problem as I progress through my 20s.
Just as I am writing this, this story is posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2700457/Boy-13-commits-suicide-bullied-years-small.html#comments

RIP brah, if only the world wasn't so slanted against any slight negative trait in men, heck LITTLE CHILDREN AS SMALL AS 13. I really wish men didn't have to resort to such things because of something out of their control. Despite being tall myself I have also been bullied for something out of my control [ugliness] so I can 100% resonate with short men in regards to factors out of our hands.

Hopefully one day a state will be established like the old times where great men like Julius Caesar rule and a man's integrity and actions take precedence over outward appearance.
Yes but I prefer longer ones :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Llamageddon
I'm around that height and for the most part don't tend to have a problem. Notably though it appears to be less of a problem with females around my own height, and it has become increasingly less of a problem as I progress through my 20s.

Really? Why is that do you think? It seems height is an issue for women of all ages I would assume, especially on online dating websites like POF or eHarmony, Match.com etc where the requirement is more pronounced.
Reply 24
Yes my boyfriend is around that height.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I'm 5ft7 which is above average. I would prefer an above average guy, as I am 3 inches above average so a 6ft guy would be good for me as he would also be 3 inches above average.

Also, I'm 5ft11 in heels so awkward.
If I liked them and found them attractive then I don't see why not.
No, sorry. Just preference. (Joke)
Yes.
Im 5ft 8 and my other half is 5ft 6. It was love at first sight and we are now married. His looks and charm won me over. I noticed his height when he came and stood right next to me but I laughed it off.
your looking at this all wrong, you are in an enviable and more unique position.
my other half used to say all the time how shallow women can be and how his confidence was knocked with women rejecting him on his height BUT the ones that do talk to you and are happy to date you are the women worth having.

If a man refused to date me based on how big my boobs where then thats the kind of man id like to avoid anyway. Same goes for women. If she thinks your height is going to be the biggest flaw in the relationship then she is too superficial for you to worry about.

Be happy, kind and fun. Because the rest just doesnt matter to those worth having!

ps - when Im in my heels and i tower over him I still feel like the luckiest woman in the world. :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Really? Those 5-6 girls who gave their replies don't seem to care.

Well that's a few responses on TSR, I would assume from girls I know who are around 5'6 would require a 5'10 man at least, given the issue of heels and all. Go look at profiles on match.com or Pof.
I'm 5'8, and I have a girlfriend, so, yes, they would.

Also, my girlfriend is 5'7, so I'm not that much taller than her. I do feel self-conscious when she insists on going out in heels, though.
Original post by Sharpshooter
Really? Why is that do you think? It seems height is an issue for women of all ages I would assume, especially on online dating websites like POF or eHarmony, Match.com etc where the requirement is more pronounced.
Do you want the bitchy or cynical answer?

Or the kind one?
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm a guy about that height and from what I've seen it really depends on location and upbringing, back home my height is definitely seen as a downside while at uni no one could really care, although I have a preference for shorter girls so that might change what I've seen a bit.

Or the kind one?

Both. Let it all out. :tongue:
Yeah I would. My boyfriend's that tall. Anything over 5ft10 is a turn off for me as I'm only 5ft, so guys over 5ft10 are too intimidating for me
Reply 36
I am only 5ft 1 so 5ft7/8 is fine by me :smile:. The guy i like is 5ft 8 but i like him and thats all that matters :smile:
No because that's my height
Same height as me so not 'ideal'. But if I get on with them, of course :h:

Or the kind one?

hit me

Latest

Trending

Trending