The Student Room Group

Humans are the worst on the face of this earth.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
Ever thought that our violent nature is a part of our "programming" as you call it?

From an evolutionary point of view..it is.

I'm not really with the whole idea of evolution. But like a lot of people so far on this thread recognize that it's the evil in man that corrupts there ideas and views.
Reply 21
Dude that was perfect, did you find that or just remembered it from the matrix :cool:
We are capable of more destruction because of the technology we have developed. However, this doesn't mean humans inherently are more evil or are worse than animals. The majority of humans are good, and do not enjoy killing or see it as fun or anything like that. There are humans out there who scrafice alot to save the human race by finding cures to diseases, develop technologies to make our lives better, helping other societies out there who are suffering from poverty, treat and save animals, give up there free time to help others etc. It's very easy to see the bad and not the good.
Reply 23
At least not everyone is a parasite :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Ajibola
We are capable of more destruction because of the technology we have developed. However, this doesn't mean humans inherently are more evil or are worse than animals. The majority of humans are good, and do not enjoy killing or see it as fun or anything like that. There are humans out there who scrafice alot to save the human race by finding cures to diseases, develop technologies to make our lives better, helping other societies out there who are suffering from poverty, treat and save animals, give up there free time to help others etc.

But the corrupt evil lot will always have the power or try and cause suffering. Even if they are the minority they still have the power to do as they please.
The good humans need to take this away from them so it can be used in a responsible way for world harmony.
If humans died out literally every other animal species in the world would benefit from it.

If bees die out the entire system of nature as we know it will collapse, leading to the extinction of many other animals and plants, possibly even humans

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
OP if you think about what you're saying you would realize you're generalizing hugely

If you think though, the fact that we notice the evil done by a few people in this world basically proves that most are good people, and moral people too. We notice it because it's against the norm. That's why it catches our attention. We have such a highly developed sense of morality that this has become an issue. I would take heart in that. We have come so far for people to even question the evil done by others, especially in positions of power.

The problem lies in motivating people to do something about it. Everyone feels that moral sense of disgust when they see violence or anything, it's what they do after that which matters though, whether it's sigh and turn on the TV or actually stand up and take action.

I believe immorality in the world has in fact hugely decreased from say, the middle ages. This has only happened because people's awareness has gone up, due to science technology and improved communication
Original post by Grace by Yahweh
You are right.

People have no value for human life because they do not believe we are created in God's image and neither care for the ten commandments 'Thou shall not kill'.

Obviously not all people, but talking specifically about those who don't care if they kill or massacre hundreds and thousands of people.

The devil knows his time is short in the world and aims to cause as much evil, hurt, confusion and disruption as he can.

Too many people are judging others and carrying out punishments rather than leaving it to God.

If people didn't retaliate then there would be peace.

But how do you know that God has not sent these people to carry out his punishments?

Also according to Exodus 21:7 I can sell my daughter, you seem to know something about Christianity. What is the going price at the moment?
The worst? By what standard? We're the only sentient species, there;s nothing to compare us to. You really think if Gorillas had our level of intelligence they'd be this peaceful race? I highly doubt it. Every species competes with those around them until it displaces them if it can. We are no different, we grow our population, use our technology/intellect to manipulate the environment so that it can hold more than its natural carrying capacity, any species in that environment must adapt or will be out-competed, any other species would do the same if it could.

We're not special, we're like any other animal deep down. Plenty of other animals in social groups attack rival groups and expand their territory, we've built guns and bombs to be more effective than just using our bare hands, but again, would another species not do the same?

There is a lot of violence in the world but also a lot of civility, I mean in general this country is remarkably stable and peaceful. Overall I don't think we're some evil species. I suppose the issue is we have the understanding to appreciate that we're damaging the environment for other species (we'll adapt via technology) but do little to stop it, but again...at a base level, why do we have to? I am playing devils advocate here but the natural world is all about survival of the fittest, city pigeons, foxes etc have adapted to us and thrive in our environment. Other animals cannot cope and die out...that's how the world has always worked, simply that a species like ours has never existed before.
Original post by DannyYYYY
Humans are a species of animal.

In answer to OP: I agree. I weep for the human race. I'm a firm believer that good ultimately triumphs over evil but my belief is being challenged.

placing every person responsible for the actions of a few.
animals act worse when you judge them by our morals and standards, like everyone seems to be using as a benchmark. Animals, if in abundance, probably wouldn't think twice when over-hunting a species, animals like dolphins, and lions sometimes kill their younglins. Least we have people such as you who believe that there is a responsibility to keep things right
Original post by goobypls
You nailed the answer :smile:
Out of curiosity what religion are you ?

I'm a Christian and follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Bible.:smile:
Original post by DiddyDec
But how do you know that God has not sent these people to carry out his punishments?

Also according to Exodus 21:7 I can sell my daughter, you seem to know something about Christianity. What is the going price at the moment?

This is the sort of reply expected from someone who misunderstands the Bible.
This is the sort of reply expected from someone who misunderstands the Bible.

How have I misunderstood it? I wish to learn as knowledge is power.
How have I misunderstood it? I wish to learn as knowledge is power.

I feel you shouldn't have that power :biggrin:
I feel you shouldn't have that power :biggrin:

Could you help me with any of my other Bible related questions, I want to learn more about the Bible and how its teaching should be used.
Could you help me with any of my other Bible related questions, I want to learn more about the Bible and how its teaching should be used.

If I can help I would be delighted to.:smile:
Reply 36
If I can help I would be delighted to.:smile:

Sometimes it just amazes me Islam, Christianity and Judaism we are so similar to one another but we need to learn to get along with each other as a whole:smile:

All three religions come from the same source but travel through different paths always remaining close to each other.
The political corporate elite yes. Poorest within society no.
Reply 38
Original post by racheljenni
If humans died out literally every other animal species in the world would benefit from it.

Many domesticated animals and even plants would most likely go extinct without us. Having said that, I do see your point.
Original post by Hachik0
The political corporate elite yes. Poorest within society no.

Sociopathy is essential the issue then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending