The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Motorbiker
If you emailed support@ and knew the email address /DOB on the orignal account we could get that back for you. :holmes:

Thanks for the advice. It's probably a bit late now, though, as I've probably got more identity with this account now than my old one.

Original post by Serena20
I find that i can have a decent conversation with very few teachers (maybe three?) the rest aren't really open to it, very short and blunt answers and they seem disinterested so i tend to leave those ones alone :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They might just be really busy or really shy? I can imagine I'm quite blunt sometimes if I've got half a dozen things on my mind and only 4 hours sleep the night before!
Original post by zazalla.
Are teachers bitchy about each other and students

Yes! Other teachers mainly, though. Maths are very bitchy about Science and English but I imagine they're the same about us too.
Original post by Autistic Merit
Yeah I haven't been complimented often (I suppose they don't want to be considered a teacher's pet) but I really appreciate it if I get one. We have self esteems too. :colondollar:

Ah nice to hear that as well because I sent thank you emails to teachers from this year as they've all been my favourite teachers in their respective subjects. I thought I was going too far but I hope they think like you as well hahaha It sucks they're not going to write my references though...I hope I can get the new teachers at new school on my side hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you sad that Michael Gove has gone? :biggrin:
Original post by Hachik0
Are you sad that Michael Gove has gone? :biggrin:

No! :cool:
Yes! Other teachers mainly, though. Maths are very bitchy about Science and English but I imagine they're the same about us too.

Do male teachers bitch too lol are you male or female
No! :cool:

Why?
What's the most high pressure situation , you've found yourself in?

They might just be really busy or really shy? I can imagine I'm quite blunt sometimes if I've got half a dozen things on my mind and only 4 hours sleep the night before!

They could be yeah but if i feel like i could be annoying them, making them uncomfortable or that they just really don't want to speak to me then it puts me off trying again because it isn't nice to keep being shunned :tongue:

My group of friends assume it's because they "hate us" as a group, although i think that's a bit dramatic, I've noticed that some of the teachers are more open to talking if i don't have certain people around me but even then, it's not very much :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zazalla.
Do male teachers bitch too lol are you male or female

I'm male and yes we do bitch.

Original post by Hachik0
Why?

I don't know everything about him but he seemed like a controlling jerk. He rushed through changes with little to no warning (e.g. resits at GCSE no longer count for the school's figures).

I don't know everything about him but he seemed like a controlling jerk. He rushed through changes with little to no warning (e.g. resits at GCSE no longer count for the school's figures).

How can you make a judgement on somebody that you don't know much about. Anyway, that aside, what is your opinion on the Finish school system?
What subject do you teach?
Original post by TSR Mustafa
What's the most high pressure situation , you've found yourself in?

The pressure of getting good results is the biggest pressure.
Original post by Hachik0
How can you make a judgement on somebody that you don't know much about. Anyway, that aside, what is your opinion on the Finish school system?

It's amazing but I know that Finnish culture also plays a massive part in their success. Here in England, those that work hard are labelled as 'keenos' whereas in Finland it's perfectly acceptable to be successful.

Original post by nadzworldz
What subject do you teach?

Maths
It's amazing but I know that Finnish culture also plays a massive part in their success. Here in England, those that work hard are labelled as 'keenos' whereas in Finland it's perfectly acceptable to be successful.

Maths
Cool wow maths:biggrin:. So are you a new teacher that is new to teaching or have you been teaching for quite a while?

Maths

Yeah i agree. Best thing is that kids don't start primary school till much later which makes sense due to the fact that a child's brain is only properly capable of learning and taking things in at around 7 i think it was. Correct me if i am wrong though =)
How old are you

Lol i could not bitch at work, if they bitch to you theyll bitch about you haha
Original post by studentscience04
How old are you

Original post by Hachik0
Yeah i agree. Best thing is that kids don't start primary school till much later which makes sense due to the fact that a child's brain is only properly capable of learning and taking things in at around 7 i think it was. Correct me if i am wrong though =)

I suppose it depends. Apparently I had a really strong memory back then (I could memorise whole paragraphs of prose although I wouldn't understand the meaning of it).