The Student Room Group

I want to not go to my firm but my insurance instead, I rang UCAS and...

When looking online, I found out that it will be possible for me to go my insurance choice instead of my firm choice, by ringing my firm university and asking them to reject me, which in turn would make my insurance choice my firm, is this correct?

I rang UCAS earlier on today and they said that yesterday was the deadline for firm and insurance choices to be swapped - but I don't want to swap my choices, I just wish to be rejected from my firm choice, so that my insurance choice becomes my firm choice and my only choice. When explaining this to UCAS, they said that I will have to wait till Results Day and see if I meet the conditions of my firm's offer (which I 100% will), I will then need to contact my firm choice on Results Day and ask them to reject me, which will then put me into Clearing, and I will then need to apply to my insurance choice again through Clearing.

Is this really the case? When I contacted UCAS on social media, the representative said that if I ring my firm now and ask them to reject me, then my insurance will become my firm.

Help? Lol
Original post by Redman96
When looking online, I found out that it will be possible for me to go my insurance choice instead of my firm choice, by ringing my firm university and asking them to reject me, which in turn would make my insurance choice my firm, is this correct?

I rang UCAS earlier on today and they said that yesterday was the deadline for firm and insurance choices to be swapped - but I don't want to swap my choices, I just wish to be rejected from my firm choice, so that my insurance choice becomes my firm choice and my only choice. When explaining this to UCAS, they said that I will have to wait till Results Day and see if I meet the conditions of my firm's offer (which I 100% will), I will then need to contact my firm choice on Results Day and ask them to reject me, which will then put me into Clearing, and I will then need to apply to my insurance choice again through Clearing.

Is this really the case? When I contacted UCAS on social media, the representative said that if I ring my firm now and ask them to reject me, then my insurance will become my firm.

Help? Lol
This is the right answer.
Contact both unis. They both have to agree to the change. But it should be straight forward for them to sort out if they're both happy.

What the ucas rep said is what needs to happen - but your firm likely wont agree to do this without the ok from your ins.
Reply 3
What's your firm and insurance?
Reply 4
Original post by carnationlilyrose
This is the right answer.

Original post by PQ
Contact both unis. They both have to agree to the change. But it should be straight forward for them to sort out if they're both happy.

What the ucas rep said is what needs to happen - but your firm likely wont agree to do this without the ok from your ins.

I haven't spoken to my firm yet, but when I rang my Insurance yesterday they also said that I'd have to wait till Results Day and do it via clearing, which is also what UCAS said when I rang them. Whereas when I rang my Insurance another time yesterday they said that they would be happy to accept me.

I DON'T WANT TO SWAP AROUND THE CHOICES. I JUST WANT MY FIRM TO REMOVE MY OFFER MEANING THAT MY INSURANCE CHOICE WILL BECOME MY FIRM AND ONLY CHOICE.

Can any of yous give me a step by step process of what I should do?

Quick Reply