The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UniOfLife
Oh, obviously. I should have realised that the words "any other countries in the world" you only meant the Western World.

Still, people are killed in other Western countries during protests: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Ian_Tomlinson or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1972)

And still, not every killing is murder.
And no other country in the Western world has to deal with the kind of protests Israel has to.

Of course no other country in the Western World has to deal with the kind of protests Israel has to, because no other country is currently persecuting ~4mill people in the 21st CENTURY - through the blockade of the world's largest open-air prison that is Gaza, and through the continued occupation , illegal land stealing, and treatment of Palestinians as sub-citizens in the West Bank.
Original post by Chindits
Not yet - although there are plenty of examples around the world where Muslims have turned to terrorism in demands for a state carved out of other people's territory.

More "whataboutery"? This is becoming quite tedious...

You seem to have added little to no value in this thread other than a lot of red font.

I cannot apologise if your ancient machine displays no other colour than black and red as not all of our machines are ex-IDF assets. I suggest you contact your PC manufacturer or better, invest in a new machine for which you have been extremely reluctant to fund so far due to your miserliness...
Original post by broscience123
Of course no other country in the Western World has to deal with the kind of protests Israel has to...

Well then, perhaps attempts to compare Israel's methods of dealing with those protests to method used by other countries to deal with different types of protests is just silly.
Original post by tsr1269
I'm glad we have agreed that Mahmoud Abbas is ineffective and that you believe the Palestinians should look to HAMAS for instructions.

im afraid you are trying to contrive statements that are not there again. I said, abbas is useless in his inabilty to control hamas or stop even one rocket being fired. he has no authority over islamists and therefore terrorism.

the only way to deal with islamists is the template usa laid out on bin laden and his other cronies
Breaking:

Palestinians file a complaint in the ICC for Israeli war crimes in Gaza.

Process has started. Court now has to decide whether it has jurisdiction over the Palestinian territories.

I envision a lot of pressure, lobbying and all kinds of shenanigans from one particular interested party...
Original post by Meenglishnogood
im afraid you are trying to contrive statements that are not there again. I said, abas is useless in his inabilty to control hamas or stop even one rocket being fired. he has no authority over islamists and therefore terrorism.

the only way to deal with islamist is the template usa laid out on nib laden and his other cronies

We have already agreed that Abbas is useless and the Palestinians should look to HAMAS if they want to resist further Israeli aggression.
(Apologies posted this a couple days late).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing

RIP to all the innocents who were mercilessly murdered in the King David Hotel Bombing in 1946 by extremist Zionists, the Irgun (now formally known as the IDF).
Original post by UniOfLife
Of course Zionism is not the same as Judaism. But then Neturei Karta, the people the OP quote, are also not representative of Judaism. They are a tiny, tiny group, ostracised by ALL other sections of Judaism. Quoting them on matters of Judaism generally is like quoting the Westboro Baptists as representative of Christianity.

Sorry I know nothing about Judaism or it's respective sects, I just thought that it was an interesting read.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reddish
Sorry I know nothing about Judaism or it's respective sects, I just thought that it was an interesting read.

No doubt it is an interesting read. But like everything on the Internet - you have to be careful about the source of the information and opinions you're reading.
Original post by Chindits
Meenglishnogood - I've recently rated you, so can't rate you again.

Just want to say you've contributed very well to this thread and refuted the notorious propagandist very effectively.

well its very easy for me as i just stick to the basic facts, i dont have to dash back and forth to websites like ummah.com and copy paste rhetoric into here.

you realise youve made an effective point when they have to resort to asking their pals in the mods team to start re-editing your posts. Actually the level of debate here is poor, apart form the mods, much of the pro hamas support is very immature and poorly educated. i would relish the opportunity to have a civilised discussion with a supporter who at least has a basic level of knowledge of the current issues and indeed the history of the region, but instead we are given the likes of tsr1269.

the biggest point being the religious dogma used by islamists to fuel this whole conflict- ie the arabs were never remotely interested in palestine till at some point late 7th century when mohammed claimed to have flown on a winged donkey from a famous rock in jerusalem. ever since then its been an islamic obsession with the entire muslim world to usurp control of and colonise jerusalem on behalf of the arabs. its this hangover of imperial islam that has never moved on - the british gave up their colonial aspirations and gave the arabs their homeland, mecca is the home of islam, jsut as india is the home of hinduism and sikhism, and jerusaelm and levant the home of the jews - so why the obsession still with jerusalem?

you realise youve made an effective point when they have to resort to asking their pals in the mods team to start re-editing your posts. Actually the level of debate here is poor, apart form the mods, much of the pro hamas support is very immature and poorly educated. i would relish the opportunity to have a civilised discussion with a supporter who at least has a basic level of knowledge of the current issues and indeed the history of the region, but instead we are given the likes of tsr1269.

The level of debate is really poor. It seems the anti-Israel crowd just have a list of 10 to 15 words of hyperbole they regurgitate. You know 'genocide' 'occupation' 'settlements' 'women and children'. I think this puts off a lot of reasoned debaters.

You sit down, make an effort to type out a coherent argument, only for a reply consisting of "why are they killing women and children"

It's so infantile.

The user you mentioned in particular is very adept at dragging the conversation down into the mire.

the biggest point being the religious dogma used by islamists to fuel this whole conflict- ie the arabs were never remotely interested in palestine till at some point late 7th century when mohammed claimed to have flown on a winged donkey from a famous rock in jerusalem. ever since then its been an islamic obsession with the entire muslim world to usurp control of and colonise jerusalem on behalf of the arabs. its this hangover of imperial islam that has never moved on - the british gave up their colonial aspirations and gave the arabs their homeland, mecca is the home of islam, jsut as india is the home of hinduism and sikhism, and jerusaelm and levant the home of the jews - so why the obsession still with jerusalem?

Yes, the Muslims do have a track record of building their holy sites on top of other peoples' and then claiming it as their own. Imperialist Islam is not finished yet. They're currently rampaging through Africa after having managed to devour 99.4% of the middle east.

It is odd how a people like the 'palestinians' can lay claim to Jerusalem, when they have never laid a brick to build it.

Anyway, appreciate your input in this thread. I know it's difficult with certain members on here. :smile:
Implying all Jews are Zionists is akin to implying all muslims are terrorists.

Honestly I didn't read the whole post OP linked to, I saw a website with an Israeli flag and a red cross over it. That doesn't inspire a sense of balanced evaluation to me so didn't bother.
We cannot speak of just "Zionism". There are many forms of Zionism, both ancient and modern. There are just as many interpretations of Zionism as well. The Zionism we know today is that of Herzl, but there is an ancient form of Zionism, which was not separate from Judaism. They were one and the same.
Original post by tsr1269
I've noticed somewhat disturbingly that many of the anti-Muslim posters on this site (you, meenglishisnogood, chindits, felamaslen, yo radical one, observatory etc) are just pro-Israeli.

It's not surprising there's a connection. I'm opposed to Islam because it is a violent authoritarian movement. Palestine repeatedly elects extremist Islamic governments. Israel, while very far from my perfect state for reasons mostly not related to the conflict, is a mixed market liberal democracy and basically tolerable place to live.
uthrabuthrab you know if a politician in the west said that they'd get kicked out of their party and possibly assassinated by Mossad.
Israel rejects US brokered ceasefire
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28494081

Can't say I'm surprised, there must be more 'terrorist' children for Israel to kill.

RIP to all the innocents who were mercilessly murdered in the King David Hotel Bombing in 1946 by extremist Zionists, the Irgun (now formally known as the IDF).

you are not a couple of days late you are about 70 years late
Israel rejects US brokered ceasefire
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28494081

Can't say I'm surprised, there must be more 'terrorist' children for Israel to kill.
you shouldnt joke about this, its the sad reality that islamic doctrine often has caused young children in places like afgansitan and palestine to try and blow themselves up as weapons for the islamists. children being exploited by islamists is a major issue for charities tackling child war casualities

http://www.childrensrightsinstitute.org/106/countering-child-suicide-bombers
you are not a couple of days late you are about 70 years late

Nah, my initial post was in a separate thread and then it got merged into this one. It was with regards to the 68th Year Anniversary of this heinous terrorist act committed by Zionists.

"Forgetfulness, and I would even say historical error, are essential in the creation of a nation."

-Ernest Renan

Israel has completely forgotten they were once not too dissimilar to the PLO or Hamas using physical force to demand what they considered to be rightfully theirs. It's how most nations born in the 20th century came about. Irgun also carried out the Deir Yassin massacre of Arabs in a village just outside Jerusalem. They're political wing later evolved in to a faction of Likud. The party Benjamin Netanyahu.

Latest

Trending

Trending