The Student Room Group

Are you a summer or winter person?

Poll

What do you prefer?

After much sneezing, struggling to sleep, and the realisation that I don't have a great pair of legs, I've realised I'm much more of a winter person...

So I thought I'd kick off a thread. What season do you prefer, summer or winter? And why?

Scroll to see replies

Winter!! I made a thread a while ago ranting about summer . I hate it mainly because of how hot it gets, not being able to sleep and the fact that the cast of Bugs Life accomodate my bathroom every night :colonhash:

I'm just a much happier person in the winter :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Winter - Love the cold, the rain and wind. The early dark nights, and the frost falling as the heating is on indoors, curtains drawn and watching some horror films. Also the snow.

Saying all that, I don't mind the sun now it's here. Get to check out all the fitties outside. :wink:
Reply 3
Winter.
100% Winter. I find the weather in Summer unbearable at times, but I never really get that cold in the Winter and it's easily dealt with by wrapping up warm anyway. Winter has Christmas, football, and long nights down the pub boozing! :wink:
Generally I'm a 'the opposite of what season it actually is' person.
Winter! Grey skies in the city and the rain is much more appreciated than the summer, with its heat and humidity.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Winter - Love the cold, the rain and wind. The early dark nights, and the frost falling as the heating is on indoors, curtains drawn and watching some horror films. Also the snow.

This :yep: Love the cold. It's nice not having to wear a jacket outside but I cope better in cold weather :lol:
Definitely summer, don't like it when its too hot but hate the cold! I'm also Arab so I'm used to the heat hehe.
I prefer Autumn :smile: I'm an autumn baby too!
Summer love the clothes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate both.

Autumn is nice. September/October time :smile:
As much as I love the summer, I'm glad winter is coming.
Nooo, summer all the way! In winter my nose goes bright red in the cold which is awful, and it's just cold and freezing and dark and dank and gloomy and ugh. Last winter it didn't even snow at all, one of the 2 good things about winter. Christmas redeems it a bit...
Summer, though. Wow, summer. It's sunny. I get tanned-er. It's holidays for a lot of it. Shorts. No coats. Just SUMMER SUMMER SUMMER
only thing i dislike about winters are the shorter daytime hours
Winter. Curse this heat we currently have.
Reply 16
In the UK, I prefer summer. Summer in this country is invariably extremely mild, it never breaks above mildly warm (with one exception), which is perfect. The only time this country has ever seen hot weather was in the heatwave period in the mid 2000s (I think it was around 10 years ago). And that lasted very briefly.

British winter is wet and cold. I do not understand why people prefer wet and cold weather over really mildly warm weather. It's odd.
Winter, more specifcally Autumn with Hallow'een when it just starts to go colder and the nights draw in and the leaves start fallling. :h:
Reply 18
Winter :smile: Christmas
I'm a ski instructor, so winter does tend to help with that.

However, being a skier, I have pretty decent legs, so wearing shorts isn't exactly a hardship.

Quick Reply

Latest