The Student Room Group

Where to find my cat a new home?

Long story short, as I am moving into halls for university next year I have to find my beautiful persian cat a new home as my parents are unwilling to look after it, plus they are moving homes.

I've advertised him online, with no asking price and so far only 'creeps' have contacted me asking me weird questions like wanting him for 'breeding' purposes (he's neutered), could I ship him abroad...

I can't seem to find someone genuine who has a 'loving family home' for him.

Any advice?
Take him to a local cat shelter?

That or buy him a fine hoody. NO one will be able to resist him then.
Don't take him to the RSPCA/PDSA They put down lots of cats all the time (trust me i work for a cat shelter who takes cats from there)
The best thing to do would be to find a smaller local charity whose priority is the cats and not the money.
He'll be sure to find a home from there, especially if he's persian as they are gorgeous and don't last long in shelters before they are snapped up.
You could always beg friends to take him (even if its only till you finish uni or move out of halls)? put adverts in shops/newspapers/vets? try local radio? Or just not move into halls and get a flat instead - some do take animals.
Please update us on what happens
and good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Contact your local Cats Protection office. I have heard dodgy stories about SSPCA/RSPCA. Whether they are 100% true I don't know but I wouldn't want to take the risk.

If you really selling the cat online, I urge to not give it away to a free home. Ask for a small price, say even just £30. It'll be more likely that responses you do get will be more serious and genuine if they are willing to pay something for the cat. I got my cats for 'free to a good home' and as you have probably seen on here, I adore my cats but it could have easily have been someone who just took them for the hell of it because they were free and then maybe sell them on for profit or because they couldn't actually afford to kept a cat. I offered the old owners £40 as they gave me food, bedding, toys etc as well as bringing them down to my house but they refused and said they didn't want the money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by STARFLEET
Long story short, as I am moving into halls for university next year I have to find my beautiful persian cat a new home as my parents are unwilling to look after it, plus they are moving homes.

I've advertised him online, with no asking price and so far only 'creeps' have contacted me asking me weird questions like wanting him for 'breeding' purposes (he's neutered), could I ship him abroad...

Any advice?

On facebook they usually have "spotted" pages for different areas. See if there is a "spotted" page in your area and try posting on there.
strong douchebag parents srs
Reply 6
Original post by STARFLEET

Any advice?

How old is he? Where are you based? Does he get on well with other cats/dogs? Is he a pedigree? Is he a housecat or a outdoors cat predominantly? Is he affectionate with humans? 'he's' male right?? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest