The Student Room Group

If the people who go on Jeremy Kylse can get a partner why can't I?

I'm under no illusions that I'm he most (physically) attractive of people and admit that I do not have a great deal to offer. I do however have my own teeth, hair, and a job. I'm also free of drug and alcohol addictions, do not have any ASBOs, injunctions or criminal records to my name and I do not (and never have had) any STDs. I'm a pretty nice, easy-going and loyal type of person too. I'm not overly fussy when it comes to choosing a partner either, but whilst loads of the people who go on the Jeremy Kyle show have (quite often multiple) partners, I am still alone. Why?

Scroll to see replies

:lol: I remember walking in on my flatmates having this discussion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like attracts like. There are plenty of people with STDs, a clan of dirty children and no teeth - they just find someone like them to shack up with.
Reply 3
Do you really want to have a relationship so bad that you storm off a stage crying about some lie detector results?

because that's in pretty much every single jeremy kyle episode.

Perhaps you need to work on attraction, you can be nice etc but if you are humourless or a bore to be around not many women will bat an eyelid
Reply 4
Original post by ZeniB
Like attracts like. There are plenty of people with STDs, a clan of dirty children and no teeth - they just find someone like them to shack up with.

So somebody like that would rule me out as potential partner material because I have teeth and no STDs?
Have you seen the state of their partners though? I'd rather be alone.
Reply 6
Original post by xOHarriet
Have you seen the state of their partners though? I'd rather be alone.

Well I wouldn't, I'm tired of being alone. :frown:
Because their partners also look like 'someone who would be on Jeremy Kyle'. You can get a partner if you lower your standards and go for one of them.
Original post by Anonymous

Well I'm sure if you go hang around outside the Jeremy Kyle studios one of the cast will give you a go :wink:

No seriously though, everyone should have standards. You shouldn't settle for the sake of not being alone. From my experience as soon as you stop obsessing over having someone, someone comes along.
Reply 9
Original post by SophiaLDN
Because their partners also look like 'someone who would be on Jeremy Kyle'. You can get a partner if you lower your standards and go for one of them.

I don't really have standards in the firstplace. As long as somebody isn't violent or and/ or spiteful/vindictive I would be reciprocate any interest they were to show in me.
I'm under no illusions that I'm he most (physically) attractive of people and admit that I do not have a great deal to offer. I do however have my own teeth, hair, and a job

Hahahaha when all else goes to poo at least you have your own hair and teeth unlike the tramps on Jeremy Kyle. But srsly, there could be a plethora of other reasons why you are single, it's all about finding something that works for you.

Hope that helps

Until you can find happiness being alone, you won't find happiness being with anyone else. I read that somewhere and I believe in it.
Original post by Rikudou_Sennin
Hahahaha when all else goes to poo at least you have your own hair and teeth unlike the tramps on Jeremy Kyle. But srsly, there could be a plethora of other reasons why you are single, it's all about finding something that works for you.

Hope that helps

I know it's awful, but I actually seriously do watch Jeremy Kyle because it make me eel better about my own life.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean in your second sentence. Could you perhaps elaborate a bit?
Original post by Rikudou_Sennin
Until you can find happiness being alone, you won't find happiness being with anyone else. I read that somewhere and I believe in it.

Well I guess I'm screwed then because I Know I'll never be happy without somebody to share my life with.
You can do better than that.
Original post by ZeniB

Rubbish, as if someone with no teeth automatically prefers a partner with no teeth, they've just lowered their standards.

You've got to remember these people largely come from impoverished areas, which I'm assuming you don't, OP. They're the poorest and most vulnerable people out there, so we stick them on tv so we can laugh at them and have a go at them. I'm not a fan of these shows.

But yeah, mainly area. Also confidence, they might have a lot of negatives in their lives and appearances, but they still may have charm. You don't strike me as a confident person, and that's usually the difference.
Original post by Mankytoes
Rubbish, as if someone with no teeth automatically prefers a partner with no teeth, they've just lowered their standards.

You've got to remember these people largely come from impoverished areas, which I'm assuming you don't, OP. They're the poorest and most vulnerable people out there, so we stick them on tv so we can laugh at them and have a go at them. I'm not a fan of these shows.

But yeah, mainly area. Also confidence, they might have a lot of negatives in their lives and appearances, but they still may have charm. You don't strike me as a confident person, and that's usually the difference.

How do any of the people on Jeremy Kyle possibly have any 'charm'?
Original post by Mankytoes

and actually I'm from a very low income background in a working class area?
I know it's awful, but I actually seriously do watch Jeremy Kyle because it make me eel better about my own life.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean in your second sentence. Could you perhaps elaborate a bit?

I mean finding someone who plays to your strengths. A friend before all else like the sex. And don't say you ain't got no strengths... Don't bring that weakness here lol. You have to love yourself before you can expect anyone else to love you. Feel me?

Btw girl or boy? It will help me to understand you more
Do you really want a J Kyle type partner ???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending