The Student Room Group

What Jungian personality type are you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Less than 1% actually :cool:

Oh yeah - I'm thinking of how many women are INFJ - d'oh!

:colondollar:
Original post by Mochassassin
Then why'd you reply to meeehhh? *dreams of an INFJ collective shatters* :frown:

Aww... Man up :colonhash:

(:hugs:)
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
Aww... Man up :colonhash:

(:hugs:)
Posted from TSR Mobile

But I'm a gaaaaaal. Stop breaking my heart. JUST LEAVE ME BE! :frown:
Original post by Mochassassin
But I'm a gaaaaaal. Stop breaking my heart. JUST LEAVE ME BE! :frown:

So am I :rolleyes:

Soz-burger :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
So am I :rolleyes:

Soz-burger :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

:catfight:

Joking. :hugs:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
You should change over time :smile: It's not set in stone. Personality types aren't 'who you are' so to speak. They don't represent the soul.

Yeah I guessed so :redface: Was quite odd reading the different descriptions afterwards though! Annoying that INFP's jobs are always listed as humanity-y/arts sort of subjects :grumble: :tongue: (i.e. things I can't do :biggrin:)
Original post by purple-duck
Yeah I guessed so :redface: Was quite odd reading the different descriptions afterwards though! Annoying that INFP's jobs are always listed as humanity-y/arts sort of subjects :grumble: :tongue: (i.e. things I can't do :biggrin:)

I posted a guardian article a bit earlier which gives a really good overview as to why personality type assessments for work are a bad idea, and this is exactly the reason. You can't predict what jobs would be good for someone/what someone's like as a whole because that's just not what the test measures. However, it's nice to think you can understand someone through this type of test which is why it's still so popular.

Also, the test is nonsense and scientifically inaccurate, and isn't taken seriously by psychologists or anyone else. :smile:
I've taken two tests (one was "Yes" or "No" and another was degrees of agreeing..) and got INFJ for the "Yes" one and ISFJ for the degrees one.

INFJ was the humanmetric test..
Introvert 44%
Intuitive 38%
Feeling 12%
Judging 44%

So I guess at least IFJ is definitely correct and pretty accurate.
(edited 9 years ago)
INFJ
Introvert(100%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(12%) Judging(22%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I posted a guardian article a bit earlier which gives a really good overview as to why personality type assessments for work are a bad idea, and this is exactly the reason. You can't predict what jobs would be good for someone/what someone's like as a whole because that's just not what the test measures. However, it's nice to think you can understand someone through this type of test which is why it's still so popular.

Also, the test is nonsense and scientifically inaccurate, and isn't taken seriously by psychologists or anyone else. :smile:

Yes! I did read a bit of that :smile: I agree it's quite interesting how the descriptions seem to describe someone so well (in parts/ish!)

I've read that a few times - I think I mentioned it on my form for counselling last year- silly duck :tongue: :colondollar:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Less than 1% actually :cool:

:woo:, it's weird though- I looked at some suggested careers and I could never imagine myself as a teacher, counsellor, or musician and certainly not a member of the clergy :lol:
On this one I got ESFJ. I've pretty much been tested as all the types whenever I do it. I mostly get ENFP or ENTP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I always get ENFJ and I think this puts my life into perspective a little. "They expect the best not just from themselves, but from others as well, and may find themselves disappointed when others are not as genuine in their intentions as the ENFJ."
Im EN
Reply 154
INTJ, there are a surprising number here actually, thought it was supposed to be quite rare
Taken the test multiple times. Always INTJ.
Original post by jm925
INTJ, there are a surprising number here actually, thought it was supposed to be quite rare

That's if you believe what they're claiming.
I've done this before and I was an ESTJ

I can agree with a lot of what it says about me http://www.truity.com/estj though I tend to think that some of it is a little overstated.
INTJ
Introvert(33%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(1%) Judging(89%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (89%)
INTJ (Strong introvert, slight Intuitive, moderate Thinking, Moderate Judging)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest