The Student Room Group

Isis orders all women and girls in Mosul to undergo FGM, says UN

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Straw-man666
So you think isis are muslims? :facepalm:

Another brainwashed individual fed by the media.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS)

Yes ... because it's in the name.
Original post by Baronred
It's practiced in non-muslim countries and cultures so people who say that may be right

Really the whole process sounds exaggerated. If the women involved do not orgasm in a gratuitous way then maybe the can focus their mind on less base things. Also, male circumcision is ignored so really maybe problems with FGM sound more like whining.
Original post by scrotgrot
Hamas are not civilised. Hamas exists due to Israeli oppression. If you and your ethnic group had been corralled into a tiny enclave, built walls around and had your economy blockaded you might elect militants to government too.

Give them food, water and electricity indeed. It's easy to cast yourself as the big provider when you are bullying a tiny enclave which has to use your infrastructure to get access to the outside world.

The Nazis were democratically elected, yes. They established a dictatorship in the end but basically went through all the proper channels to do so. Still, I am hardly attempting to suggest that Israel is like Nazi Germany, but too many people act like democracy automatically prevents war crimes and state oppression from happening.

Firstly, no they weren't, they never got a majority, and never competed in free and fair elections at all.

STOP TRYING TO ****ING BOMB AND MASSACRE THEM THEN?

From Day 1 the Arabs have attempted Genocide against the Jews, the second the British left the Muslims tried to exterminate the Jews. In the Six Day War the Muslims plotted to exterminate the Jews.

Why does Israel exist? Because Muslim and Arab armies are absolutely piss poor and couldn't beat or compete with anybody but each other.

There was no American aid when you attempted Genocide on the new Jew nation in the 40s, it was the IDF's skill and resolve that beat you.

The sooner the IDF completely annihilate the entirety of Hamas the sooner this will all be over.

Think about this. If Israel disbanded the IDF today and laid down all arms, what would happen? Hamas, Fatah, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Egypt would massacre them, there would be genocide, a second holocaust, we've seen it before, remember the three Nos.

What if Hamas laid down its arms? What if they never fired a rocket again? What would happen to Gaza? There would be peace. There would be no conflict.

Only one side is to blame for this (hint: they aren't Jews)
Original post by Augustus1
Really the whole process sounds exaggerated. If the women involved do not orgasm in a gratuitous way then maybe the can focus their mind on less base things. Also, male circumcision is ignored so really maybe problems with FGM sound more like whining.

wow... you've got to be joking
Original post by Daniel9510
Firstly, no they weren't, they never got a majority, and never competed in free and fair elections at all.

STOP TRYING TO ****ING BOMB AND MASSACRE THEM THEN?

From Day 1 the Arabs have attempted Genocide against the Jews, the second the British left the Muslims tried to exterminate the Jews. In the Six Day War the Muslims plotted to exterminate the Jews.

Why does Israel exist? Because Muslim and Arab armies are absolutely piss poor and couldn't beat or compete with anybody but each other.

There was no American aid when you attempted Genocide on the new Jew nation in the 40s, it was the IDF's skill and resolve that beat you.

The sooner the IDF completely annihilate the entirety of Hamas the sooner this will all be over.

Think about this. If Israel disbanded the IDF today and laid down all arms, what would happen? Hamas, Fatah, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Egypt would massacre them, there would be genocide, a second holocaust, we've seen it before, remember the three Nos.

What if Hamas laid down its arms? What if they never fired a rocket again? What would happen to Gaza? There would be peace. There would be no conflict.

Only one side is to blame for this (hint: they aren't Jews)

You have not addressed the points about corralling, blockading, walling off. You have not acknowledged that since 1967 Israel has been the major power in the region. And why are you saying "you"? I am neither a Palestinian nor Muslim nor a card-carrying supporter of the Palestinian cause. I am a normal person who sees which way the power differential is in the region.

I mean, I learn today that Israel bombed a civilian shelter for seemingly no reason other than a suspicion that Hamas operatives might possibly be hiding in such shelters. It's not the way a mature democratic modern secular state like Israel likes to paint itself as is supposed to behave. It's the way two-bit terrorist rebels like Hamas behave, not powerful states. The British Army committed one relatively small civilian massacre in Northern Ireland despite the fact that their terrorists were constantly letting off bombs on the mainland. While I am hardly suggesting either side's conduct was unimpeachable at least Britain rose above it and didn't start flattening Northern Irish civilian buildings.

If Hamas laid down its arms, the occupation would continue without opposition and Israel would turn the screw as and when it suited them and their economy.

If the IDF laid down their arms (no need for them to disband...) rocket attacks could well continue except that realistically it would be part of another carefully negotiated ceasefire rather than unilateral laying down of arms. But even if they did disarm, other Muslim countries appear to have no proper solidarity with Gaza and no desire to launch a ground offensive on a US-backed regional economic powerhouse with a huge nuclear deterrent.

May I suggest that in the interim Israel stick to targeting Hamas operatives and military installations rather than civilian shelters.

Also it is not about Jews or second holocausts. It is about two combatants with a certain power differential that makes me gravitate towards supporting the less powerful entity.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 105
im all for hating on isis but i dont lie or at least try not to make mistake . this is false they came out with a statement saying it is false. they usually take pictures of spiked Christians and what not laughing like dogs they would of come out with a statement.
Original post by scrotgrot
You have not addressed the points about corralling, blockading, walling off. You have not acknowledged that since 1967 Israel has been the major power in the region. And why are you saying "you"? I am neither a Palestinian nor Muslim nor a card-carrying supporter of the Palestinian cause. I am a normal person who sees which way the power differential is in the region.

I mean, I learn today that Israel bombed a civilian shelter for seemingly no reason other than a suspicion that Hamas operatives might possibly be hiding in such shelters. It's not the way a mature democratic modern secular state like Israel likes to paint itself as is supposed to behave. It's the way two-bit terrorist rebels like Hamas behave, not powerful states. The British Army committed one relatively small civilian massacre in Northern Ireland despite the fact that their terrorists were constantly letting off bombs on the mainland. While I am hardly suggesting either side's conduct was unimpeachable at least Britain rose above it and didn't start flattening Northern Irish civilian buildings.

If Hamas laid down its arms, the occupation would continue without opposition and Israel would turn the screw as and when it suited them and their economy.

If the IDF laid down their arms (no need for them to disband...) rocket attacks could well continue except that realistically it would be part of another carefully negotiated ceasefire rather than unilateral laying down of arms. But even if they did disarm, other Muslim countries appear to have no proper solidarity with Gaza and no desire to launch a ground offensive on a US-backed regional economic powerhouse with a huge nuclear deterrent.

May I suggest that in the interim Israel stick to targeting Hamas operatives and military installations rather than civilian shelters.

Also it is not about Jews or second holocausts. It is about two combatants with a certain power differential that makes me gravitate towards supporting the less powerful entity.

So far the IDF has found 74 weapon caches under civilian buildings. Why are they targeting civilian buildings? Because Hamas hides within the civilians, if the civilians are willing to let them move rockets into their house and not alert anybody, they are collaborators at best. Hamas don't have "Military Installations" that aren't built in and around residential areas, the reason is so when somebody finally attacks the ***** they get the moral high ground.

Hamas shows no discretion firing its 2,400+ rockets so far, all directly at Tel Aviv and civilian settlements? The IDF could absolutely flatten Gaza if they wanted to. Why do they warn the civilians before attacks, and why are they on the ground when they have absolute air superiority? To prevent civilian casualties? Why are they still giving aid, medical supplies and electricity to Gaza? The minimize death. Imagine how effective Hamas would be if they pulled the plug?

They weren't a major power in the '60s, they were hugely outnumbered, just far far better trained and motivated. Middle-Eastern and African armies are renown for being dog-****e and rag tag at best.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7fd_1405801040

A bit of Middle-Eastern History

Are you forgetting the Occupation is because of Hamas's rockets? No Hamas Rocket attacks, no Occupation.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Baronred
wow... you've got to be joking

No. Life should be about more than just base sexual gratification. Maybe ISIS is right. There comes a time I guess, when everyone must pay for their sins and ISIS are the people to implement a greater moral code.
Reply 108
Original post by Edison'sWords
Mate, I'm done talking with you it's just a waste of my time. I didn't misunderstand, I know the victims don't volunteer- who would? And those that perform it somehow manage to convince them it is for the best, that's the problem. You are using others ideas and opinions to support your own (and these opinions are swayed by culture) but my evidence comes from what it said in the Quran and Hadiths. My opinions are based off of what the Islamic scholars have proven to be authentic. They've dedicated their lives to understanding and appreciating Islamic scripture and they've dissected the information available to show there is no link between FGM and Islam. The problem lies in the different interpretations of the teachings and it may well be that the sources you have quoted have used Hadith which have subsequently been proved to be inauthentic. I am under no such impressions that you have accused me of- you can't seem to handle that someone is challenging whatever personal conviction you have. I know religious tradition is a part of religion fool, I'm talking about cultural tradition based off of what people think is religious.

I'm not going to go around in circles with you anymore and neither am I going to lose sleep over what you've said lol.

I'm gonna stop watching this thread now.
This is part of the reason why the practice continues to flourish in Muslim countries and communities. People, like yourself, insisting that Islam has no influence in the problem. You are more concerned with defending the public image of Islam than defending children from abuse. Taking a leaf out of the Catholic Church's book I see.
Original post by QE2
This is part of the reason why the practice continues to flourish in Muslim countries and communities. People, like yourself, insisting that Islam has no influence in the problem. You are more concerned with defending the public image of Islam than defending children from abuse. Taking a leaf out of the Catholic Church's book I see.

Oh not again.
I don't think that makes sense? I'm saying that Islam isn't part of the problem and this practice should end completely- in Muslim countries and anywhere else it takes place. It's wrong and disgusting and I don't understand how any mother can take her daughter to get this done, it saddens me a lot. I do care about defending the image of Islam when wrong accusations are fired yes. I also care a lot about these girls and that's why I participate in assemblies and school-based initiatives, to increase awareness of this topic and ensure fewer girls are subjected to it and that they know where to get help and protection if they need. I didn't even know about this practise until we had an assembly on it a few years ago and ever since I've wanted to help. It's also sad that you had to say such a thing. Enjoy the rest of your Summer, I'm out :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 110
Original post by Edison'sWords
I'm saying that Islam isn't part of the problem
Then you too are part of the problem.
Try reading some of the rulings and justifications from Islamic sources. Learn a little of the history.
It is mind-boggling that when al-Nisri's renowned and respected guide to Islamic law "Reliance of the Traveller" states
Circumcision is obligatory (for every male and female) by cutting off the piece of skin on the glans of the penis of the male, but circumcision of the female is by cutting out the clitoris
you can blithely say that it has nothing to do with Islam.

When Islamic scholars make such statements as
Circumcision is not an inherited custom as some people claim, rather it is prescribed in Islam and the scholars are unanimously agreed that it is prescribed.
it is irrelevant whether some other scholars may now consider some of the sources less authentic than previously. Those Muslims who follow such scholars, as quoted above, for guidance are happy in the knowledge that FGM is an Islamic practice and thus favoured by Allah.

If the people practicing it believe it to be required by Islam, they will only stop when they are convinced that it is not. If people refuse to acknowledge the Islamic connection then no steps can be taken to break that link, and so the practice continues.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by QE2
Then you too are part of the problem.
Try reading some of the rulings and justifications from Islamic sources. Learn a little of the history.
It is mind-boggling that when al-Nisri's renowned and respected guide to Islamic law "Reliance of the Traveller" states you can blithely say that it has nothing to do with Islam.

When Islamic scholars make such statements as it is irrelevant whether some other scholars may now consider some of the sources less authentic than previously. Those Muslims who follow such scholars, as quoted above, for guidance are happy in the knowledge that FGM is an Islamic practice and thus favoured by Allah.

If the people practicing it believe it to be required by Islam, they will only stop when they are convinced that it is not. If people refuse to acknowledge the Islamic connection then no steps can be taken to break that link, and so the practice continues.

I would like to know more about the history since most of what I know is focussed on the current Islamic stance on FGM. Okay, I'll learn more about the history- knowledge is power after all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending