The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Adam smith business school

Hello everyone. I would like to ask, how good is the business school of glasgow and to be more precise the accounting and finance department. (Undergraduate course)Is it of equal quality with Warwick, Leeds, Manchester Durham Lancaster Nottingham Bristol Sheffield?(talking about the business school)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by yiannisk
Is it of equal quality with Warwick, Manchester Durham Bristol?(talking about the business school)

Hi. I don't think so. WBS is the top business school, a little bit "worse" (in terms of prestige and maybe quality) are Manchester, Durham and Bristol.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
What about glasgow? Isn't it a prestigious university aswell?(talking about the business school? According to the league tables it is 6th for accounting and finance and according to guardian and times it is 12th and 13th respectively. That is pretty good. In the rankings it is considered to be in a higher place than Manchester and Bristol. Besides that according to graduate prospects it is higher than Manchester and Bristol. What is more glasgow has a long history. According to your views been studying at Manchester or Bristol guarantees me a more promising feature than studying at glasgow? your opinion does count to me. Thank you in advance
Reply 3
Original post by Droghedan
Hi. I don't think so. WBS is the top business school, a little bit "worse" (in terms of prestige and maybe quality) are Manchester, Durham and Bristol.

What about glasgow? Isn't it a prestigious university aswell?(talking about the business school? According to the league tables it is 6th for accounting and finance and according to guardian and times it is 12th and 13th respectively. That is pretty good. In the rankings it is considered to be in a higher place than Manchester and Bristol. Besides that according to graduate prospects it is higher than Manchester and Bristol. What is more glasgow has a long history. According to your views been studying at Manchester or Bristol guarantees me a more promising feature than studying at glasgow? your opinion does count to me. Thank you in advance
Reply 4
Original post by yiannisk

Yes, it is prestigious. But in comparison with WBS/Durham/Bristol ASBS is not on the same level. UoG-ASBS is closer to Sheffield and Leeds.
Also you should know that Scottish education system is different from English one.

In addition, QS World Uni Rankings: http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2013#sorting=rank+region=+country=+faculty=+stars=false+search=
Reply 5
Yes, it is prestigious. But in comparison with WBS/Durham/Bristol ASBS is not on the same level. UoG-ASBS is closer to Sheffield and Leeds.
Also you should know that Scottish education system is different from English one.

In addition, QS World Uni Rankings: http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2013#sorting=rank+region=+country=+faculty=+stars=false+search=

What do you mean by saying that the Scottish system is different from the English system? Can you be more precise? Is that a bad or a good thing? Does this mean that I can't find a job in England that easily? is the syllabus entirely different from English uni's ? Thank you and sorry for being so annoying with my so many questions.
Current chairman of HSBC is a graduate. Can't be that bad.

Am I ignorant or you are , I don't think Bristol has a business school. Or could you present a link to the Bristol University Business School?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending