The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Accommodation

Does anyone know what the difference is with Albert Stern House and Albert Stern Cottages?
Original post by SS15
Does anyone know what the difference is with Albert Stern House and Albert Stern Cottages?

Albert Stern House is the Victorian building at 253 Mile End Road - facing out onto the street. It has 4 floors and each floor has two flats with the rooms built along a corridor. The bathroom and kitchen are shared between about 10 students (if I remember rightly, this is going back literally ages).

Albert Stern Cottages is a smaller, separate block of flats behind the main house (so it doesn't face out onto the Mile End Road). There's a very large kitchen and there are two en suite rooms, but the rest of the rooms have shared bathrooms.

Albert Stern and Ifor Evans are right next to eachother and Ifor Evans has a courtyard which is great for smoking shisha/other things and both are the closest halls to Drapers (the SU). In short, it's a pretty sociable place to be so you shouldn't be bored.

I lived in the Cottages when I was a first year and I was lucky enough to be in one of the en suite rooms - honestly, if I could, I'd happily buy my old room and go back and live there forever more. I have some seriously good memories of that old room :moon:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Democracy
Albert Stern House is the Victorian building at 253 Mile End Road - facing out onto the street. It has 4 floors and each floor has two flats with the rooms built along a corridor. The bathroom and kitchen are shared between about 10 students (if I remember rightly, this is going back literally ages).

Albert Stern Cottages is a smaller, separate block of flats behind the main house (so it doesn't face out onto the Mile End Road). There's a very large kitchen and there are two en suite rooms, but the rest of the rooms have shared bathrooms.

Albert Stern and Ifor Evans are right next to eachother and Ifor Evans has a courtyard which is great for smoking shisha/other things and both are the closest halls to Drapers (the SU). In short, it's a pretty sociable place to be so you shouldn't be bored.

I lived in the Cottages when I was a first year and I was lucky enough to be in one of the en suite rooms - honestly, if I could, I'd happily buy my old room and go back and live there forever more. I have some seriously good memories of that old room :moon:

Oh okay, thank you! Do you know how many people have to share the bathrooms in the cottages? :smile:
Original post by SS15
Oh okay, thank you! Do you know how many people have to share the bathrooms in the cottages? :smile:

For some reason I'm thinking six? I'm not positive though, like I say this is going back ages and ages.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending