The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChickenMadness
yes why is that hard to understand? You get a free house, free car, parents pay for everything. You don't have to work to pay for anything. Thats what spoilt is

Or were you not being sarcastic? Hard to tell if this thread is satire or not.

Free everything, that's what blessing is. If I was spoilt I would rather being enjoying more in Pakistan and not thinking about my education.
That means who ever has wealthy parents then he\she is destined to be spoilt.
Original post by krazy prince
Free everything, that's what blessing is. If I was spoilt I would rather being enjoying more in Pakistan and not thinking about my education.
That means who ever has wealthy parents then he\she is destined to be spoilt.

ye pretty much lol. If you're getting a free house that you didn't have to work for.

My mum had a rich Dad and she was spoilt as a kid and she knows it. Doesn't sugar coat it saying she was 'blessed' she just says she was spoilt loads. It's not a bad thing. Just an easy life.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
How does it harm society? Please, elaborate

How is staring you're rich bragging?

To the normal people on the world, going on the internet, saying I'm starting Uni in September, my dad is buying me a house, a car and paying for everything! What do you guys think of that? Is bragging as there is absolutely no reason for this thread other than the OP pushing how rich he is.

It harms our society as it creates workshy little ****s, who, on top of being awful employees, are also awful group members when your stuck with them too, as they do no work.
As we all know there are different - different people in the world with their unique mentality. You can't say these things for all. Yes, some rich students are behaving very badly and giving more time in enjoying in pub than study. Some of them are good and in spite of being rich, they are very curious about the study. They are enjoying in pub as well as become top in studies.

It depends on you that what you want to show in front of people. It is all in the hand of a student to change the metality of others.
ye pretty much lol. If you're getting a free house that you didn't have to work for.

My mum had a rich Dad and she was spoilt as a kid and she knows it. Doesn't sugar coat it saying she was 'blessed' she just says she was spoilt loads. It's not a bad thing. Just an easy life.

If that is what you call spoiled then I prefer to be spoiled.
If that is what you call spoiled then I prefer to be spoiled.

ye everyone would prefer to be spoilt. No one wants to work hard just to be able to live lol. Thats the whole point.
(edited 9 years ago)
ye everyone would prefer to be spoilt. No one wants to work hard just to be able to live lol. Thats the whole point.

I like working hard (now). Having learnt a fair bit about the repercussions of my mistakes, and my extremely bleak future given the way things are going, work feels like my only godsend. It's the only way I can become better, to attract better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol pretty straightforward answer. This is actually the whole point. Everybody wants it but why then hate the persons who have it?
Hello, I am an international student and am holding an offer from kings.
Before moving to UK this Sep, I wanted to know what pschy do UK students have for us and found it quite funny when I read the threads like what do rich international students think of us and they are spoiled etc.
Actually why I made this thread is so I can know why do u actually think we are spoiled or we are different from you when you yourself actually have a huge upper hand (fluent English) . I, before reading threads like this, thought that may be students would think down on me as I don't belong to their culture and dun know how the things go on there (though have visited UK many times as u would expect from a rich int student ;-) ) .
So to tell u about myself , yes I am one of those students who has latest macs, smartphones and my parents will buy me a flat and a BMW when I move there though in no way I think I will be bragging about it or think m better than u people and personally am a very down to earth person, this is the reason m leaving all this wealth n moving over there but still all these come with me where ever I'll move.
Thanks for reading this essay and please share Ur thoughts on why u think students with lots of moneyare not like u.

You are just another pretentious douchebag on TSR!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 269
First of all the OP starts with :

"Before moving to UK this Sep, I wanted to know what pschy do UK students have for us"

He's already separated us into different groups of people. Because he is rich he's already "different" lol

"why do u actually think we are spoiled or we are different from you
when you yourself actually have a huge upper hand"

Don't think I've ever seen more spoilt attitude. Ofcourse trust the OP to refuse to see how spoilt he is but immediately try to single out what aritificial advantages we have ( fluent English hardly an advantage as he is trying to emphasise however ). The " oh sure I have this but I would be so much better of with that too" attitude

"
though have visited UK many times as u would expect from a rich int student ;-) ) ."

Was this even necessary?

"yes I am one of those students who has latest macs, smartphones and my parents will buy me a flat and a BMW when I move there though in no way I think I will be bragging about it or think m better than u people"

Seems like subtle bragging to me. No one was actually interested about your new flat or BMW car I think people already get the idea that you've come from a rich upbringing.
Also, again, wtf does " better than u people" mean?
This is like when an awkward white person is trying to talk to a black person like saying " Hey, oh you're black? It's ok, I have nothing against blacks, I use to work with one once!

Spoiler

" and personally am a very down to earth person"
I doubt you know what down to earth really is

" please share Ur thoughts on why u think students with lots of moneyare not like u."
You've decided to yet again separate us as a different identity group and also thought that literally every person who is not as well off as you has this sort of jealous attitude you presume.

I honestly have nothing against people who are well off/rich but I can't stand spoilt people and this whole thread was created just to some what satisfy your ego and reassure your self that " I am the good guy here, everyone else poor deserves it and has no right to be jealous of me" especially after some of the comments I've seen the OP post afterwards.

You think you're destined to be spoilt? lol **** off
(edited 9 years ago)
lol i'd treat u the same as everyone else... i wouldn't hate or judge u for it, lol idc if ur rich or poor
wow so many jealous people looooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Sorry people ! I didn't mean to give an arrogant vibe as some of you assumed. I am sorry ! I just wanted to have your thoughts and I did get them. thank you !
Original post by AR_95
First of all the OP starts with :

"Before moving to UK this Sep, I wanted to know what pschy do UK students have for us"

He's already separated us into different groups of people. Because he is rich he's already "different" lol

"why do u actually think we are spoiled or we are different from you
when you yourself actually have a huge upper hand"

Don't think I've ever seen more spoilt attitude. Ofcourse trust the OP to refuse to see how spoilt he is but immediately try to single out what aritificial advantages we have ( fluent English hardly an advantage as he is trying to emphasise however ). The " oh sure I have this but I would be so much better of with that too" attitude

"
though have visited UK many times as u would expect from a rich int student ;-) ) ."

Was this even necessary?

"yes I am one of those students who has latest macs, smartphones and my parents will buy me a flat and a BMW when I move there though in no way I think I will be bragging about it or think m better than u people"

Seems like subtle bragging to me. No one was actually interested about your new flat or BMW car I think people already get the idea that you've come from a rich upbringing.
Also, again, wtf does " better than u people" mean?
This is like when an awkward white person is trying to talk to a black person like saying " Hey, oh you're black? It's ok, I have nothing against blacks, I use to work with one once!

Spoiler

" and personally am a very down to earth person"
I doubt you know what down to earth really is

" please share Ur thoughts on why u think students with lots of moneyare not like u."
You've decided to yet again separate us as a different identity group and also thought that literally every person who is not as well off as you has this sort of jealous attitude you presume.

I honestly have nothing against people who are well off/rich but I can't stand spoilt people and this whole thread was created just to some what satisfy your ego and reassure your self that " I am the good guy here, everyone else poor deserves it and has no right to be jealous of me" especially after some of the comments I've seen the OP post afterwards.

You think you're destined to be spoilt? lol **** off

Hahaha.... Excellent reply :yy:

@ OP:
Why should I jealous? I will work hard to get those things for myself & if I won't get them then probably I didn't work hard :smile:
Original post by universal_set
Hahaha.... Excellent reply :yy:

@ OP:
Why should I jealous? I will work hard to get those things for myself & if I won't get them then probably I didn't work hard :smile:

Great !
Great !

You are acting like Tarzan who wants to experience British civilization but refusing to leave his sick attitude.

BTW, I own much more than you & I earned almost half of it with my hard work & remaining from inheritance but I am not at all interested to see a joker like you at KCL. I hope not to see you & end up with a criminal conviction on me because I will definitely break your nose provided you come in front of me with same cheap behaviour.
You are acting like Tarzan who wants to experience British civilization but refusing to leave his sick attitude.

BTW, I own much more than you & I earned almost half of it with my hard work & remaining from inheritance but I am not at all interested to see a joker like you at KCL. I hope not to see you & end up with a criminal conviction on me because I will definitely break your nose provided you come in front of me with same cheap behaviour.

Haha that's good for you if you own much more. Lol. I'm really happy for you that you've earned everything. Now live peacefully.
Haha that's good for you if you own much more. Lol. I'm really happy for you that you've earned everything. Now live peacefully.

You are a newly rich fukin' retard.
Now, **** off
You are a newly rich fukin' retard.
Now, **** off

Haha grow some tolerance son grow some tolerance !!
Haha grow some tolerance son grow some tolerance !!

**** off :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending