The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Is anyone going to Sheffield Hallam this september to study Graphic Design?

I really want to get talking to some people that intend to study Graphic design at Sheffield Hallam in September 2014 or even some people who have applied for Victoria halls/ the forge... :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Jade_Louise
I really want to get talking to some people that intend to study Graphic design at Sheffield Hallam in September 2014 or even some people who have applied for Victoria halls/ the forge... :smile:

Hey I'm Sophie I'm studying Graphic Design in September too my firm choice is the masters course and my insurance choice is the bachelors :smile: I was looking for people who are doing the course too but I have put down for the Trigon and The Pinnacles :smile:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi im going to study graphic design aswell but im torn between Sheffield Hallam and Liverpool John Moores
I'm definitely more towards going to sheffield but i'm still a little clueless about the course/uni/city/nightlife

Can I ask what other choices you had?
and also what has made you choose sheffield over others?
and anything else about Sheffield in general

Thanks!
Reply 3
I was also considering LJM but in the end I swapped it so I could apply for two courses at Sheffield. my other choices were: Nottingham tent (parents and friends asked me to apply there but I didn't want to stay local), Lincoln and York St John. But Sheffield was always my first choice because I liked the Course Layout especially the masters course because you can go abroad for three months and the past students have gone into some pretty awesome careers such as one of the past students being the creator of adventure time and now they work for cartoon network. plus things like societies and social events mean a lot to me as atm I live alone and all my friend have already gone to university or in the army, since I'm 21. Also I'm obsessed with ice hockey so I can still go and watch matches at their area. The city is really friendly and everyone's very welcoming and they host lots of events especially sports events as many of the Sport UK centres are there and because of being Jessica Ennis' home city. I've been on one night out in the past, it was 2 years ago but I remember I really enjoyed it because they have lots of different bars and clubs to enjoy. :smile: hope this helps
Reply 4
I have an interview next week on Wednesday for the course! I'm really unsure what to take as Sheffield Hallam is where I want to go, my portfolio had too much illustration in for Lincoln apparently! Do any of you who have places and offers have any work/examples I could see just to help me out?! :smile:
Reply 5
Thanks that really helped!
I think I'm going to pick Sheffield Hallam as my firm choice as I debated a lot and the majority of people I have asked have said positive things, hopefully it lives up :smile:

I think if your portfolio is more illustration based it's fine because at my interview there was a wide range of portfolios in my group some peoples were mainly photography and others had a lot of drawing, my work is more collage based and they said they liked it which shows they're not looking for just digital work :smile:

Good luck for your interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
You can add me on Facebook if you like I have all my work in a folder called graphic design and some stuff in my timeline photos my name on fb is Sophie Emma Platts :smile: just make sure you know your favourite artist and graphic designers and what graphic design is the people in my group when I was interviewed couldn't even name one graphic designer and I was listing off a lot and try and explain why you think your work is similar to theirs I got accepted for the MDes and the BA courses :smile:
I am doing Graphic Design!! :smile: very excited about it too! Not sure whether or not to do it at a masters level yet. I'm hoping to get into Kings Chambers, or Liberty Works.
Reply 8
Original post by Matildaaaaaaa
I am doing Graphic Design!! :smile: very excited about it too! Not sure whether or not to do it at a masters level yet. I'm hoping to get into Kings Chambers, or Liberty Works.

oooh i was looking at those two too but liberty works was a bit expensive and tbh I just prefered the trigon :smile: im glad I've found other people who are doing the course and I wouldn't worry about whether you do the masters or not yet cause you've got until the third year to decide :smile:
Reply 9

I've accepted my offer for the Graphics' course at Sheffield Hallam :smile: but I'm applied for the accommodation; Trigon
Reply 10
Original post by chelsey18
I've accepted my offer for the Graphics' course at Sheffield Hallam :smile: but I'm applied for the accommodation; Trigon

Wooooo somebody else in the trigon :biggrin:
Education studies @ hallam september

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oops wrong discussion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Can I ask how quickly you was able to apply for accomodation after accepting your offer? I accepted my unconditional but it says I need student ID to apply for acommodation and I haven't got one? I accepted a few weeks ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest, I just really want a double bed! :smile: Although I wish they had a pool table...
Should be a good course, can't wait to get started to be honest.
So where is everyone from ?
Anybody on here applied for the forge / trigon?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17

I will be studying graphic design this september but I shall be living in leadmill point!
Reply 18
I'm studying graphic design too in September, I'm living in Aspect 3 halls :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by young_h
I'm studying graphic design too in September, I'm living in Aspect 3 halls :smile:

is your induction on the 22nd sept?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending