The Student Room Group

Peaches Geldof baby alone for 17 hours

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Guren
Don't facepalm me, when you couldn't even read something in brackets.

Therapy involves talking to someone, most likely someone who has been there before or who knows what you are feeling. Those people in 3rd world countries have exeprienced similar feelings of pain and depression, usally because they are poor and by getting together and saying " I have this xyz which is why I feel xyz, what about you?" They break down a barrier and open up.
I know how it works, so stop testing me and get on with what ever is you do and lets leave it at that. End of quote.

I could read it it just doesn't make sense

That's not what therapy is. Therapy is about changing thinking patterns and the way thinking can influence. Then there's also psychoanalysis, DBT, family therapy, art therapy as well as numerous others.

Tell me again how talking to some poor dude will help?
Original post by Guren
No, i'm saying seeing the progression of seeing your money helping someone live makes you more happy and by talking to them (talking helps cure depression rather than a pill with side effects). Also just for you, you realise how little your 1st world problems are and put it into perspective.

Wow, that has to be the biggest load of BS I've seen in a long time. And that's saying something.
Reply 42
Original post by Numberwang
Does this change your opinion on Peaches?

Her baby son was found 17 hours after she killed herself around a stash of nearly 80 syringes.

well she killed herself. i dont think her mental stability and decision making ability was at its best.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I could read it it just doesn't make sense

That's not what therapy is. Therapy is about changing thinking patterns and the way thinking can influence. Then there's also psychoanalysis, DBT, family therapy, art therapy as well as numerous others.

Tell me again how talking to some poor dude will help?

Original post by thunder_chunky
Wow, that has to be the biggest load of BS I've seen in a long time. And that's saying something.

Well talking to others in similar situation worked for the depressed people I know who were depressed because they felt like they "had nothing and drowning", of course it doesn't apply to every person, but peaches geldof is said to be depressed over her mother, and turned to heroin even though she had a **** load of money for therapy which is proven to work, which is why I have no sympathy for this media coverage.

It's not "BS" think about it you simpleton, if she spoke to people and saw how others were in the same situation like them ie depressed, eg single mums in sudan who had lost their husbands to war or children who lost mothers due to malaria or worse and bringing up children in a civil war and it changed their perspective, because they see those people suffered, yet they can still hold themselves together without going down the path of drugs.
Original post by Guren
Well talking to others in similar situation worked for the depressed people I know who were depressed because they felt like they "had nothing and drowning", of course it doesn't apply to every person, but peaches geldof is said to be depressed over her mother, and turned to heroin even though she had a **** load of money for therapy which is proven to work, which is why I have no sympathy for this media coverage.

It's not "BS" think about it you simpleton, if she spoke to people and saw how others were in the same situation like them ie depressed, eg single mums in sudan who had lost their husbands to war or children who lost mothers due to malaria or worse and bringing up children in a civil war and it changed their perspective, because they see those people suffered, yet they can still hold themselves together without going down the path of drugs.

That's good for them but it doesn't work for everyone. It actually says she was getting help.

Also you don't put depression "into perspective". It warps your thought process. That's the ****ing point
I always thought she was a worthless and vacuous person. I still do.
Original post by Guren

You're suggesting that if she had donated to charities that funded aid in third world countries, she would have felt better and would not have felt quite so depressed, changing her outlook on life. Everything would have been sunshine and roses. That is BS.
If she needed one good reason for not getting into hard drugs, it would be her husband and children. If she needed two it would be because her mother died from drugs. Those are two very strong reasons so you don't need to resort to silly theories about giving to charities.
Whatever you're smoking kiddo, knock it on the head.
You're suggesting that if she had donated to charities that funded aid in third world countries, she would have felt better and would not have felt quite so depressed, changing her outlook on life. Everything would have been sunshine and roses. That is BS.
If she needed one good reason for not getting into hard drugs, it would be her husband and children. If she needed two it would be because her mother died from drugs. Those are two very strong reasons so you don't need to resort to silly theories about giving to charities.
Whatever you're smoking kiddo, knock it on the head.

I've had enough, i've said nothing like that what so ever, I said she should have spent her heorin money on poor people and that's all, then I mentioned talking to them and how it could be used for therapy because it works for other people etc .

Another misquoting that's purposely warping my words, I had this same conversation with another poster so i'm not going to again, where I clearly put brackets, to think one would have enough brain cells to read what I wrote and interpret it, I didn't think i'd need to explain myself so much. So no you're the kiddo.
Reply 48
Whilst its sad anyone died, I have to say, what does anyone expect. Taking drugs is always dangerous, people know the risks and she paid the price. I'm tired of this bull**** about celebs being depressed or pressured into doing ****. There are plenty of depressed people on TSR who don't engage in that activity. Anyway, I wish her peace wherever she is, but to be brutally honest, her baby will probably be in a better environment with parents who aren't high on drugs.
Original post by Guren
I've had enough, i've said nothing like that what so ever,

Yes you have.

I said she should have spent her heorin money on poor people and that's all, then I mentioned talking to them and how it could be used for therapy because it works for other people etc .

Well.....

"If she spent the damn money she used on heroin instead on going to places like Sudan and other countries and spending that heroin money on families who would have used it for food and shelter or business, she would have seen their progression and she have been much more happy and not depressed at all."

That says differently. In the quote above you suggested that had she donated to third world countries, the progression and help that came from her donation would have pulled her through and would have saved her from depression. Which is frankly ridiculous.

Another misquoting that's purposely warping my words,

:nopity:

I had this same conversation with another poster so i'm not going to again, where I clearly put brackets, to think one would have enough brain cells to read what I wrote and interpret it, I didn't think i'd need to explain myself so much. So no you're the kiddo.

:lol: Oh well you sure told me. You and your brackets. Your brackets do little to cover up the BS.
I can't read and I chose not to read the brackets

I'll leave you with this.
"Whilst its sad anyone died, I have to say, what does anyone expect. Taking drugs is always dangerous, people know the risks and she paid the price. I'm tired of this bull**** about celebs being depressed or pressured into doing ****. There are plenty of depressed people on TSR who don't engage in that activity. Anyway, I wish her peace wherever she is, but to be brutally honest, her baby will probably be in a better environment with parents who aren't high on drugs."
I'm glad Peaches Geldof is dead.
Good riddance.
One less rotten drug addict.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending