The Student Room Group

Help needed please :)

My laptops sound system isn't working. Its been like 4 days, however if i restart my laptop, the sound does work..

Its not muted btw, everything is on full volume.

Anyone know what the problem is? :s-smilie:
I have searched and i still don't know what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dinaa
My laptops sound system isn't working. Its been like 4 days, however if i restart my laptop, the sound does work..

Try going into control panel > Device Manager, and look for (Audio input and outputs), try reinstalling it.. If that doesn't work

Start (Run) > Services.msc > Look for Windows Audio (Double click) > Startup type: Automatic (If this doesn't work either)

Then do a System Restore, to before the sound stopped working. It could be that audiodg.exe is corrupt or something.

If the first two solutions don't work, then feel free to send me a message, I'll have possible solutions which will be less time consuming than system restore.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Binary Freak
Try going into control panel > Device Manager, and look for (Audio input and outputs), try reinstalling it.. If that doesn't work

Start (Run) > Services.msc > Look for Windows Audio (Double click) > Startup type: Automatic (If this doesn't work either)

Then do a System Restore, to before the sound stopped working. It could be that audiodg.exe is corrupt or something.

If the first two solutions don't work, then feel free to send me a message, I'll have possible solutions which will be less time consuming than system restore.

Hey sorry for the late reply :smile:
Urhm, for the 1. i found Audio inputs and outputs but it doesn't have a re-install option.. :s-smilie:

The run option- it was already automatic.

And how do i do a system restore? and yeah what other options :smile:
Original post by Dinaa

Go to the manufacturers website, register the laptop, check download section and download the audio driver and reinstall
Reply 4
Original post by Iqbal007
Go to the manufacturers website, register the laptop, check download section and download the audio driver and reinstall

Will try these thank you :smile:

And asus laptop
Reply 5
Original post by Dinaa
Will try these thank you :smile:

And asus laptop

You tried hitting it?
Reply 6
Original post by Dilsz
You tried hitting it?

Obviously.. i'm asian :rolleyes:
Original post by Dinaa
Obviously.. i'm asian :rolleyes:

or are you? :wink:
Reply 8
Reply 9
Original post by Gorwell

Er m8, when i turn it off and on, the sound works. But then if i turn it off later then turn it back on, it won't work.. So then i gtta turn it off and on again :s-smilie:

Ya get wat i mean boo?
Reply 10
Original post by 29Bilal96
or are you? :wink:

:'( yesh.. :ninja:
Original post by Dinaa
:'( yesh.. :ninja:

lel i joke :p:D
Reply 12
lel i joke :p:D

Original post by Dinaa

do you just have loads of these saved? :tongue:
Reply 14
do you just have loads of these saved? :tongue:

Nope, just search what i need on Google :lol:
Original post by Dinaa
Er m8, when i turn it off and on, the sound works. But then if i turn it off later then turn it back on, it won't work.. So then i gtta turn it off and on again :s-smilie:

Ya get wat i mean boo?

I get u!! listen to what the other TSR guys said bc I'm not laptop expert I'm afraid :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by Gorwell
I get u!! listen to what the other TSR guys said bc I'm not laptop expert I'm afraid :frown:

Ok thanks :smile:

+Thanks for the follow
Is this issue still ongoing?

If so, it's almost as bad as my Chrome crashing when I type in a few characters, though I have yet to explore the underlying issue

Original post by Dinaa
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Dinaa

The laptop isn't recognising the sound system. Could be that the connection is dodgy but try reinstalling the sound system (as mentioned) if that doesn't work Google "laptop doesn't recognise sound system" and take it from there. If it's the connection that's dodgy you'll have to take it to a repair shop

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Binary Freak
Is this issue still ongoing?

If so, it's almost as bad as my Chrome crashing when I type in a few characters, though I have yet to explore the underlying issue

Idk how to reinstall it :frown:

Doesn't give me the option to reinstall..

Quick Reply