The Student Room Group

IS IT JUST ME or are women getting bigger these days?

I'm a 6'1 guy, reasonably built.. living in London. Everyday, without fail, I see:

- At least 5 girls taller than me
- At least 5 girls more muscular than me

What's going on? Do you guys see what I see?? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well, I would guess at confirmation bias skewing your results somewhat.

Over what length of time have you noticed this? They aren't going to get taller overnight y'know.

The number of girls taller than you will be proportional to the number of girls you see, which in itself will probably vary with how long you spend looking at people. I.e. if you've started a job with a longer commute, you will see more people into work each day, and see more tall girls as a result.

The answer is it's probably just you. Because size isn't something that changes very quickly.
Reply 2
thats weird... maybe theyre taking steroids to get laid or something? and as a result it makes them bigger. or maybe its just something wrong with their minds? or maybe they are putting something in the bottles of wine from tesco and sainsburys? i think you need to contact your local MP and find out what is going on, this sounds very suspicious indeed...
Reply 3
You're probably about 17.
Reply 4
effeminate looking guys? :tongue:
I thought the average height of girls was like 5'4........ but now you see 6'3 monsters everywhere!!

Original post by ldsbabe
You're probably about 17.

What! Are you one of them?
Reply 6
I bet they were wearing high heels.
Original post by 8472
I bet they were wearing high heels.

^^.

I haven't noticed anything...yet.
Original post by Arab Beauty
^^.

I haven't noticed anything...yet.
Yeah me neither, wtf is happening!?
We're evolving. Before long the male sex will be obsolete mwhawhaha
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
Yeah me neither, wtf is happening!?

There there...
I think we're getting taller (5'9-10" myself and noticing more and more girls my height or more) but I'm not sure about more muscular than a 'reasonably built' 6'1" guy :/ Idk, maybe you're just seeing a lot of extremely fit girls in heels around? :L
Haha maybee, is 5'7 tall for a girllll??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arab Beauty
There there...

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
We're evolving. Before long the male sex will be obsolete mwhawhaha

So it really is happening! O_O I dare not go to Holland :s-smilie:
Well British women are the most obese in europe
Original post by LaaaaddyyS
Haha maybee, is 5'7 tall for a girllll??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hell no, 5'7 is the new average!!!
I know a lot of guys that overestimate their height. I'm definitely 5ft7 i've been measured lots of times. My boyfriend likes to say he's 5ft11 but by comparison you can easily see he's only about 2 inches taller than me. So maybe you're just not that tall since there isn't really an abundance of 6ft 1 girls.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Crystalz
I know a lot of guys that overestimate their height. I'm definitely 5ft7 i've been measured lots of times. My boyfriend likes to say he's 5ft11 but by comparison you can easily see he's only about 2 inches taller than me. So maybe you're just not that tall since there isn't really an abundance of 6ft 1 girls.

I am objectively 185cm tall. Do you see it too? The tall girl phenomenon??

Look at that girl from game of thrones, what's her name...
"reasonably built" is subjective
as a 6ft1 girl living in london i have to say:
where are you finding these tall people!?

as it is i barely see guys around the same height as me, let alone girls.
i have to think that you're exaggerating a bit OP, because the majority of girls are no more than 5'7 max.

and outside of london women are even shorter on average.

Quick Reply

Latest