The Student Room Group

Question about GCSE certificates

How do GCSE certificates work? Do you get 1 certificate per exam board with all your results for every subject on 1 piece of paper or do you have a separate certificate for each GCSE you have passed?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Killamanshank
How do GCSE certificates work? Do you get 1 certificate per exam board with all your results for every subject on 1 piece of paper or do you have a separate certificate for each GCSE you have passed?

Thanks!

I think you get one per exam board. You definitely don't get one per subject.
One per exam board per session the qualification was completed.

So I got 3 edexcel certificates because I finished statistics in June 2011, maths in November 2011 and all my other edexcel subjects in the summer of 2012

Hope that makes sense
Reply 3
You get one per exam board, per exam season. So for example if you sit an AQA exam in November 2013 and an AQA exam in June 2014 you will get one certificate for Nov and one for Jun.
Just overall
Reply 5

Thanks!

It's a mixture to be honest, AQA in particular sent me one certificate with around 6 grades on it and one with only one grade on it. Each exam board will send their own certificates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Is there any way I can know what I got on which paper ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Is there any way I can know what I got on which paper ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Statement of results should contain this. This is the piece of paper you actually receive on results day. It should display the units you sat, ums for each unit (unless it's linear maths) and the grade for each unit and an overall grade.
(edited 9 years ago)
GUYS!
HEY!
Do we a mark for each exam and unit or an overall grade per subject? Thanks :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Statement of results should contain this. This is the piece of paper you actually receive on results day. It should display the units you sat, ums for each unit (unless it's linear maths) and the grade for each unit and an overall grade.

Erm all my exams were linear and so I just had different papers (not, units, just different papers assessing on different skills)...
And im gettin results online on CIE website :l

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Erm all my exams were linear and so I just had different papers (not, units, just different papers assessing on different skills)...
And im gettin results online on CIE website :l

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right didn't know. Unlikely then, but with edexcel plus, I know you can check the individual question marks so maybe it's the same with CIE.. Not 100% sure
Reply 11
Oh right didn't know. Unlikely then, but with edexcel plus, I know you can check the individual question marks so maybe it's the same with CIE.. Not 100% sure

Oh well I will check with exam board if I can't on the results day. (I know they're busy but who gives a shet :biggrin:) Luckily (?) my results day is 14th like A levels :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
-just bumping in here-

I completed AQA Maths in June 2013 and Edexcel IGCSE English Literature in January 2014, and then the other exams in June 2014 (with more AQA and Edexcel subjects).

Do this mean that I'll get two certificates for AQA - one with just the maths in June 2013 and the other with subjects done in June 2014? Similarly for Edexcel - one with the english literature in January 2014 and the other with subjects done in June 2014?
Original post by Sulfur
-just bumping in here-

I completed AQA Maths in June 2013 and Edexcel IGCSE English Literature in January 2014, and then the other exams in June 2014 (with more AQA and Edexcel subjects).

Do this mean that I'll get two certificates for AQA - one with just the maths in June 2013 and the other with subjects done in June 2014? Similarly for Edexcel - one with the english literature in January 2014 and the other with subjects done in June 2014?

Yes
Reply 14
Yes

Thank you very much! :smile:

I didn't know that :tongue:
Original post by Sulfur
Thank you very much! :smile:

I didn't know that :tongue:

No problem :smile:
Original post by goldtippedarrows
GUYS!
HEY!
Do we a mark for each exam and unit or an overall grade per subject? Thanks :smile:

Apparently its only the overall grade for each subject on the certificate... The statement of results is the only paper that would contain units! #helloFluffy XD

Thanks!

One per board. However, if you did BTEC's AND GCSEs or something else, you'll get one on one and one on the other, per board. If that makes sense?
Original post by goldtippedarrows
GUYS!
HEY!

You get a UMS, Paper grade and then the overall one.
If you do some exams as early entry and get certificates in year 10, will you get another certificate with both the early entry and new subjects in year 11?

Quick Reply

Latest