The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Psychology at Warwick?

Hi! Can anyone who's doing psych at warwick comment on how the course is? I'm thinking of applying for adjustment to warwick, but I've gotten really mixed reviews of the course.

Any comments would be helpful :smile:
Reply 1
bump
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
A couple of my friends did it and whilst they did enjoy it, they seemed to have a fair amount to do. Particularly in the first year, the course does encompass a lot of aspects e.g. one of the big modules involved a lot of study of the physical brain, anatomy and such. Statistics also played a part, as well as experiment design and other "practical" applications of psychology and its use.

That said, they did say they find it interesting even if aspects of it could be hard. (Pretty much like any course really)
I've just graduated :biggrin:
Feedback has improved lately and the staff in the department are great. The stats aren't too hard and you can get help if you're stuck on anything.
Do you have any specific questions? :yeah:
Original post by Boomshanka
I've just graduated :biggrin:
Feedback has improved lately and the staff in the department are great. The stats aren't too hard and you can get help if you're stuck on anything.
Do you have any specific questions? :yeah:

Hi!!

What were the modules like and who do you think were the best/most effective professors? And how much contact time did you have/what was your schedule like?

Thank you!!
Original post by queentamora
Hi!!

What were the modules like and who do you think were the best/most effective professors? And how much contact time did you have/what was your schedule like?

Thank you!!

I think that the modules are changing a bit this year - first years are getting study skills lectures which sounds like it should be useful.
In first year you have 4 modules, 3 compulsory and 1 you can choose. It's very varied, you get a little of everything throughout the course. In second year all modules are compulsory, which a lot of people didn't like, but for BPS accreditation you need to have covered certain things. I didn't like the philosophy lectures in first year, or the language in second, but everyone has different preferences and in third year you choose all of your options (except for the compulsory project).
There's plenty of biology in the first and second year, although not much to choose from in the third year options. I think you can see on the webpage the modules for each year, although the third year ones change each year.
There was only about 10 hours max a week contact time, so plenty of time for a job and extra-curriculars.
sorry if that was muddled, hope your questions have been answered :colondollar:
Reply 6
Yes me! So excited !
The course is very fun and well balanced.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest