The Student Room Group

what does a girl have to do to get a guys attention on Facebook?

Guys, what would make you interact with her? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Well as a girl, I've found that their attention is got by messaging them.
Seriously though, there is no 'secret way' to make them notice you.
Put up a nice photo as your profile picture and message them; but if they don't respond, then don't push it. Leave it for another day. If they still don't respond, try to move on because they aren't really worth your time.
Reply 2
Original post by saibhandari
Put up a nice photo as your profile picture and message them; but if they don't respond, then don't push it. Leave it for another day. If they still don't respond, try to move on because they aren't really worth your time.

what if you've exhausted the messaging method? and have their number too, but want them to make the first move for once..
Go through his timeline and like a status from 2011.
Original post by Anonymous
what if you've exhausted the messaging method? and have their number too, but want them to make the first move for once..

Give them a text and invite them for a night out worked for me :wink:
Reply 5

It's a seller's market, and it sounds like you're the buyer. Take a hint.
Honestly, really, really not an awful lot. Unless this person actively doesn't like you(?) If you're talking about trying to initiate talking to a guy who you fancy. Trust me when I say talk to him in real life before online.

I met a friend of a friend on a night out, both drunk, slept with her. She was in 1st year I was in 3rd year (of uni), so I didn't see her again apart from when my housemate would say "fancy meeting up with *friend* for tonight?" (it was his friend's, friend if you see what I mean). Me and her talked loads and loads on facebook and by text, then I started to see her more regularly in person. Turns out she was actually really shy and socially awkward talking to me face to face and she actually didn't like how I'm quite a talkative, loud, outgoing person. We didn't get on in person.

Online conversations are so easy because you have time to think about and measure your response without the pressure of having to reply immediately. Face to face conversations suck if you're not a very talkative person or not very confident. Because of this people may get on really well online and clash in real life.

Basically if you're looking to get a guy to notice you, talking to him on facebook is the worst way.
Reply 7
Original post by saibhandari

^^^ So thread should end here

ohh

wait...

there's more apparently :dry:
Reply 8
Original post by IdeasForLife
Go through his timeline and like a status from 2011.

:laugh: I have never done anything initial to speak to a guy but there's this one man an R&B singer on Instagram and I am so obsessed that I considered doing this :teehee: But then you never do it, like what would the explanation be :nah: "Ohh uhhh didn't notice the dates?" XD
Original post by ApeMob
:laugh: I have never done anything initial to speak to a guy but there's this one man an R&B singer on Instagram and I am so obsessed that I considered doing this :teehee: But then you never do it, like what would the explanation be :nah: "Ohh uhhh didn't notice the dates?" XD

Will get his attention tho :wink:
Reply 10
Will get his attention tho :wink:

True :eek:

hmmmm...:colone:

Am just gonna think of an excuse haha ...help me think
Reply 11
He's not just ANY guy either. He's dreamy and has long girly hair and a body like the Rock and sings like a bird :mmm:
Original post by ApeMob
True :eek:

hmmmm...:colone:

Am just gonna think of an excuse haha ...help me think

"Oh sorry accidentally clicked on it..." Noones gna buy an excuse for this. Although it'll allow you to start a convo!
Reply 13
"Oh sorry accidentally clicked on it..." Noones gna buy an excuse for this. Although it'll allow you to start a convo!

Right lol well...I think I've got one :rofl::

"The way my account is set up..."

:crossedf: lmao
Is the poke button still there? If so, use that.
Original post by ApeMob
Right lol well...I think I've got one :rofl::

"The way my account is set up..."

:crossedf: lmao

LOOOOL :rofl:

tell me how it goes

Sadly there is nothing you can do about that. My recommendation is that you talk to them in real life; this makes it easier to become closer in a shorter span of time. If it works and you end up being close friends, but he still doesn't message you first, perhaps bring it up in a jokey way and let him know that you would like it if he messages first.

Also, try not to be seen as 'one of the guys'. From experience I know that it can be so easy to fall into that category, but much harder to get out. Retain an air of mystery around you and don't just agree with everything he says.
Reply 17
LOOOOL :rofl:

tell me how it goes

I blame you for encouraging me if he thinks I'm crazy:unimpressed: lol
lol, have a 3/10+ face and a decent pair of tits that she doesn't mind showing off.

It's not hard to get mens attention unless you are a whale.
Original post by ApeMob
I blame you for encouraging me if he thinks I'm crazy:unimpressed: lol

Hey least you'll get to talk :rofl:

One step at a time :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending