The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Colleges and Grades

Hey, I'm thinking of applying to York to study Maths and Finance for 2015 and I'm confused about the colleges; do you get to choose which college you're in or is it chosen for you? Also, can someone be given an offer if predicted the equivalent of 3 A's (typical offer) such as A*AB etc?? thanks! :smile: x
PS: can someone tell me about Goodricke College - it looks really great on the uni website:smile:
Hi. Unlike Oxbridge and Durham, you don't make a formal application to a college through UCAS. It's just dependent on what accommodation you end up getting when it comes to applying for that. But if, for example, I decided to live off campus in private accommodation, I could still become a part of any college as opposed to being part of a college because I live there.

As for grades, I think you'd be fine with those. If not, you'd probably be given an alternative offer but I think that's unlikely. Are there any subject specific grades you need? Like an A in Maths or something? If you meet specific requirements like that, you definitely don't need to worry.

Heslington East is generally really nice although a little quiet but I reckon that'll change by 2015. I'm living in Goodricke College come September and the accommodation looks great.

Good luck with your application!
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by grape monster
Hi. Unlike Oxbridge and Durham, you don't make a formal application to a college through UCAS. It's just dependent on what accommodation you end up getting when it comes to applying for that. But if, for example, I decided to live off campus in private accommodation, I could still become a part of any college as opposed to being part of a college because I live there.

As for grades, I think you'd be fine with those. If not, you'd probably be given an alternative offer but I think that's unlikely. Are there any subject specific grades you need? Like an A in Maths or something? If you meet specific requirements like that, you definitely don't need to worry.

Heslington East is generally really nice although a little quiet but I reckon that'll change by 2015. I'm living in Goodricke College come September and the accommodation looks great.

Good luck with your application!

Hey, I'm aiming for an A in maths as it is an essential requirement and thank you so much, good luck in September!!:biggrin: x

Quick Reply

Latest