The Student Room Group

Speed awareness course booked. caught again

Hi

Was recently caught speeding and offered a speed awareness course instead of taking the points. I have booked the course but in the mean time been caught again! Does anyone know if this affects the course O have already booked? Or will this still stand? Getting a little worried

Many thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jimothy81
Hi

Was recently caught speeding and offered a speed awareness course instead of taking the points. I have booked the course but in the mean time been caught again! Does anyone know if this affects the course O have already booked? Or will this still stand? Getting a little worried

Many thanks

I honestly hope you lose your license. *fingers crossed*

Posted from TSR Mobile
It won't effect your first one, but you will not be offered the course again, so expect 3 points and a fine.
Original post by jimothy81
Hi

Many thanks

I assume you are not married so you cannot claim your wife was driving!

Stop driving for a while if you cannot keep to the speed limit. It's not that difficult.
Why do you keep getting caught? I've got nothing against speeding but it is illegal, at least be vigilant when committing crimes.

I'm no anti-speeding fanatic, I'm all for speeding. If you're gunna do it, do it sensibly. You'll have to accept the points and the fine. 'Someone I know' habitually speeds, on all types of roads and hasn't been caught in over 3.5 years of driving. Be vigilant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by live_a_life
Why do you keep getting caught? I've got nothing against speeding but it is illegal, at least be vigilant when committing crimes.

I'm no anti-speeding fanatic, I'm all for speeding. If you're gunna do it, do it sensibly. You'll have to accept the points and the fine. 'Someone I know' habitually speeds, on all types of roads and hasn't been caught in over 3.5 years of driving. Be vigilant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's illegal because it's dangerous to yourself, other road users and pedestrians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or instead of spending your time scanning the horizon for a Talivan or a policeman with a radar gun behind a hedge 2 miles down the road, you could just not speed and focus on your immediate surroundings.
Original post by barnetlad

Stop driving for a while if you cannot keep to the speed limit. It's not that difficult.

Not that you would have encouraged the OP to pervert the course of justice... :unimpressed:
Original post by gdunne42
It's illegal because it's dangerous to yourself, other road users and pedestrians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, thank you for telling me this information...

Don't really remember suggesting it wasn't dangerous but I appreciate the effort to spread legalities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Thanks fluttershy. That's all I needed.
Original post by Mad Vlad
Or instead of spending your time scanning the horizon for a Talivan or a policeman with a radar gun behind a hedge 2 miles down the road, you could just not speed and focus on your immediate surroundings.

That's very true, he could do that. However, your advice seems less suited to his driving style. Otherwise, that's what I would have suggested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Mad Vlad

Surely you are advocating looking as far ahead on the road as possible though as the best driving practice? To only look in your immediate surroundings would imply that you are looking only maybe a few cars ahead and have zero anticipation for any changes. Which is incredibly bad driving, but alas what most people do.

As for the OP, you will do the SA Course and get 3 points on your licence. No biggy. Don't forget to tell your insurance company, they won't care anyway.
That's very true, he could do that. However, your advice seems less suited to his driving style. Otherwise, that's what I would have suggested.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"His" driving style is not suited to focusing on "his" immediate surroundings?

In my experience people who brag about speeding, but not being caught, are x number of miles from doing damage. The only variable is x. You might wish to ask your "friend" to consider this.
Original post by gbduo
Surely you are advocating looking as far ahead on the road as possible though as the best driving practice? To only look in your immediate surroundings would imply that you are looking only maybe a few cars ahead and have zero anticipation for any changes. Which is incredibly bad driving, but alas what most people do.

As for the OP, you will do the SA Course and get 3 points on your licence. No biggy. Don't forget to tell your insurance company, they won't care anyway.

And spending your time looking for police and speed cameras whilst driving at high speed is an example of good driving?

I hope you don't live round here.
Original post by barnetlad

Hopefully a joke.

If not
:facepalm2:
Reply 15
Original post by just a dad
And spending your time looking for police and speed cameras whilst driving at high speed is an example of good driving?

I hope you don't live round here.

I don't remember saying that?
Reply 16
Please do us all a favour and give your licence back to DVLA.
Reply 17
Well this person is asking for advice and most people hear are just giving him/her a hard time! Some people are so inconsiderate well if you drive a lot you will one day find your self in the same boat. I drive a lot and I am always careful but after 10 years of driving I did get a speeding ticket and I believe the speed camera was put there to catch drivers speeding as not enough speed sights were put on that street! So when I was driving I did not see the speed limit and in that situation I just made an assumption! I looked at the road and the situation and assumed it was 40 mph. If I had time and money for a lawyer I would have appeal to my speed ticket but instead I have to accept it!
Reply 18
Original post by Dori1985
Well this person is asking for advice and most people hear are just giving him/her a hard time! Some people are so inconsiderate well if you drive a lot you will one day find your self in the same boat. I drive a lot and I am always careful but after 10 years of driving I did get a speeding ticket and I believe the speed camera was put there to catch drivers speeding as not enough speed sights were put on that street! So when I was driving I did not see the speed limit and in that situation I just made an assumption! I looked at the road and the situation and assumed it was 40 mph. If I had time and money for a lawyer I would have appeal to my speed ticket but instead I have to accept it!

look at your surroundings. Would you do a 60mph in a busy town, even if it has no speed signs any where? I think not. So many people have been killed because of drivers who speed, and the OP did not speed once but TWICE. H/she should of been more cautious and careful.
Lol at most you acting high and mighty in this thread, when you all know you're regular habitual speeders! You hypocrites.

Latest

Trending

Trending