The Student Room Group

Reapplying to University of Cambridge.

I applied to university of cambridge in 2014 cycle from India. I couldn't travel to Cambridge to take the interview, hence, my application was discarded. I am applying to cambridge this year again. In my COPA, should I indicate that I applied to Cambridge in the last cycle. Will it disadvantage my application in any way?

Thank you.
Original post by programmer<3
I applied to university of cambridge in 2014 cycle from India. I couldn't travel to Cambridge to take the interview, hence, my application was discarded. I am applying to cambridge this year again. In my COPA, should I indicate that I applied to Cambridge in the last cycle. Will it disadvantage my application in any way?

Thank you.

No need to mention it. It won't matter.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
No need to mention it. It won't matter.

Are you sure there wont be any problems if I dont mention it?

You may as well mention it. But I'm doubtful it will make a difference.

Yes. A ps is a statement about the course, your interest in it and the future, not the past. They will be able to see your previous Ucas application if they so wish, but they won't have the time or the inclination to do this. People pull out of applications for all kinds of reasons. Universities understand that and it's not a crime.
Yes. A ps is a statement about the course, your interest in it and the future, not the past. They will be able to see your previous Ucas application if they so wish, but they won't have the time or the inclination to do this. People pull out of applications for all kinds of reasons. Universities understand that and it's not a crime.

In COPA, there is a specific question which says, "Please indicate whether you have applied to cambridge university before. If yes, please indicate the year." So mentioning "no" in that wont be a problem, right?
In COPA, there is a specific question which says, "Please indicate whether you have applied to cambridge university before. If yes, please indicate the year." So mentioning "no" in that wont be a problem, right?

I see. Sorry, I was thinking you meant in your ps. No, you must answer this question truthfully. However, it will make no difference. You pulled out before they even interviewed you, so they have no record of your performance in it. You are still pretty much a blank slate to them.

We know if you have applied before but no data is kept from your past application aisde from the fact that you applied. You don't need to mention it in your PS but do not lie on the form. If you say that you haven't applied before and you have then your application will be rejected.
I see. Sorry, I was thinking you meant in your ps. No, you must answer this question truthfully. However, it will make no difference. You pulled out before they even interviewed you, so they have no record of your performance in it. You are still pretty much a blank slate to them.

Thank you so much. As it is, I appled to Robinson college last year, and this year, I am applying to King's College. I hope it wont matter.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest