The Student Room Group

Where to find this textbook?!

Hi,
I'm due to start year 12 after the summer and I wanted to familiarise myself with the content before starting. However, I can't find any textbooks on 'British History Depth Study Crown, Parliament AndAuthority In England 1588-1629.' (unit 2 AS)
Does someone have a link to a text book or something?

thanks

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by Nikhilm
Hi,
I'm due to start year 12 after the summer and I wanted to familiarise myself with the content before starting. However, I can't find any textbooks on 'British History Depth Study Crown, Parliament AndAuthority In England 1588-1629.' (unit 2 AS)
Does someone have a link to a text book or something?

thanks

Hi, I've done some searching and it seems there isn't a textbook set by edexcel for this particular specification, so what you'd have to do in this case is perhaps get 2/3 textbooks which cover the period and syllabus. It looks like the bulk of your course will be on the Tudors/Early Stuarts.From personal experience, the access to history textbooks are good, they go over things in detail (although I haven't studied this period) and also have good coverage of historiography.

So I'd probably start with this , and then I would personally buy a used copy of this to get the later sections covered.

Both of these should be good for an overview so you can understand the basic chronology/themes, and will probably be supplemented by more reading one you start the course :smile:
eeesshhh man like Nikhil getting ready already
Original post by smile:D
Hi, I've done some searching and it seems there isn't a textbook set by edexcel for this particular specification, so what you'd have to do in this case is perhaps get 2/3 textbooks which cover the period and syllabus. It looks like the bulk of your course will be on the Tudors/Early Stuarts.From personal experience, the access to history textbooks are good, they go over things in detail (although I haven't studied this period) and also have good coverage of historiography.

So I'd probably start with this , and then I would personally buy a used copy of this to get the later sections covered.

Both of these should be good for an overview so you can understand the basic chronology/themes, and will probably be supplemented by more reading one you start the course :smile:

Thank you so much!!
Reply 5
Original post by Nikhilm
Thank you so much!!

No problems, good luck with your a levels! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending