The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes my boyfriends 5'7, im 5'4 :smile: doesn't bother me at all :tongue:
I'm 5'3. Would still be able to wear four inch heels without being a giant, so perfect!
Original post by Sharpshooter
Well online dating shows guys who are taller receive statistically more replies than shorter males, significantly so in some cases. There was a bit of a drop of after 5'10, 5'7/5'8 guys received statistically fewer responses than 5'10, but there was an even much bigger drop off for guys under 5'5.

Amongst white males in the US aged 20-39, my 5'7.5-5'8 height puts me at the 15th percentile. Somebody at 5'7 flat is at the 10th percentile.

That's because online dating revolves around shallowness entirely. In real life, these factors play second fiddle to things like personality and personal attributes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone's so obsessed with height on here
(edited 9 years ago)
I would, but then again I'm 5 ft 3 so most guys are taller than me anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
manlets. When will they learn?
Original post by JackB784
Manlets, when will they learn

lel wizard.
I likely wouldn't, but only because I'm 6ft1.
Note that I say likely; if I really likes a 5ft8 guy I wouldn't really care about height.
Both. Let it all out. :tongue:
Bitchy answer would be that they know time is passing and they're lowering their standards to deal with it.
Cynical answer would be that rather than being a lowly Biology student scraping by on next to nothing in a city wholly unsuitable for surviving on a students budget, I am now well paid in a secure job.
Fair would be that I have become more confident, more secure and look after myself better now than I used to.
My boyfriend is 5'8 so, I guess it counts that I would date someone of that height.
Following from the Girls, would you date a 5'3'' guy? thread, I thought I would start a thread for a somewhat more common height for guys. Not very short like 5'3, but standard short 5'7/5'8, which I think is on the periphery of short to "less than average" depending on how you define it.

I know we've had a million height threads from insecure guys, so I suppose there's nothing wrong with starting the millionth and one thread on it. :tongue:

My exact measurement is around 5'7.5 or slightly over (I'm marginally closer to 5'8 I think). So I'm at a height which I know is relatively short, and could be at a disadvantage, but I'm not totally sure how much it is? Obviously for every inch you go under 5'10, its certainly going to be more difficult to be attractive.

Seeing the results for the 5'3 thread where two-thirds were against it, I'm just curious to see how this would fare.

Hi :smile: I think it depends on the girl's height as well...
Reply 50
Can confirm 5'7" is a safe height.
I wouldn't go out with anyone under 5'11. They hardly even look and feel like men, I want a really strong and hard man to hold me not some little kid.
I hate high heels. They're sexy and all that but I'm just about 6ft and the number of girls on nights out who are about the same height as me and sometimes taller, is riddiculous. Friggin heels.
Original post by SaucySarah
I wouldn't go out with anyone under 5'11. They hardly even look and feel like men, I want a really strong and hard man to hold me not some little kid.

Spoiler

Original post by SaucySarah

How tall are you?
What you need to get an average girl nowadays:

Be at least 7'0'' tall
Have a 12 inch penis
Own 2 planets
Be ripped like Ronnie Coleman

Girls' standards are getting ridiculous.
Reply 56
Yep, I'm 5'6 and would much rather date someone in the 5'6-5'11 height range than 6'+, although I feel in the minority with that view
My parents are the same height too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
So stupid. There will obviously be yes' and no's .. wat is the point.
I'm 5"6 and the height of a guy is irrelevant to me when dating. If I'm attracted to him in general then height really doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't bother him. I'm not going to stop wearing heels for a guy but as long as he's ok with it, then I am!

Latest

Trending

Trending