The Student Room Group

How much did you weigh when you were born?

I was a little over 10lbs. How much were you?

Did how big you were as a baby correlate to how big you are as an adult? My mum said the doctors told her I'd be over 6ft, but I'm only 5'8.5 now:frown: although I weigh around 12stones 10lbs.

Scroll to see replies

I have no idea, it would have been inappropriate the weight me on the kitchen scales. On an estimate I was apparently about 7lbs.

But now I'm 6' 4'' and weight about 11 stone. I don't think there is any correlation in terms of later growth.
Reply 2
Well must have been a ****ing lot because it still hasnt gone! :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was about 9 lbs. I'm currently 5'4" and weighing 9 stone 13lbs. I'm normal BMI.

My husband was about 8lbs. He's currently 5'10" and weighing 22 stone 6lbs. He's morbidly obese.

My daughter was 10lbs 10oz and right now at the age of 8 years 10 months she's 4 '4" and weighing 6 stone. She's overweight by about 6lbs. She's on a diet! Unfortunately she's very sedentary.

My eldest son was 10lbs 1oz and right now at the age of almost 7 years (he'll be 7 in a fortnight) he's 4'1" and weighing 4 stone 3lbs. He's near the top end of normal weight. He eats a lot but he's very active.

My next son was just over 11lbs and right now at the age of 4 years 10 months he's 3'7" and weighing 2 stone 13lbs. He's near the bottom end of normal weight. He eats like a sparrow.

My next son was 10lbs 8oz but I don't know what he currently weighs. He's 12 months old. I think he's normal though, he has been following the 75th percentile curve on the chart for a while now which is totally normal.

I really really don't think there's much of a correlation at all, as DiddyDec says, between birth weight and weight in later years.
I was 5 weeks premature, I weighed 4lb something, I was tiny! I'm 5'2" now, BMI of 19.3 :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is sooo illuminati!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
8lbs 2oz, I do believe.
can't remember but I was the heaviest baby in the hospital lol.
I am now 5 foot 11 and I weighed 9lbs 2oz when I was born. I was kind of a fat baby.
Reply 9
5 pounds 3 ounces. I was 3 weeks early and really small when I was born. My mum always says baby doll clothes fitted me better than human baby clothes lol. I've grew up to 5 foot 3, so I'm still small-ish :frown: lol and weigh about 9 and a half stone.
Original post by DiddyDec
I have no idea, it would have been inappropriate the weight me on the kitchen scales. On an estimate I was apparently about 7lbs.

But now I'm 6' 4'' and weight about 11 stone. I don't think there is any correlation in terms of later growth.

you must be very skinny.

I was 10lbs 3oz. I had be born via caeserian section because I was apparently too wide to fit through mother's vagina. I'm 6'1" & 14 stone now.
I weighed just over 7lbs,but now I'm nearly 17 and I am 5 ft 10" and weigh 8 st 13

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

I really really don't think there's much of a correlation at all, as DiddyDec says, between birth weight and weight in later years.

I think there is a correlation in height though.
I was 9lbs. I don't know my exact height now but I'd not be too wrong if I were to guess my height at 6'1 give or take an inch.

I was a few weeks overdue though
Between 6lbs and 7lbs, can't remember the Ozs.

I am now 48kg :yy:
6 pounds and 5 ounces.

But I was six weeks premature,so I would probably have been huge if I'd gone full-term!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
i took up a 15ml test tube
Reply 17
4 pounds 11 ounces :cool: I wasn't premature or anything, just small.

I'm like 5'1 now
(edited 9 years ago)
5 pounds, 4 ounces :smile:
I'm now 5ft 2 1/2 (the half is very important!) and weigh about 8st 9lbs
Hell of a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest