The Student Room Group

Guys - how much younger than you would you date?

Scroll to see replies

I'm 19 and I'd probably not go anywhere under 17 due to a general gap in maturity.

Maybe it's just me though, I know a lot of people my age who would happily date 16 year olds (Maybe because of the age of consent factor, I wouldn't know lol)
Reply 21
22 here, would probably not date anyone below 20. In particular I'd avoid dating the sort of girl who thinks she's too mature for guys her age, as that usually means she's quite immature herself.
As far as I am aware, a good rule of thumb is half your age + 7 for the minimum age.

E.g. If you're 26, you can date as low as 20 comfortably.
I'm 19 so 18 is the limit to be honest. I could probably deal with a 17/nearly 18 though.
Original post by lauramercier
I'm turning 19 this weekend and will be into my second year of university in September. However, I'd say (and have been told by people, even guys) that I act and seem older than I am.

I'm mainly attracted to guys who are 20-24 with the exception of a couple who are my age but act older (wow, don't I sound boring!). But I'm worried me 'only' being 19, with the teen bit still attached to me would put some guys off.

Guys, how much younger would you date, even if she acted older? Or is age not an issue?

No it would be more of a turn on of anything. That said the larger the age gap the more the generation gap becomes apparent but that's not necessarily a big an issue as it used to be, i.e age when you learn to drive, music you're into, technology change, stuff happening at the time. Wouldn't worry about it either someone's into you or their not.
22, and atm youngest I would go for is my age.
I turned 23 at the start of this month and coincidentally an 18 year old took a liking too me at the pub last night (God knows why!) I'd never given it a great deal of thought to be honest so I was asking my close friends this morning whether it would be acceptable and everyone gave a unanimous 'yes'!
23, I'd theoretically date a eighteen year old, but in reality more like twenty, lots of teenagers feel they are mature for their ages, but from my perspective they still seem kinda young. On the other hand, I look young, people would definitely believe I was 18/19, so it wouldn't be awkward or anything to date someone that age.

I remember pulling a sixteen year old at a house party when I was nineteen. It didn't seem too bad, until I saw her friends giggling about it. And realised that while I was a second year at uni, she was probably sitting her GCSEs. Sixteen doesn't sound that young, until you actually meet sixteen year olds.
19, 17 so sixth form
I'm mid 20s - as long as they're legal depends on the individual. Below 18 is probably normally too young for an actual relationship though.
Reply 30
I did 23/17 and I will never ever go sub 20 again. Too different.
I'm 20 and I wouldn't date anyone below 17.
any holes a goal.
I'm 17 and I would go for 16 possibly 15 but has to depend on the person
Original post by lauramercier
Not wanting to date someone under 18 is totally understandable, it's all a bit inconvenient. Just hoping some older guys aren't so put off by potentially dating someone in their teens

They won't be put off, In my experience if you look and act 20+ then for most men age is only a number, as long as your 18+ of course.
I'm nearly 21, starting 3rd year at uni in September and wouldn't go below 19 or go above 23 at the moment. My boyfriend's pretty much exactly a year younger than me :smile:
18-30 with either gender.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you kidding guys love girls younger than them.
If your age ain't on the clock, then you're good enough for me
If there's grass on the wicket, then let's play cricket.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending