The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mubariz
They withdrew because of all the international pressure. What I meant was, if allowed to continue, they would have, because they were doing so before almost the entire international community hated them

Posted from TSR Mobile

"If allowed" many nations would like to be bigger.

But the fact is they aren't and have shrunk in size since the 6-day war.
Israel does more to safeguard civilians than any other army

Colonel Richard Justin Kemp CBE (born 14 April 1959) is a retired British Army officer who served from 1977 to 2006. He was Commander of British Forces in Afghanistan,[1] an infantry battalion Commanding Officer, worked for the Joint Intelligence Committee and COBR and completed 14 operational tours of duty around the globe.
Original post by Pinzgauer
"If allowed" many nations would like to be bigger.

But the fact is they aren't and have shrunk in size since the 6-day war.

Many nations aren't allowed though. Israel was and it did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
“We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation and the cutting of all social services to rid Galilee of its Arab population.” Israel's first Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion, from “Ben-Gurion A Biography” by Michael Ben Zohar, May 1948.

“In this New World Order the children of Israel will furnish all the leaders without encountering opposition. The Governments of the different peoples forming the world republic will fall without difficulty into the hands of the Jews. It will then be possible for the Jewish rulers to abolish private property and everywhere to make use of the resources of the state. Thus will the promise of the Talmud be fulfilled, in which is said that when the Messianic time is come, the Jews will have all the property of the whole world in their hands.”
Baruch Levy, Letter to Karl Marx, ‘La Revue de Paris’, p.574, June 1, 1928

The Zionists want it ALL but can ONLY succeed through murder, deception and the BLIND SUPPORT of uninformed citizens!!! Israel was created in 1948 over a land that wasn't theirs from a Promise by the British who Colonised it and took it from the Arabs who lived their. It's really that simple.
Original post by Sic semper erat
The FBI was involved in this investigation, as one of the murdered boys was a citizen of the U.S.
John Kerry confirmed that Hamas was involved in the kidnapping.

For an individual quite quick to jump at denouncing people for lack of evidence, you seem to not have bothered with reliable sources or evidence yourself.
Or is it one rule for the others and another rule for yourself????
IDF finds mine-rigged building next to school

The FBI is less reliable than some left wing fascist posting on twitter?

Where is this report then, where is the source buddy?
Please direct us to the report and comments of Kerry that unequivocally with evidence that shows the culpability of Hamas in the kidnappings and murder, we want to know when the report was carried out and who led the international unbiased investigation into the events and where they published their findings.
Or gtfo.
X

Ps out of your 41 post total on these forums only one of them is not related to pro israeli agendas, the remaining 40 posts ie 97.6% of your posts are pro israeli agenda.
So my question is have you earned your scholarship yet?, and how many more hours do you need to spend in offices like the one in the vid below to earn the scholarship?
Original post by Roger1
I'm gonna get banned by the pro Israel mods for venting my feelings about Israel on here so I rather not say anything.

Just to butt in here, there's nothing wrong with venting about nation states - so long as you do it without causing offence. That seems like a weird sentence, but so long as you dont say blame all Jews, or blame all Muslims, or blame all Arabs etc.. you can criticise nation states as you like

Me, myself, I support the civilians ie: Not nation states. I'm pro peace more than any thing else

The mod team has over 60 people who will have various (or no) opinions on the matter

Also, some people really want to watch the world burn...
I've been thinking a lot about this conflict and I think we're missing the key issue here. Yes they 'key issue' is subjective, I know. But there are people arguing over land and people arguing over religion when surely we should be more concerned about the raging conflict, the human rights abuse, the breaking of international law and the overall suffering.

I made short video and wrote a blog on my thoughts and how we should approach the discourse of the conflict and the conflict itself, in more detail than this post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_N88y3_CHs
http://israel-palestinediscourse.blogspot.co.uk/

To simplify this, in order to promote an end to the conflict we should narrow down our aims rather than keep them broad (many are focusing on reclaiming land for Palestine and others claiming land from Palestine to Israel, no time for a discussion on a petty land dispute when civilians are being bombed). Religion should be kept out of this, it is about a breach in international law and how we can best stop the criminals.

We need to stop pointing fingers and saying 'they started it' or 'they have done more damage' too many people are using this conflict to further advance their political motives. They want to paint either of the two sides as 'the bad guy' so they can earn political gains.
E.g Israel annexing Gaza due to Hamas terrorism or Hamas trying to reclaim land from Israel due to Israeli settlements.

What has annoyed me most is how people on FaceBook, Twitter and at protests are actively defending Hamas. Yes, Israel have done more damage, but that does not make Hamas innocent, that does not wipe away the crimes. Both Hamas and the Zionist government of Israel are reprehensible 'criminal gangs'. I'd say the same for many other countries too (USA, UK etc.) but this is about Israel-Palestine.

I'm essentially advocating that we protest for enforcement of international law and the UDHR, by imposing a arms embargo on Israel and Hamas, and by imposing sanctions and putting pressure on the USA to stopping giving aid to Israel. Hamas have been targeting civilians, they have killed less, but they have still destroyed homes and broke many articles in the UDHR.

These are my thoughts, I just hope we can put the land dispute and religious arguments aside until the conflict is over. I have thoughts on these issues, but they are hardly pressing at the moment.
No but they've killed others.
Original post by de_monies
Just to butt in here, there's nothing wrong with venting about nation states - so long as you do it without causing offence. That seems like a weird sentence, but so long as you dont say blame all Jews, or blame all Muslims, or blame all Arabs etc.. you can criticise nation states as you like

Me, myself, I support the civilians ie: Not nation states. I'm pro peace more than any thing else

The mod team has over 60 people who will have various (or no) opinions on the matter

Also, some people really want to watch the world burn...

Are you one of those people who say "not all men."
Original post by baconwrappedeggs
Are you one of those people who say "not all men."

Sorry?
Original post by de_monies
Sorry?

You said in your previous post that people get reported for blaming ALL Jews.

So are you going to report a woman on this forum if she said "I hate going to clubs, men are so creepy and perverted."?

Then you come in and say "Not all men."

Google it.
Israel has the right to use its full military capabilities to defend itself. Hamas are terrorists that need to be taken out. These sources are nonsense. Official Western news networks or gtfo. Typical left wing Pro-Palestine nonsense.

Whilst it is too early to say for sure who killed those three people (lack of investigation, investigations often go on for years), I'd agree that using these three dead people as an excuse to bomb Gaza is wrong, but I wouldn't use this as a good 'PR' for Hamas.

Regardless of who killed those three people it doesn't change the war crimes committed by the Israeli government and Hamas. There is this unfortunate drift toward supporting Hamas that I have experience at protests and on social media (whilst a minor drift I will admit) I still find it shameful that there would be people defending Hamas.

Original post by aka r
Ya hamas the resistance, hope they send another barage of 1000 rockets into benjamins head

Comments like this are truly disgusting, the rockets will never reach the Israeli government officials, but they will kill civilians (Palestinians and Israelis) and they will destroy property and infrastructure and will injure people.
You're defending war criminals, who have broken the 4th Geneva convention, the Geneva accords and the UDHR.
Yes, Israel are doing more damage, but stop defending reprehensible groups like Hamas who are 'defending themselves' through killing and harming people that are not their true enemy.
Didn't hear any laughing to be honest :s-smilie:
Just seems like more Israeli bashing to me.
Reply 2397
Original post by KrisCussans
Whilst it is too early to say for sure who killed those three people (lack of investigation, investigations often go on for years), I'd agree that using these three dead people as an excuse to bomb Gaza is wrong, but I wouldn't use this as a good 'PR' for Hamas.

Regardless of who killed those three people it doesn't change the war crimes committed by the Israeli government and Hamas. There is this unfortunate drift toward supporting Hamas that I have experience at protests and on social media (whilst a minor drift I will admit) I still find it shameful that there would be people defending Hamas.

Comments like this are truly disgusting, the rockets will never reach the Israeli government officials, but they will kill civilians (Palestinians and Israelis) and they will destroy property and infrastructure and will injure people.
You're defending war criminals, who have broken the 4th Geneva convention, the Geneva accords and the UDHR.
Yes, Israel are doing more damage, but stop defending reprehensible groups like Hamas who are 'defending themselves' through killing and harming people that are not their true enemy.

Loooooool its called self defense
Hamas has hardly killed any civilians compared to the amount of soldiers they killed. Look at idf tho they just kill mostly innocent civilians

Who fired the first rockets? :rolleyes:

Such a void of common sense when anyone mentions Israel or the Middle East in general.

Original post by aka r
Loooooool its called self defense
Hamas has hardly killed any civilians compared to the amount of soldiers they killed. Look at idf tho they just kill mostly innocent civilians

No, attacking first is called assualt. :facepalm:

Hamas kill people by placing rockets in schools, firing outside of homes etc. Israel then sinks to the same level because it would not have survived this long if it did war in moderation.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm not anti-Israel but nor am I in support of their actions. I do think they have acted questionably and should be investigated independently but regarding retaliation strikes in civilian neighbourhoods, I hold Hamas responsible for launching from there in the first place.

Especially regarding the handling of the response to the 3 boys. They [Israel] should have officially investigated the murders as would be done in any other country if 3 people were spontaneously kidnapped and murdered without anyone claiming responsibility. Yes, they [Israel] probably were looking for an excuse to instigate violence with Palastine but to say they 100% were, without an investigation or reliable evidence is equally as hair trigger reaction as you're accusing Israel of being.

They should be investigated, then conclusions drawn.

I read both those articles and they are not evidence of anything. The author claims "officials admit the kidnappings were not Hamas' handiwork afterall" - These officials are not identified by either rank or name, there is no quote and there is no source. Both articles are almost identicle in content as well, one has copied/pasted some of the content of the other which suggests they are written by the same person/people in collaboration which makes the fact that there is 2 articles void.

Latest

Trending

Trending