The Student Room Group

What was your hardest A-level exam and why?

Scroll to see replies

Probably D1, hate Decision Maths!
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
Not joking?

no xD i found it hard
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
lol, I prefer easy papers with high boundaries, rather than hard papers with low boundaries.

That way you don't get bs questions, which are dissimilar to pp's.

That M1 was way harder than usual too, however C3 was a good one, probably since of how ridiculous it was the year before :yep:

yeah haha, i thought C3 was pretty good! checked the markscheme, should be getting a solid A* on that one, but muffed up C4 and M1 big time haha.
Original post by Fas
yeah haha, i thought C3 was pretty good! checked the markscheme, should be getting a solid A* on that one, but muffed up C4 and M1 big time haha.

I hope you get what you want :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by yodawg321
G482 lol. Out of all my 10+ exams ( Psychology, Chem, Physics) G482 was the hardest, even harder than. ALL. A2.

Agree COMPLETELY!
Original post by Georgia22
I think my hardest A2 exam was probably my Unit 3 AQA Geography exam because I had to answer 2 sets of 7, 8 and 10 mark questions followed by a 40 mark essay in 2 and a half hours. The essay title was also really difficult. So similar reasons to the history exams really! Felt like my arm was going to fall off!:frown:

Totally agree! The geography exam was like running a marathon in two send a half hours. The ecosystems question was quite nice, yet trying to structure a coherent essay in such a ship of amount of time was tough.
History as well! I was actually quite I'll after my history exam.......!! :s-smilie:
Edexcel Chemistry Unit 4 (2014). No where near enough time, strangely worded questions and over half the paper being AS stuff which I completely forgot!
Mine was psychology there is so much to remember. Closely followed by history which requires constant revision everyday from the start of term to fit it all in there!
Chemistry unit 5 (Edexcel). That exam was completely mad. Just wanted to leave the exam after seeing some of the questions. :mad:
Reply 89
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
C3 edexcel june 2013
First 2 questions were fine, **** my load with the rest of the paper.

Fp1 june 2014 was a bitch too.

What did you find the hardest topic in C3? I'm going through it now. It's definitely harder than C1 and C2, but I am pleased with my progress.

I think the trig identities is the hardest, far harder than solving trig equations. Differentiating using the quotient rule gets to me too. It's not the differentiation, it is the amount of steps involved in it making it so easy to slip up on a basic calculation,
Original post by Tygra
What did you find the hardest topic in C3? I'm going through it now. It's definitely harder than C1 and C2, but I am pleased with my progress.

I think the trig identities is the hardest, far harder than solving trig equations. Differentiating using the quotient rule gets to me too. It's not the differentiation, it is the amount of steps involved in it making it so easy to slip up on a basic calculation,

In C3?

Probably that rcosalpha topic, its much easier compared to C4
Reply 91
English Lit. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. The fact that we had books for the new specification limited out revision sources. And to top it all off, the comparison section had total bull**** questions :angry:
(edited 9 years ago)
Chemistry was the hardest, but I enjoyed it so it didn't bother me as such. Bio was fine, but so Borrrrringgggggg it was a struggle to revise!
Politics was just so much to learn, twas the most stressful!
Edexcel FP3. I did maths and FM and this was the only paper out of all of them that I didn't finish.

Two weeks before that exam I looked at a past paper and couldn't answer ANYTHING :eek: No exaggeration whatsoever. I hated that module :frown:
Original post by cumbriacoppertop
Totally agree! The geography exam was like running a marathon in two send a half hours. The ecosystems question was quite nice, yet trying to structure a coherent essay in such a ship of amount of time was tough.
History as well! I was actually quite I'll after my history exam.......!! :s-smilie:

I was so stressed when I came out of the exam! Yeah, I think the ecosystems questions were okay, although very vague so perhaps I have wrote the completely wrong thing haha! Which essay did you do?:biggrin:
Reply 95
Chem 4 (edexcel); questions were odd, caught me out, I panicked ====> disaster.... :cry2:
OCR chemistry F324, there were weird twists on virtually every question :frown:
Reply 97
Original post by Numberwang
Out of all three I did, mine was History - it was 90 minutes and I felt as though I had to structure my answers so neatly and regurgitate so much detail in such a tight time frame :frown:

What was your hardest A-level exam (A2 or AS)?

Hey!

I read that you took History, what exam board have you done? I just would like a little information about this subject!
Reply 98
I personally think that C4 was really difficult, my A* is deffo gone! The 9 marker volume question really caught me out, even though it was sooo easy... But can't complain cause I smashed C3!
The last Chemistry A OCR Module.. Now I look back on it I'm not sure if it's as bad as I imagined or I'm just overthinking and panicking before results. I don't know what it is but the closer to results day that we get the worse I think I've done! Either way, chemistry was brutal hahaha

Quick Reply

Latest