The Student Room Group

Do your teachers get to see your results before you do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carnationlilyrose
I imagine it was a joke, since no one wants an unwilling pupil.

It was :smile:

Nevertheless, I just don't think that it benefits the students.
Original post by Josh_Bowskill
It was :smile:

Nevertheless, I just don't think that it benefits the students.

Jokes? Or teachers knowing the results before you? If the latter, I'm afraid sometimes the little pixies who magically put results into envelopes turn out to be teachers and it's unavoidable. Sorry about that.
I think its good that teachers know the results first but it can be annoying. Like when the results came in for my AS January exam, a teacher went and told other students my grade before I even knew it, so I had friends coming up to me saying what I got when I hadn't even seen my paper yet. I was very angry to say the least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kay(:
I think its good that teachers know the results first but it can be annoying. Like when the results came in for my AS January exam, a teacher went and told other students my grade before I even knew it, so I had friends coming up to me saying what I got when I hadn't even seen my paper yet. I was very angry to say the least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are right to be angry. That is wrong.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Jokes? Or teachers knowing the results before you? If the latter, I'm afraid sometimes the little pixies who magically put results into envelopes turn out to be teachers and it's unavoidable. Sorry about that.

Teachers knowing the results before you.

I apologise if this isn't the case, but that sounded rather patronising. I'm merely saying that I don't find it beneficial and I'm probably not alone here.
Yep they know the day before, apparently it's so that if there are any big problems there's time to investigate before the student gets their results (for example if someone is getting A*'s all year long and their AS grade and coursework already means they've got an E, and they come out with a U then obviously a mistake has been made), and I guess it helps them prepare for the next morning, how many staff they're going to need to help get students into clearing and such. Pretty sure they're not allowed to tell you though until the day
Original post by Josh_Bowskill
Teachers knowing the results before you.

I apologise if this isn't the case, but that sounded rather patronising. I'm merely saying that I don't find it beneficial and I'm probably not alone here.

You are probably right. Unfortunately it can't be that way.
Original post by MrSupernova

Wow that's amazing! Congrats :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
This thread has really settled my nerves about getting my results...
Am i the only one here getting my results by post? It seems everyone is going into school to get them
Yes. Last year when we got our gcse results, the teachers (not all of them, just the head of the year etc.) already knew the results. If you didn't have at least 25 pts (A*=4,A=3,B=2) then you weren't able to be admitted to sixth form, and everyone who hadn't met the hurdle had the initials of the teachers they would have to see on their envelope. So before they even knew their results, they knew they hadn't got in.
Original post by Millie-3
Am i the only one here getting my results by post? It seems everyone is going into school to get them

I'm having to call the school to get them as I'm on holiday :s-smilie:
Original post by TheTechN1304
Yes. Last year when we got our gcse results, the teachers (not all of them, just the head of the year etc.) already knew the results. If you didn't have at least 25 pts (A*=4,A=3,B=2) then you weren't able to be admitted to sixth form, and everyone who hadn't met the hurdle had the initials of the teachers they would have to see on their envelope. So before they even knew their results, they knew they hadn't got in.

That sucks! And your school seems cruel... If you will be calling the school,couldn't you just call on the 20th, since they'll know then? Or will they not tell you early?
That sucks! And your school seems cruel... If you will be calling the school,couldn't you just call on the 20th, since they'll know then? Or will they not tell you early?

they won't tell early :frown:

Only school staff with a specific need to know are meant to see the results on 20th (e.g. exams officer, head, head of year). Schools are not allowed to tell the candidate before 0600hrs on 21st nor anyone else (e.g. newspapers) before 0900hrs on 21st.

Quick Reply

Latest