The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No suprise here.
Original post by Eboracum
Israel has the right to use its full military capabilities to defend itself.

Yes because innocent children and women are so threatening that they must be murdered immediately.
Original post by Eboracum
Israel has the right to use its full military capabilities to defend itself. Hamas are terrorists that need to be taken out. These sources are nonsense. Official Western news networks or gtfo. Typical left wing Pro-Palestine nonsense.

Typical Zionist nonsense.

"Hey 3 Israeli teenagers got kidnapped, without any proof lets blame Hamas. First we'll kidnap (or "arrest") 400 Palestinians whilst killing 10 of them, then we'll start bombing them, and if they retaliate, we'll kill another 1000. WOOP WOOP GO ISRAEL!!"
Original post by Jimbo1234
Israel then sinks to the same level because it would not have survived this long if it did war in moderation.

Israel has a history of being extreme. This war wouldn't have began if Israel done anything in moderation.
Original post by aka r
Loooooool its called self defense
Hamas has hardly killed any civilians compared to the amount of soldiers they killed. Look at idf tho they just kill mostly innocent civilians

Did you even read what I wrote?

"You're defending war criminals, who have broken the 4th Geneva convention, the Geneva accords and the UDHR.
Yes, Israel are doing more damage, but stop defending reprehensible groups like Hamas who are 'defending themselves' through killing and harming people that are not their true enemy."

It's not self-defence to kill innocent people, to bomb homes and infrastructure. It is a war crime. It is not even 'collateral', it is purposeful targeting of civilians with inaccurate weapons.

You forget people like this are living in Israel, there are many left-wing Israelis, even the right-wing ones are civilians and their rights apply nonetheless:
Original post by JanitaTwain
Yes because innocent children and women are so threatening that they must be murdered immediately.

Nobody is saying that the women and children are threatening. Israel is targeting Hamas rockets that are being hidden in urban areas. I don't agree with the Israeli policy: there is way too much collateral damage. However, Hamas using Gazan citizens as a shield for their weapons is also partially responsible for the high civilian death toll. Neither side is blameless for what's happening.
I agree with de_monies. We should put the IDF and Hamas on their own special little island and let them slug it out, whilst Israel and Palestine both rebuild. The governments of both are as bad as each other, Israel are just more efficient and better equipped for war. Those who say 'Palestinians are evil' or 'Israelis are evil' are just oblivious and ignorant, bordering on racist. Civilians on both sides are being unfairly involved, targeted and demonized, and we should support both groups of innocents, not take the side of one corrupt government in their attempt to eradicate the other side.
palestinians resume firing despite Israel extending ceasefire

Four mortars were fired on Israel only a minute after 8 pm, the hour the ceasefire between Israel and factions fighting in Gaza was set to expire. The IDF did not return fire at Gaza Strip.

Israel agreed to extend the ceasefire to at least midnight Saturday, and the Security Cabinet was set to convene at 9:30 to vote on extending the ceasefire by another week.
Insight into an average Israeli's state of mind:

http://youtu.be/7NMwohMhP10
Original post by KrisCussans

I made short video and wrote a blog on my thoughts and how we should approach the discourse of the conflict and the conflict itself, in more detail than this post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_N88y3_CHs
http://israel-palestinediscourse.blogspot.co.uk/

I've just seen your video, and though it raises many good points regarding the conflict, I want you to under that those who are anti-Israel does not necessarily mean they are pro-Hamas. The people in Palestine including Hamas, have basically gone through hell for years, and have had numerous people die around them. Though violence is not the answer, but with no support, the continuation of Israeli occupation, and the increased death of civilians (that started before Hamas formation) has led to the formation of organisations like Hamas who believe they are fighting for their right. I agree with you that it is civilians that matter the most and that above all human rights issues should always be the main focus, which happens to coincide with Palestinians as it is their human rights that have been violated (which is why many protests who are raising awarenesses on humanitarian issues, mention Gaza).
I would love for Palestine to get there own state and even there land and homes that were taken from them, but this seems very unlikely now that Israel have created buildings on it. With that being said, I agree with the points you made on the video especially the one about reparations to Palestine and how this could resolve the conflict, yet seems unlikely to happen.
Reply 2410
Original post by Mubariz
Hitler started of little and took little bits of land and progressed because nobody stopped him.

Remind you of a country?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its not even slightly similar, at all. There are zero similarities. It just makes the pro Palestine look stupid.
Half of them are just jumping on the bandwagon anyway. Most people don't have a clue about the actual issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Its not even slightly similar, at all. There are zero similarities. It just makes the pro Palestine look stupid.
Half of them are just jumping on the bandwagon anyway. Most people don't have a clue about the actual issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It sounds very similar to me.

They have stopped somewhat now but it was a toned down name regime before.

If you look at the opinions of the government and the people of Israel, how they view Palestinians and Arabs it reminds me very much of Nazis.

It's very ironic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by well in the dark
The Israeli embassy in Ireland is desperate, pathetic and hysterical at the international condemnation of the massacre Israel is perpetrating:

This is indeed the Israeli embassy in Ireland's Twitter account; it's verified.
Israel is rapidly descending into an appalling joke of a country.

The Israeli Embassy in Ireland has past form in this regard. They posted a "Thought for Christmas" that Jesus, Mary and Joseph as unprotected Jews in Bethlem would have been lynched by Arabs. Charming.

Irish-Israeli relationships haven't always been the best. A couple of embassy staff were expelled when Mossad used fake Irish passports in a hit on a Hamas leader. Palestine tends to get quite a lot of sympathy here.
Reply 2413
Original post by Mubariz
It sounds very similar to me.

They have stopped somewhat now but it was a toned down name regime before.

If you look at the opinions of the government and the people of Israel, how they view Palestinians and Arabs it reminds me very much of Nazis.

It's very ironic

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it goes down to things like opinion, Palestinians probably think worse of the Jews (therefore Israel) than vice versa.

What I see is too much blind allegiance to one side from everyone. Too many people acting as if Israel don't have rockets fired into their country, with the intent of killing civilians. However Israel's use of force is unwarranted.

Israel would settle for peace, but Palestinians will never rest because they think it's their land.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Diamante06
I've just seen your video, and though it raises many good points regarding the conflict, I want you to under that those who are anti-Israel does not necessarily mean they are pro-Hamas. The people in Palestine including Hamas, have basically gone through hell for years, and have had numerous people die around them. Though violence is not the answer, but with no support, the continuation of Israeli occupation, and the increased death of civilians (that started before Hamas formation) has led to the formation of organisations like Hamas who believe they are fighting for their right. I agree with you that it is civilians that matter the most and that above all human rights issues should always be the main focus, which happens to coincide with Palestinians as it is their human rights that have been violated (which is why many protests who are raising awarenesses on humanitarian issues, mention Gaza).
I would love for Palestine to get there own state and even there land and homes that were taken from them, but this seems very unlikely now that Israel have created buildings on it. With that being said, I agree with the points you made on the video especially the one about reparations to Palestine and how this could resolve the conflict, yet seems unlikely to happen.

Of course.
One of the things I really want to get across to people is that we shouldn't bring too much politics into the protests. I've been to a pro-Palestine protest in Leeds, I recognize Palestine (the people) as suffering the most and would side with them in terms of long term suffering against the Israeli government. But I'd rather not involve too much politics in the whole Israel/Palestine conflict, reason being is I'm an anarchist, I'm not interested in the concept of land ownership between groups of people or separation of Palestinians from Israelis.

In an ideal world, there would be Palestinians, Israelis and expats living together. The whole land dispute brings about internal disagreement and is likely going to distract us from the grander issue, like I've seen on Facebook with religious disagreements in relation to the conflict. When talking to other people at the protests they may say that land needs to be reclaimed by the Palestinians, whereas that is something that I am at odds with (it just conflicts with my anarchic beliefs). So I try to avoid taking politics or religion and just stick to human rights and international law messages I expressed in the video.
Original post by Ggmu!
If it goes down to things like opinion, Palestinians probably think worse of the Jews (therefore Israel) than vice versa.

What I see is too much blind allegiance to one side from everyone. Too many people acting as if Israel don't have rockets fired into their country, with the intent of killing civilians. However Israel's use of force is unwarranted.

Israel would settle for peace, but Palestinians will never rest because they think it's their land.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come now, you cannot know this.

Or maybe you have the blind allegiance, and are influenced by the media and America etc.

Yeah peace, the Palestinians have had something taken from them, and the only way to have peace is to give it all up? The Palestinians deserve everything taken from them back.

It's laughable that Israel expect the Palestinians to accept what they offer them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2416
Original post by Mubariz
Come now, you cannot know this.

Or maybe you have the blind allegiance, and are influenced by the media and America etc.

Yeah peace, the Palestinians have had something taken from them, and the only way to have peace is to give it all up? The Palestinians deserve everything taken from them back.

It's laughable that Israel expect the Palestinians to accept what they offer them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its quite well known Arabs hate Jews. If they could, they'd have already destroyed Israel by now. I think you're being bias if you don't concede to that.

The media haven't been pro Israel at all from what I've seen. All I see a re pictures of clueless kids at demonstrations shouting free Palestine.

They should deal with reality or Hamas will end up having every Palestinian killed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The pro-Palestinians have conveniently ignored this, but Hamas refused Israel's offer to extend the ceasefire earlier today and fired three rockets into Israel.

Care to justify this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28504509
Original post by Sic semper erat
bla bla bla, I'm not even Jewish. Back to your Hamas handbook

You do not have to be jewish buddy.
Ps I know truth hurts, and nice comeback :colone:

Hmmm :hmmm:
You seem to be unable to read perhaps.
The way you asserted the culpability of Hamas, you made it seem that you had undeniable, very tangible evidence for their guilt.
Not finger pointing and Kerry saying
Secretary of State John Kerry said Sunday that officials are still investigating the abduction, but that “many indications point to Hamas’ involvement.”

Or
Kerry: 'Indications point to Hamas' involvement' in abduction of teens

Alas you fail to substantiate your claims, therefore kindly gtfo:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending