The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mathsisannoying
goood luck!!! :smile:

Thanks babe
Original post by Pennyarcade
Thanks babe

its roasting in scotland and im just about to hit the commonwealth games up ! :smile:
Original post by Pennyarcade
Ohhh nice, Oxbridge looks sweet :biggrin:
The way that the course is taught more than anything. I havent actually visited Aberdeen uni yet so perhaps it is unfair for me to rule it out just yet :tongue:
No, Im sitting it 3 days after results day ( :puke: ) so that week is either going to be the best or worst ever for me.

I've never actually been to Aberdeen uni either, should probably get myself up there for the open day :smile:
Aahh best of luck, I'm sure you'll be great! :biggrin: What does it involve exactly, is it just a written paper?
Original post by claclaire
I've never actually been to Aberdeen uni either, should probably get myself up there for the open day :smile:
Aahh best of luck, I'm sure you'll be great! :biggrin: What does it involve exactly, is it just a written paper?

aberdeen is a great university ive been before, definitely worth going to one of the open days ! :smile:
its roasting in scotland and im just about to hit the commonwealth games up ! :smile:

Stupid games ruining everything *grumble grumble*
aberdeen is a great university ive been before, definitely worth going to one of the open days ! :smile:

I'll definitely try to! The only open day is 26th august which I'm not sure I can make but there's always the possibility of a private visit or something :smile: Everyone I know who's been says it's really nice!
I'll definitely try to! The only open day is 26th august which I'm not sure I can make but there's always the possibility of a private visit or something :smile: Everyone I know who's been says it's really nice!

Aberdeen's a nice place. It's compact and big enough to feel like a city but small enough as well.
Hope you enjoy your open day! :smile:
I was pretty relaxed about results day until I tried to log in to mySQA this afternoon only to come across the message that it was closed till the 8th. Summer is just never long enough these days.

I'm waiting on my Higher results as well, ideally looking for at least AAABB but I completely dodged up my exams so things aren't looking good. I got Proxime Accessit of my school so the expectation to keep up the tradition of the Dux and runner up getting AAAAA is almost too much. Everyone's like, 'don't worry', and I'm just here like, 'hahaha yeah no'. I'm alright about them just now, but this time next week I'll probably be so uptight no one will talk to me.

Forgive me, I'm pretty new here so I'm not sure how to work the quote thingy yet lol (I'm having great fun working out all of the fabulous smilies first :colone:), but whoever's looking for people planning on doing AH English, AH History and H RMPS, I'm hoping to do all three so long as they run in my area.
continuing theme of countdown we almost have 10 days left! :smile:
Original post by MartinLaird
I'm hoping for AAAA or AAABB in my highers, I've sat English, History, Geography, Chemistry and Biology. I got AAAAA in my prelims and I reckon I've maybe got AAAAB in my exams, my chemistry paper was a horror I thought. Hopefully if I get the grades I'll apply to Glasgow to do History and Geography as a joint degree or History and Theology not sure yet!

Hope all you guys get what you deserve and what you would like :smile:

P.S Anyone doing AH English, AH History or H RMPS next year?

Advanced Higher History
Advanced Higher English
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:smartass:
Original post by GeschichteJunge
Advanced Higher History
Advanced Higher English
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome :biggrin: I'm the only one in my school that wanted to do AH History (on less that's changed over the summer) so I might have to self study it. Oh well, I'll ring them after the results come in to see what the script is. Did you start the courses before the summer? If so, what did you think?

Edit: Look at me, I'm quoting! :smartass:
(edited 9 years ago)

Thanks babe
Its like an IQ test, but evil :sadnod:

Original post by The Milk Thief

:rofl:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The Milk Thief

Awesome :biggrin: I'm the only one in my school that wanted to do AH History (on less that's changed over the summer) so I might have to self study it. Oh well, I'll ring them after the results come in to see what the script is. Did you start the courses before the summer? If so, what did you think?

Oh I see, that's crappy, hopefully some others will join you :smile: yeah for 3 weeks or something. We're doing Soviet Russia and I don't really find it interesting (Higher was more interesting for me). There seems to be a great deal of information which I found to be difficult when finding the essentials without writing loads which I always seem to do!! However I'm sure it'll be fine and not toooo difficult. How about you? How are u finding English? I like it so far :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone know what time track will be open on results day its it like 7:30 like usual orr? anyone starting to get extremely nervous?
Some of the papers are on the sqa website now :/
Original post by ashleymacleod

What ones have actually been put up?
All I've seen from 2014 is Nat 5 Maths.
Original post by ashleymacleod

What ones? are any higher papers up yet?
Original post by GeschichteJunge
Oh I see, that's crappy, hopefully some others will join you :smile: yeah for 3 weeks or something. We're doing Soviet Russia and I don't really find it interesting (Higher was more interesting for me). There seems to be a great deal of information which I found to be difficult when finding the essentials without writing loads which I always seem to do!! However I'm sure it'll be fine and not toooo difficult. How about you? How are u finding English? I like it so far :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I wish we'd done Russia at Higher (my school did USA and Atlantic Slave Trade with the Scottish Wars of Independence for Paper 2), it looked like one of the more interesting topics. Haha, yeah it's an awful lot of information that we've got to get down on paper in so many words! I found that tricky in the exam at higher, but I'll have more time to work on it this year. Yeah, we'll get there with practice hopefully.

We didn't get the chance to do much for English, just dissertation discussions and looking at the course outline etc. I'm not even sure what our literary unit will be on yet! We were shuffled into the library for most of the time before summer because they couldn't spare a teacher since we're moving onto the 33 period week next year. Wasn't great since all we really did was sit and chat :colone:, but I've at least got a couple of ideas for the dissertation :smile:

Of course, I'll only be able to do it if I get the grades to do the Advanced Highers! Just super glad I can finally drop my science/mathsy subjects, chemistry especially! I think my teacher will be glad to have rid of me and all of my questions!
Original post by lollipop32
What ones? are any higher papers up yet?

me too, cant see any higher ones up yet quite annoying! :frown:
me too, cant see any higher ones up yet quite annoying! :frown:

Some of the science question papers are up, but no marking schemes :frown:
Was looking at the chemistry paper and honestly can't remember any of it haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending