The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mauricea
And there we have it 'they weren't Muslims'. They were Muslims...:mad:

please show me ii didnt say they weren't muslim, i said they didnt act like true muslims
Reply 21
Original post by Zeroic
please show me ii didnt say they weren't muslim, i said they didnt act like true muslims

Please learn your own religion,your prophet did worse than them...:mad:
Reply 22
Please learn your own religion,your prophet did worse than them...:mad:

what you trying to say, that being muslim lead them to do this crime? what so they came in with the full intention of allah in their heart, you know allahu akhbar lets stab a dominos pizza man and steal his iphone, we'd be doing it for islam???
Reply 23
Original post by Zeroic
what you trying to say, that being muslim lead them to do this crime? what so they came in with the full intention of allah in their heart, you know allahu akhbar lets stab a dominos pizza man and steal his iphone, we'd be doing it for islam???

I'm not saying that to all muslims but we have a serious problem with the Pakistanis and Arabs people in this country.We find more brutes, ,extremists fools and sadists in their community. They do not adapt any positive principles in their life.:frown:
People abuse their human rights and in my opinion, prisoners don't deserve half the rights they have. They go to prison to keep them away from people and to teach them a lesson but instead get their sentence cut in half because of "good behaviour" and get more luxuries than the average law abiding citizens.
Police ignore petty crimes because it's too much hassle to fill out paper work, yet those crimes classed as "petty" to some, can be seen as a much more serious crime to the victim.
Original post by lucaf
this may blow your mind, but sometimes locking people up for decades in dehumanising conditions with other criminals often doesn't reform them. Shocker!

The justice systems first priority should be to keep the public safe, and its second should be to reform criminals and helping them rehabilitate into society. State sanctioned vengeance shouldn't even factor into it. Punishing criminals as harshly as possible may feel good, but in the end it benefits nobody.

Wrong. The justice systems joint first responsibility is to protect the public and to punish crime. Helping reform criminals is important to but to deny punishment is to deny justice.
Reply 26
I'm not saying that to all muslims but we have a serious problem with the Pakistanis and Arabs people in this country.We find more brutes, ,extremists fools and sadists in their community. They do not adapt any positive principles in their life.:frown:

i know i know, i agree with this, there are a fair nutcases in these communities but you can only hope for the younger pakistanis/arabs, they seem to be getting on fine in the west and seem to adopting to much more westernised life styles now, give it a few generations and most of them probably forget their religion and roots, but that's only a prediction

Islam (and other religions) causes a lot of problems in this country but I don't see how you can blame this particular incident on the perpetrators' religion.
I don't want to live in a world with these sick people so i say give em the death penalty.

Life for Life
Reply 29
Original post by limetang
Wrong. The justice systems joint first responsibility is to protect the public and to punish crime. Helping reform criminals is important to but to deny punishment is to deny justice.

Why? What does it achieve, who does it help? Tough punishments for the sake of punishment help nobody, and actively harm the chances of criminals reforming and so increase re-offense rates. Surely it is better for all involved to make sure that a criminal stops being a criminal.
Reply 30
Original post by imtelling
Look at this guy:

This mans name was Thavisha Lakindu Peiris. He was an immigrant who came to Britain, believing that Britain was a better place than his home country of Sri Lanka. Thavisha's parents saved up to send him here, believing that Britain was a safe place for their son. Thavisha was a hard woking guy, working as as a pizza delivery man to make his way while he tried to secure a job in IT. He did secure that job. However, in his final shift before quitting, he was murdered by by violent thug who stabbed him 14 times for his mobile phone:

Omg I feel so bad for his parents , he was such nice guys (I knew him), He never drink had sex with girls or anything all he was doing was working 24/24 non stop to please his parents..
As terrible as this story is, you cannot just go round imprisoning people who might commit murder based on criminal history. If they haven't commited an offense worthy of incarceration, you cannot incarcerate them. If they have and they serve their sentence you cannot keep them detained beyond that. You can't even lock someone up for threatening to kill a person, violent, threatening language isn't illegal.

You can only imprison people for crimes they have committed. It's not the justice system at fault here, it's the social system that allows children to be brought up in a way that they don't have the self inhibition to not do these things. While Britain does have it's short comings in terms of social welfare provision for young people and providing them with viable, alternative options to crime, we are far from the worst at it.

Some people are just evil by nature, by law though, that is not a crime.
(edited 9 years ago)
Kills someone , good behaviour in prison , half sentence taken off.

British justice system.

This wouldn't be happening , if prison actually was a deterrent or even rehabilitated prisoners. All it does , is keep them locked for a short amount of time and then there back to re offend.
Original post by lucaf
this may blow your mind, but sometimes locking people up for decades in dehumanising conditions with other criminals often doesn't reform them. Shocker!

The justice systems first priority should be to keep the public safe, and its second should be to reform criminals and helping them rehabilitate into society. State sanctioned vengeance shouldn't even factor into it. Punishing criminals as harshly as possible may feel good, but in the end it benefits nobody.

That's wrong.
I know many cases where locking the guy up on their first conviction for 25+ years would have saved many lives. It also stops these vermin from breeding thus stopping the problem with them.
99 years for any crime would solve a lot of problems.

Original post by DorianGrayism
It is the most barbaric....by being the least barbaric....

Tbh, I think the success of the the legal system can be measured by the crime rate in this country which is fairly low.

Only because the UK does not count minor crimes which are recorded in other countries.

Original post by Amphiprion
As terrible as this story is, you cannot just go round imprisoning people who might commit murder based on criminal history. If they haven't commited an offense worthy of incarceration, you cannot incarcerate them. If they have and they serve their sentence you cannot keep them detained beyond that. You can't even lock someone up for threatening to kill a person, violent, threatening language isn't illegal.

You can only imprison people for crimes they have committed. It's not the justice system at fault here, it's the social system that allows children to be brought up in a way that they don't have the self inhibition to not do these things. While Britain does have it's short comings in terms of social welfare provision for young people and providing them with viable, alternative options to crime, we are far from the worst at it.

Some people are just evil by nature, by law though, that is not a crime.

Yes you can and should. I know someone who is now in a coma due to that ****ing moronic liberal reasoning you just gave. Many people who commit violent crimes are not normal and they don't change. Lock them away for good as that is the only way to keep everyone else safe.
(edited 9 years ago)

He is right

They are the lowest form of human beings. Behind Murderers and Rapist.

How is carrying out a victimless crime like taking a drug worse than actively harming someone? Should everyone who makes bad decisions about their own health be executed/ given life? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 35
The pair of them better both serve life sentences for this crime with no chance of being let out. A needless death all for an iPhone.
Original post by Jimbo1234
That's wrong.
Yes you can and should. I know someone who is now in a coma due to that ****ing moronic liberal reasoning you just gave. Many people who commit violent crimes are not normal and they don't change. Lock them away for good as that is the only way to keep everyone else safe.

The way you suggest would put more innocent, misunderstood people in prison than it would criminals. It's not moronic to believe innocent people shouldn't be punished for crimes they have not committed.:tongue:
Original post by Guji4ever
Well, statistics have shown that the greater proportion of drug users commit crimes in order to fund their addiction

Drugs addicts and alcoholics need to be taken down, they are doomed.

Well then maybe arrest them if/when they commit a crime :facepalm2:. Ultimately, the act of just taking a drug or even being addicted to one isn't anyone's business (except if it's in a helpful way) but the addict themselves.
Original post by Jimbo1234

Only because the UK does not count minor crimes which are recorded in other countries.

I didn't mean the overall crime rate.

I meant the rate of murder and etc that are measured in a similar way across different criminal systems.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes our justice system is bad, it is unjust and it conflicts with international law a lot of the time. You only have to look at the 'Gilford four' case and the UK's cooperation with the US with Guantanamo and Abu Gharib to see it is pretty ****ty.

But by no means is it the worst in the world, that is a clear exaggeration and distortion of the truth.
I think North Korea and Saudi Arabia might be a little offended you took that title from them.

Latest

Trending

Trending