The Student Room Group

Why is she going into a mood with me for?

Okay, so last night I went to my friend's party and I told my girlfriend about it the day before. She started asking me the usual questions 'is it a friend's party' 'what time you going' etc and I didn't mind because it shows she cares a lot for me. However everything was fine and she wanted to see how I looked so I sent her a picture of myself and without sounding too cocky I felt like I looked really good. However she suddenly goes into a mood with me. She didn't say anything about me looking good or anything but instead she just sends dull messages which she usually does when she is in a mood and she kept telling me to 'go have a good time'. I am super confused, is she worried about me going? I don't understand why because last week went she went out with her mate I was okay with it.
Reply 1
She's probably a little jealous that you'll get hit on at the party for looking good?
Reply 2
I'm curious, is there any reason why you didn't invite your gf along?
Reply 3
Original post by djpailo
I'm curious, is there any reason why you didn't invite your gf along?

She had to go somewhere with her Mum.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
She had to go somewhere with her Mum.

Okay, well that rules out her being annoyed because you didn't take her out :wink:

I think she is just uncomfortable that someone will hit on you. Best thing to do is to keep texting her throughout which will show you are still thinking about her.
Reply 5
Original post by djpailo
Okay, well that rules out her being annoyed because you didn't take her out :wink:

I think she is just uncomfortable that someone will hit on you. Best thing to do is to keep texting her throughout which will show you are still thinking about her.

Yess I think I should just message her once every few hours.
Reply 6
She is being a typical female control freak. Thats what a lot of relationships and marriages are about. Dont say i didnt warn you.
Reply 7
Original post by Limpopo
She is being a typical female control freak. Thats what a lot of relationships and marriages are about. Dont say i didnt warn you.

Being jealous or lacking trust is totally different from being a control freak lol...
Reply 8
She's just a little miffed that her 'handsome prince' is going dressed so well. Of course, its normal to look presentable but she's afraid you might get hit on by someone else. iI's just the normal amount of 'jealousy' that a relationship requires. Nothing too much to worry about.

As the person above me said, text her throughout (1 every couple hours or something? Perhaps even when something interesting happens she can relate to).
Reply 9
Original post by djpailo
Being jealous or lacking trust is totally different from being a control freak lol...

Well one leads to another,either way its her problem.
Reply 10
Original post by Limpopo

Don't listen to this pratt. :fight:
Reply 11
Imagine her dressed up and looking hot and going to a party without you.
A party where there will be hot guys!
You now have your answer.
it's healthy, it means she thinks you are a catch.:wink:
Original post by Cobbler
Imagine her dressed up and looking hot and going to a party without you.
A party where there will be hot guys!
You now have your answer.
it's healthy, it means she thinks you are a catch.:wink:

So you think I should take her behaviour in a positive way then? I guess it shows how much she cares.
Reply 13
If I were you, I'd make a bit of a joke of it. I'd tease her by telling her how hot you are and that all the girls want you but she has you.
have a laugh about it and she'll probably feel silly but reassured at the same time.
you obviously think a lot of her and vice versa.
Reply 14
If there's anything that should concern you about your relationship, it's the fact that you've turned to dozens of strangers on an online forum for an answer instead of approaching the girl whose feelings you've brought into question.
Original post by TheFKY
If there's anything that should concern you about your relationship, it's the fact that you've turned to dozens of strangers on an online forum for an answer instead of approaching the girl whose feelings you've brought into question.

I wanted opinions from people who won't judge me and have a mature attitude before I end up saying something silly to her, no harm in that.
Reply 16
I wanted opinions from people who won't judge me and have a mature attitude before I end up saying something silly to her, no harm in that.

Perhaps. All the same, your actions are counter-intuitive.
Original post by TheFKY
Perhaps. All the same, your actions are counter-intuitive.

That is your opinion.
Reply 18
That is your opinion.

It's not so much an opinion when both you and I know the answer you supposedly seek is best sought from the very girl you came to discuss, yet you admit to having avoided approaching her for one reason or another.

But I digress.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending