The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Observatory
Perhaps, but then you, as far as I know, are not a representative of the Palestinian governments, just some guy on the internet. Hamas explicitly justifies itself and its aims by appeal to Islamic scriptures.

As opposed to that 7th century change-over, which happened via aethereal transmutation and not because of marauding Arab-Islamic colonial armies? I don't mean to criticise; after all, King Alfred conquered by the sword, too. I just don't see any more moral or emotional pull to your latter-day Alfredism, versus the latter-day Boudiceaism of Israel.

Perhaps you should have a look at the formation of Hamas and who created them to balance the power of Yassir Arafat...

""Hamas, to my great regret, is Israel's creation," says Mr. Cohen, a Tunisian-born Jew who worked in Gaza for more than two decades. Responsible for religious affairs in the region until 1994, Mr. Cohen watched the Islamist movement take shape, muscle aside secular Palestinian rivals and then morph into what is today Hamas, a militant group that is sworn to Israel's destruction."

Regardless of all that- if you believe that Hamas's use of divinity to justify their claim on the land is unjustified then you either believe the same about Israel or are a hypocrite.

Are you seriously trying to justify Israel's apartheid and colonialism by saying Muslims did the same thing a 1000 years ago?
Original post by JanitaTwain
Israel has a history of being extreme. This war wouldn't have began if Israel done anything in moderation.

So how many wars over the last 50 years has Israel been involved in? And how many wars did Israel actually start? :rolleyes:
I think we are not in a position to judge them....
Original post by Ggmu!
Its quite well known Arabs hate Jews. If they could, they'd have already destroyed Israel by now. I think you're being bias if you don't concede to that.

The media haven't been pro Israel at all from what I've seen. All I see a re pictures of clueless kids at demonstrations shouting free Palestine.

They should deal with reality or Hamas will end up having every Palestinian killed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone hates everyone chap. What you say about Arab and Jews can easily apply vice versa as well to an enormous amount of other cases but at the end of the day, it is a matter of convenience.

Israel is free to exist within its legal borders but I find it fairly pathetic that you continue to defend/ignore the system of apartheid in the West Bank and the blockade of Gaza which incidentally Israeli officials have been on record saying is designed to keep the people/economy there on the verge of destitution.
palestinians reject ceasefire extension

Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri says there is no agreement to extend ceasefire until midnight.

Despite Israel extending the humanitarian truce, Hamas have refused it and began rocketing again.

People call them the victims?
Original post by Pinzgauer
palestinians reject ceasefire extension

Despite Israel extending the humanitarian truce, Hamas have refused it and began rocketing again.

People call them the victims?

You don't understand.

If someone were to come to your house take it all, and then after a fight offer you half back and say truce would you accept it?

I know it's not exactly the same but it is, in principle, what Israel are doing

Posted from TSR Mobile
palestinians refuse ceasefire extension, begin firing rockets again

Hamas has rejected a temporary extension to the humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza.

Israel agreed to extend the 12-hour truce until midnight (10pm UK time) - but its military said three rockets were fired from Gaza as night fell.
Hamas official Sami Abu Zuhri sent a text message to reporters saying: "No agreement to extending the calm for an additional four hours."

Quite amazing. They cry about being victims, yet refuse ceasefire after ceasefire.

People are protesting against Israel, yet palestinians are rejecting even a humanitarian ceasefire.
Original post by Sic semper erat
Nope, I do not have to be Jewish to want this cancer called Gaza wiped off the map lol

Hmmm :hmmm:, very peace loving and humane of you.
Calling for the genocide and callous murder of innocent people.
Go educate your self, you hate filled individual.
Eat some hummus might help you diversify.
palestinians refuse ceasefire extension, begin firing rockets again

Quite amazing. They cry about being victims, yet refuse ceasefire after ceasefire.

People are protesting against Israel, yet palestinians are rejecting even a humanitarian ceasefire.

Do not confuse palestinians with hamas, palestinians=/= hamas
Ps another hasbara account, nice going
Original post by Mubariz
You don't understand.

If someone were to come to your house take it all, and then after a fight offer you half back and say truce would you accept it?

I know it's not exactly the same but it is, in principle, what Israel are doing

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is this utter nonsense?

Take what all? Israel GAVE Gaza to them.

Now the palestinians are rocketing a regional superpower and crying to the media and the UN that they are the victims - yet won't even agree to a humanitarian ceasefire for their own people?

The palestinians have just thumbed their nose at the whole world who were working on a ceasefire.

What a disgrace.
Reply 2429
Original post by Inzamam99
Everyone hates everyone chap. What you say about Arab and Jews can easily apply vice versa as well to an enormous amount of other cases but at the end of the day, it is a matter of convenience.

Israel is free to exist within its legal borders but I find it fairly pathetic that you continue to defend/ignore the system of apartheid in the West Bank and the blockade of Gaza which incidentally Israeli officials have been on record saying is designed to keep the people/economy there on the verge of destitution.

Everyone hates everyone but Arabs hate Jews more.

Not defending it, just don't see how the state of Israel and Hitler can be compared.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Al-farhan
Do not confuse palestinians with hamas, palestinians=/= hamas
Ps another hasbara account, nice going

They voted for Hamas.

I'm sorry, this is an absolute outrage.

People are out protesting for these people. The UN is trying to get a ceasefire for them.

Israel has just said they will extend the ceasefire and Hamas have refused!

This is utter lunacy. They're firing rockets into a regional super power, crying about being killed in return - and yet STILL refuse to stop firing rockets.

They have literally just thumbed their nose at the whole world who were working on a ceasefire.

Utterly incredible.

I have never seen a situation where a territory is getting pummelled, they crying to the UN and media - yet refuse any ceasefire.
Joan Rivers can educate you. 207,317 views in less than a day :smile:

Typical propaganda, nothing new there.
Your art of hasbara is very weak.
They voted for Hamas.

I'm sorry, this is an absolute outrage.

People are out protesting for these people. The UN is trying to get a ceasefire for them.

Israel has just said they will extend the ceasefire and Hamas have refused!

This is utter lunacy. They're firing rockets into a regional super power, crying about being killed in return - and yet STILL refuse to stop firing rockets.

They have literally just thumbed their nose at the whole world who were working on a ceasefire.

Utterly incredible.

I have never seen a situation where a territory is getting pummelled, they crying to the UN and media - yet refuse any ceasefire.

Well israel was refusing the ceasefire yesterday, weren't they.
There are a lot of things that go behind the scenes that us average joes on the street do not know about.
Original post by Ggmu!
Everyone hates everyone but Arabs hate Jews more.

Not defending it, just don't see how the state of Israel and Hitler can be compared.

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the surface but under it... you only need to look at the enormous energy deals between Egypt and Israel.

I' am not comparing them but a system of apartheid in the occupied territories genuinely exist as does an unjustified and maliciously intentioned blockade of Gaza.

Hitler was a million times worse than the Israelis and I accept that but that does not justify their misdeeds.

These are facts not opinions
Well israel was refusing the ceasefire yesterday, weren't they.
There are a lot of things that go behind the scenes that us average joes on the street do not know about.

They refused Qatar's ceasefire proposal.

The same Qatar that arms Hamas and ISIS.

Besides, this is a HUMANITARIAN ceasefire.

I cannot think of ANY similar situation in the world where you have this media coverage over every palestinian death, totally buying into this victimhood - yet when Israel says they will extend a HUMANITARIAN ceasefire, the so-called 'victims' refuse and begin shelling!
I never knew you can get paid to sit on the computer, never even heard of the term 'hasbara' before Muhammadan trash mentioned it to me. Sorry, ive got no bones for you.

Now you're learning the art, that's more like it. Glad I'm helping you learn it.
Ps your turn to be educated I guess:
With the latest onslaught on gaza and its people, the war is not just being fought on the ground, but also on social media and student sites in a fight for heart and minds.
With the recent spike in pro israeli ''shills'' (as someone called them earlier in the week)
Some here had doubts over the integrity of the posts and posters, and with how vehemently the shills as they are called defended the actions and atrocities carried out by the IDF, refusing to acknowledge the humanity of those innocents killed in gaza and with no human empathy. Some started to suspect that something else may be behind the rise in pro israeli presence which coincided with the start of the war on gaza.
Some thought that the IDF and israeli government could be behind it and that incentives may be involved.
Well it turns out to be true after all, as reported by the Independent.
The israeli prime minister is personally overseeing the programme which plans to reward those who post pro israeli social media posts with scholarships to universities.

In a campaign to improve its image abroad, the Israeli government plans to provide scholarships to hundreds of students at its seven universities in exchange for their making pro-Israel Facebook posts and tweets to foreign audiences.

The students making the posts will not reveal online that they are funded by the Israeli government, according to correspondence about the plan revealed in the Haaretz newspaper.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office, which will oversee the programme, confirmed its launch and wrote that its aim was to “strengthen Israeli public diplomacy and make it fit the changes in the means of information consumption”.

The government’s hand is to be invisible to the foreign audiences. Daniel Seaman, the official who has been planning the effort, wrote in a letter on 5 August to a body authorising government projects that “the idea requires not making the role of the state stand out and therefore it is necessary to adhere to great involvement of the students themselves, without political linkage or affiliation”.

According to the plan, students are to be organised into units at each university, with a chief co-ordinator who receives a full scholarship, three desk co-ordinators for language, graphics and research who receive lesser scholarships and students termed “activists” who will receive a “minimal scholarship”.

Mr Netanyahu’s aides said the main topics the units would address related to political and security issues, combating calls to boycott Israel and combating efforts to question Israel’s legitimacy. The officials said the students would stress Israeli democratic values, freedom of religion and pluralism.

But Alon Liel, the doveish former director-general of the Israeli foreign ministry, criticised the plan as “quite disgusting”. “University students should be educated to think freely. When you buy the mind of a student, he becomes a puppet of the Israeli government grant,” he said. “You can give a grant to do social work or teach but not to do propaganda on controversial issues for the government.”

lINKS:
http://crooksandliars.com/2014/07/israel-offers-students-grants-if-they
http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/israel-student-union-sets-war-room-sell-gaza-massacre-facebook
http://www.globalresearch.ca/israel-student-union-set-up-war-room-to-sell-gaza-massacre-on-facebook/5392888
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/students-offered-grants-if-they-tweet-proisraeli-propaganda-8760142.html

Final note:
I wonder how many of our new pro israeli friends are in rooms and offices like this rather than in their bedrooms?
It was Hamas who bombed the UN school in Gaza.

Animals.
They refused Qatar's ceasefire proposal.

The same Qatar that arms Hamas and ISIS.

Besides, this is a HUMANITARIAN ceasefire.

I cannot think of ANY similar situation in the world where you have this media coverage over every palestinian death, totally buying into this victimhood - yet when Israel says they will extend a HUMANITARIAN ceasefire, the so-called 'victims' refuse and begin shelling!

Well a few hours ago israel was refusing a ceasefire because hamas was demanding the lifting of the siege of gaza, and that was a condition israel was not going to accept.
I assume israel tied the new bout of ceasefire negotiations with conditions that hamas would not accept.
Both cases are unacceptable and are disgusting flimsy reasons to prolong the suffering of the people.
Hamas and israel deserve each other, just get the gazan people out of their and they can have their little war.
Original post by #Ridwan
The pro-Palestinians have conveniently ignored this, but Hamas refused Israel's offer to extend the ceasefire earlier today and fired three rockets into Israel.

Care to justify this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28504509

The article says Hamas rejected it as they want a complete end to the fighting and an end to the blockade instead of a ceasefire. They also believed Israel were going to prepare for more attacks during the ceasefire.
Well a few hours ago israel was refusing a ceasefire because hamas was demanding the lifting of the siege of gaza, and that was a condition israel was not going to accept.
I assume israel tied the new bout of ceasefire negotiations with conditions that hamas would not accept.
Both cases are unacceptable and are disgusting flimsy reasons to prolong the suffering of the people.
Hamas and israel deserve each other, just get the gazan people out of their and they can have their little war.

Do you know the difference between a ceasefire and a humanitarian ceasefire, or are you deliberately being obtuse to cover for the disgraceful behaviour of palestinians?

Latest

Trending

Trending