The Student Room Group

Is it because i'm Chinese?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Mr Smurf
Actually the people who claim that there are loads of white girls who would date or fancy Oriental guys are the ones at odds with reality.

I will get over it when I actually see such couples in real life.

Gok Wan's parents
Original post by Anonymous
Aww that's sweet. Thank you so much. I think all I can do tbh is just wait out for when my time comes.
I wish you all the best for your relationships! :biggrin:

Relationships!?
I don't think the problem is that you're Chinese, but because you have low self esteem - or because of the way you carry yourself, it ended up this way. I'm the same as you, I got teased a lot being born in UK but my self esteem is better now.
I wouldn't mind giving you an honest opinion, but I highly doubt it's your ethnicity, unless you're dealing with racist guys there. I don't know how old you are, but I'm going to be a second year in university soon - and all I have to say is that during university and outside of it, there will be plenty of opportunities to meet guys.
Reply 63
Original post by Lil3utterfly
I don't think the problem is that you're Chinese, but because you have low self esteem - or because of the way you carry yourself, it ended up this way. I'm the same as you, I got teased a lot being born in UK but my self esteem is better now.
I wouldn't mind giving you an honest opinion, but I highly doubt it's your ethnicity, unless you're dealing with racist guys there. I don't know how old you are, but I'm going to be a second year in university soon - and all I have to say is that during university and outside of it, there will be plenty of opportunities to meet guys.

This. It was the same for me.... As soon as I started to feel more confident in myself and stop looking for relationships, I got into one as soon as I was beginning to feel better about being in my skin.

You said you knew half the year right - that might be where all the guys feel a bit intimidated. You seem like a smart charismatic fun person and seemingly confident in yourself which means you seem good on your own.

Don't worry about being single, plenty of fish in the sea and you're young! Go enjoy yourself without a boy, worst case pull someone on a night out! :wink:
Original post by HiBear
This. It was the same for me.... As soon as I started to feel more confident in myself and stop looking for relationships, I got into one as soon as I was beginning to feel better about being in my skin.

You said you knew half the year right - that might be where all the guys feel a bit intimidated. You seem like a smart charismatic fun person and seemingly confident in yourself which means you seem good on your own.

Don't worry about being single, plenty of fish in the sea and you're young! Go enjoy yourself without a boy, worst case pull someone on a night out! :wink:

Hahaha yes, interestingly enough - I'm in a relationship now, and feel a lot more confident about myself. When people say 'if you don't love yourself, how do you expect someone to love you?' it's very true.

Possibly so, aww thanks though :smile: I used to worry about being single when I was younger, but I'm pretty happy now. I'm fine being single or not being single, not really a huge problem for me :P
There are pros and cons for both ^^
Reply 65
Actually the people who claim that there are loads of white girls who would date or fancy Oriental guys are the ones at odds with reality.

So it's actually the fault of all white girls in the world.?
Reply 66
Original post by amylouisenic
It's awful that people have been that racist to you, it really is. But that entire post is so racist to white people. Obviously, you've had really bad experiences with SOME white people, but that sweeping racial generalisation disgusts me tbh.

This same person was also racist and stereotypical of black men and British women in one of her posts she has been reported. It's odd that she is complaining about racism and yet does not notice she too is a racist.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Clip
So it's actually the fault of all white girls in the world.?

No it's not their fault they are not attracted to Oriental guys. That doesn't mean I can't be sad because of it.
Original post by honeyandlemon
England is really racist. Last summer I went on a date with a white man and he was racist to me on the date!

Why don't you just date another Chinese guy? He'll treat you better.

I would like to know if you not mind sharing how exactly this guy treated you on this date if you don't mind sharing. Was he knowingly being racist or was it just ignorant comments perhaps that he was not aware was racist?
No it's not their fault they are not attracted to Oriental guys. That doesn't mean I can't be sad because of it.

You could just stop wanting what you can't have I guess.

"Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" and all that.
Reply 70
Original post by Nigella
Not at all :smile: I'm a black girl and according to every website and forum I am 'undesirable' and despite that I have white guys approach me alot.

You'll be fine :smile:

What gibberish, it's alright to blow your own trumpet but please don't make such silly claims.

It's true there are not a load of white girls dating oriental guys but occasionally I have seen one or two. I think now that China is a major financial world power it will increase much more, women always like men with wealth.

Of course they may not want to date you because of your looks but if your pockets are deep enough I am sure you will grab their attention.

Not to say that white women only date oriental guys for money though it does seem to be the case that they gravitate to wealthy individuals whatever race.
Reply 72
In honest opinion, I'm not here fishing for compliments or sympathy, this is a genuine problem that I'm having and some genuine advice would reassure me.
I'm a British born Chinese girl, 5'3 and I wouldn't say I was ugly but I'm definitely not pretty - just below average.
So having been living in the UK for all my life, I've always been a victim of racial bullying that was until I got into university. I think being called 'chinky' n all the **** has literally lowered my self esteem. And I've always felt ugly next to my friends whereby guys always choose them over me like being partners or such. i was always the one left with no partner until a friend's would feel sorry for me and be my partner. I've never really had a boyfriend, been asked out or even kissed. I've tried internet dating, but realistically, I findthey don't work out. I have penty of male friends but I always find myself friendzoned or they end up liking my friend's. I am a sociable person but its like guys never ask for my number or show any interest. I'm already 20 so I'm beginning to feel like there's something wrong with the way I look. I'm fashionable, don't wear tonns of makeup, play games, watch anime, smart. I'm currently studying a respectable degree, I drink n all that but I've literally got nothing and its making me feel like ill forever be alone.
There must be a reason why I'm getting no guys. I'm not desperate, its the fact that everyone around me can easily get someone...I've liked a few guys but they just don't return the feelings and I know it can't be forced.

My friend and I were walking along the trail and there were about like 10 people walking along the trail too. All like white guys, I think one girl, white too. Ok also were in 6th grade fwi all of us. Anyways, they saw us and were like making fun of us like saying Ni Hao, even tho we perfectly speak English and they know it. Since we were both adopted and I'm not even from China! I'm from Korea! And they were slanting their eyes at us and you know, making fun of us. They were also laughing and doing stupid stuff. Also, in the past people made fun of us just because we're from Asia, I mean, why do people do this? Especially white guys? I'm not hating on them. My friend and I have been teased so many times, just because we're Asia

Dont't worry about it OP it's not your faultIt's only the English who are racist, just look at the BNP. History shows that the English think that they are superior to everyone and that they own the whole world.

On the whole, English people are very very racists the problem is them not you,those people are racist because they never went outside their country ,they don't know how kind are people outside of this country.
Aww you cutie. Yeah, I literally have to pretend it doesn't bother me but it hurts. I haven't heard any racial comments in uni thankfully.

My social life is great. I literally try to talk to everyone. I'm in 2 societies and they're all friendly n all but majority of the guys I like usually have a gf. Not to be cocky or anything but I am quite popular on my course because I'm friends with nearly half the people on my course which has 140 students. I'm known to be friendly so I don't see where I'm going wrong.

My hair is black, long. I usually just leave it down and add a bit of volume to it. Makeup wise, I use bbcream, eyeliner, mascara, blush but I keep it all natural. My dress sense is more cutesy/sophisticated. So I like wearing cute skirts, matching it with cute blouses. Or wear dresses with tights. Ive actually changed a lot since high school. I think maybe its my looks that's letting me down tbh :/

lol You should really just post a photo. I've known a lot of girls that describe their dress sense as 'cute' or whatever but then they actually just look ridiculous.
Original post by Clip
Easier said than done. They got important work to do, like all those secret missions on Black Ops.

Call of Duty don't play itself, babe.

I don't even own black ops. I do have important work to do though. Too bad I waste my time on TSR reading racist threads lmao.
Reply 75
Original post by Mancini
What gibberish, it's alright to blow your own trumpet but please don't make such silly claims.

excuse you....
Reply 76

Have you ever considered it might be just you?

Otherwise, your thesis would be destroyed by evidence of any white girl that was attracted to a chinese bloke.

How many would you need to see in order to be persuaded that you are incorrect? 1? 5? 100?

It's only my opinion - but I think you've got a serious neurosis over this whole thing, and have gone to "If I don't see it, it doesn't exist".
Original post by Clip
Have you ever considered it might be just you?

Otherwise, your thesis would be destroyed by evidence of any white girl that was attracted to a chinese bloke.

How many would you need to see in order to be persuaded that you are incorrect? 1? 5? 100?

It's only my opinion - but I think you've got a serious neurosis over this whole thing, and have gone to "If I don't see it, it doesn't exist".

Have yet to come across a single white girl who fancies or dates an Oriental guy in real life.

Like I said in another thread, come up with a routine that would help me attract a white girl and I will give you £440.
Reply 78
Have yet to come across a single white girl who fancies or dates an Oriental guy in real life.

I haven't ever seen the Sydney Opera House in real life, but I don't doubt that it exists.

Why do you insist on denying that these girls exist when they plainly do? You must be wilfully blinding yourself to reality.

Like I said in another thread, come up with a routine that would help me attract a white girl and I will give you £440.

You're completely missing the point. Firstly, I'm not Cyrano de Bergerac for Asians.

Secondly, this doesn't address the Brontosaurus in the room - which is that it might be nothing to do with being Asian/Chinese/Oriental - but it might be something peculiar to yourself.

Thirdly - why £440?

I know some. And have seen more in my travels. Also I've had white gfs so theres that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending