The Student Room Group

What should I do for my 18th birthday?

Just what the title says.

Basically I need ideas for what to do. I can't have a party or go clubbing cos I don't drink alcohol, and I wanna invite like 30 people. I don't wanna do something like bowling cos we do that a lot and my birthday is gonna be like the last time my friends all see each other properly because we're going off to uni. So I wanna do something special.

If it helps I live in London so any ideas for things that big groups do in London would be welcome :wink:

thanks in advance xx

Update: I was thinking of having a massive picnic in regents park - and everyone could come dressed in a highschool theme because we've all just left school, but I wasn't sure what we could do after, like are there any cool things to so in the regents park area, like for a large group of people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Have a nice meal? Have you got a budget?
Go to an all you can eat:biggrin:
Go camping.... Sit with your family and friends- your loved ones and share funny stories and personal experiences with each other....

It depends what u like... What sort of person are u... Indoor's or outdoors?
Reply 4
Smoke a higher dosage of kush?
http://www.icebarlondon.com/

I presume most of your friends are 18 since you are born in july you would be one of the latest to turn 18 in the academic year or you could go during the day ... i know people who have been there for 'birthday treats'. Since you are turning 18 it might be nice to do somthing drinking related.
Reply 6
Original post by Phoebe Joan xo
http://www.icebarlondon.com/

I presume most of your friends are 18 since you are born in july you would be one of the latest to turn 18 in the academic year or you could go during the day ... i know people who have been there for 'birthday treats'. Since you are turning 18 it might be nice to do somthing drinking related.

I can't drink :/ but iceboat does sound awesome, I looked into that but I didn't want to be going to like a drinking place if I wasn't planning on drinking anything.. Though I haven't pushed the idea out of my head completely yet :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by kumon
Smoke a higher dosage of kush?

Hahaha, erm maybe not?!! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Chocolate2014
Go camping.... Sit with your family and friends- your loved ones and share funny stories and personal experiences with each other....

It depends what u like... What sort of person are u... Indoor's or outdoors?

I can do indoors and outdoors I guess... That sounds like a good idea but my family and friends don't really know each other, and memories that my friends share would probably not be welcomed by my parents!! But thanks for the awesome suggestion :wink:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Hachik0
Go to an all you can eat:biggrin:

FOOOODDDD!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by DiddyDec
Have a nice meal? Have you got a budget?

I think I wanted to do something relatively cheap so I could save as much money as possible for uni, and I don't think I'll be able to buy food for 40 people!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reddish
I can't drink :/ but iceboat does sound awesome, I looked into that but I didn't want to be going to like a drinking place if I wasn't planning on drinking anything.. Though I haven't pushed the idea out of my head completely yet :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I didnt see that in the first message. The way you said it sounded like you 100% cant drink because of a medical reason or somthing but now you said u havent pushed the idea out your head makes you seen your chosing not to drink. obviously you want to enjoy your party but so have your guests and they might enjoy the alcohol and anyway the unique feature of it is the ice rather than the drinking so you could still have a soft drink and enjoy yourself.
Reply 12
Original post by Phoebe Joan xo
Sorry I didnt see that in the first message. The way you said it sounded like you 100% cant drink because of a medical reason or somthing but now you said u havent pushed the idea out your head makes you seen your chosing not to drink. obviously you want to enjoy your party but so have your guests and they might enjoy the alcohol and anyway the unique feature of it is the ice rather than the drinking so you could still have a soft drink and enjoy yourself.

Yep I definitely can't drink, but when I said I hadn't pushed the idea away I meant I could get a soft drink because like you said the ice was the best part :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Update: I was thinking of having a massive picnic in regents park - and everyone could come dressed in a highschool theme because we've all just left school, but I wasn't sure what we could do after, like are there any cool things to so in the regents park area, like for a large group of people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
tea party
get ****ed up on drugs cause once your 18 that ****s legal enough.
Reply 16
Original post by martin jol
get ****ed up on drugs cause once your 18 that ****s legal enough.

Hmmm... Maybe not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by ChickenMadness
tea party

That actually sounds pretty cool, but where would we have this tea party?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reddish
That actually sounds pretty cool, but where would we have this tea party?

Posted from TSR Mobile

like tea and cake in your house lol. My sister used to do them a lot at uni cus she doesn't drink. You can make it fancy dress for the lols
Reply 19
Original post by ChickenMadness
like tea and cake in your house lol. My sister used to do them a lot at uni cus she doesn't drink. You can make it fancy dress for the lols

That would be amazing :smile: the only problem is I can't squeeze like 40 people into my house. ;(((

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending