The Student Room Group

I'm a 2:2 graduate I can't even get minimum wage jobs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fat_hobbit
I can say the same about you tbh. And the OP.

Yes I would have loved to have worked at IBM, but it was not meant to be.

I think with your experience and decent set of alevels, your hunger will stand out then.
Original post by SloaneRanger
Depends how they assess it with spps i bought a student copy and gave it to someone to do,LMAO. Same can be done with this degree of yours, i read you can buy copies of the software from the uni and do it from home,lol. I am reading it so your practicals arent that hard, like when i had lab i would set there betting on stuff or trading cfds, pretend to do the work go out then call someone then say need this. Send it to that person then get it in for the deadline, funny in it,lol. Im reading your practicals you can take them away so you could easily "outsource". Think of me like capgemmi haha, why didnt you think of this!

Right, so I take it you can program in java now?
I can say the same about you tbh. And the OP.

Yes I would have loved to have worked at IBM, but it was not meant to be.

Well I don't spend everyday trying to prove my degree to people and writing on the careers section of TSR. My hurt is nowhere near as amplified as yours. Quite simply, your self-esteem is as low as that of a pubescent teenage girl's and you really really care what people , even randomers, think. To me, this demonstrates an obviously big self-esteem issue.

I have goals and dreams I want to achieve. With you it is an obsession, an obsession to convince people that you were wronged and that the whole system has conspired against you. Goals and dreams are pure, good. Obsessions, the vast majority of the time, as in your case, aren't.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Well I don't spend everyday trying to prove my degree to people and writing on the careers section of TSR. My hurt is nowhere near as amplified as yours. Quite simply, your self-esteem is as low as that of a pubescent teenage girl's and you really really care what people , even randomers, think. To me, this demonstrates an obviously big self-esteem issue.

I have goals and dreams I want to achieve. With you it is an obsession, an obsession to convince people that you were wronged and that the whole system has conspired against you. Goals and dreams are pure, good. Obsessions, the vast majority of the time, as in your case, aren't.

I am just having a debate here, about how the system can be reformed like IBMs ironically.

So people who did put the effort in and made amends at uni /masters etc get a shot at the trying to get onto a grad scheme.

Stop getting all pissy and personal.
Right, so I take it you can program in java now?

No i wouldnt even say im great with any statistics programs besides keeping track on a spreadsheet of what GP ive gone. I can delegate tasks, that is what a good leader does. But if i got an assignment i would have a go to guy. My lebron... A smart worker does minimal work for maximum gain!
(edited 9 years ago)
Worry about yourself mate, you are the unemployed one.

I actually dont give a **** like you and sloane do.

See exactly. Conveniently skipping the wrong you did to the boy again. Would anyone here take advice from this man who ruined someone's life? I think not. I thought you were better than that, but obviously not.
See exactly. Conveniently skipping the wrong you did to the boy again. Would anyone here take advice from this man who ruined someone's life? I think not. I thought you were better than that, but obviously not.

Sloane fabricates ****.

Only because he is your best friend now, does not mean you should take everything he says as gospel.

He is an A class troll.
Only read the OP. Just want to jump in here.

First of all, a 2:2 is something a 12 year old could achieve in Computer Science.

Secondly, it's only been a couple of months, some people are looking for 9-12 months.

Thirdly, enhance yourself.

Fourthly, you should have done a better, more intense course.

Lastly, just reiterating the first point, it's only a 2:2 in Computer Science. Don't want to make you feel like you wasted your years and time but... Hmm.
Sloane fabricates ****.

Only because he is your best friend now, does not mean you should take everything he says as gospel.

He is an A class troll.

Well, you have not denied the allegations. These have been consistent allegations with a consistent set of facts. Innocent until proven guilty, but he has made a bold claim of having evidence. All I need to do is ask him. So are you going to deny his consistent claims?
No i wouldnt even say im great with any statistics programs besides keeping track on a spreadsheet of what GP ive gone. I can delegate tasks, that is what a good leader does. But if i got an assignment i would have a go to guy. My lebron... A smart worker does minimal work for maximum gain!

So you get someone else to do the assignments. i.e. cheating.

And then you have the cheek to tell everyone TSR to get a 2.1 at a top uni is all about innate intelligence? A bit rich don't you think.

You are not passing these degrees on your own merit by the sounds of it.
Sloane fabricates ****.

He is an A class troll.

That kid use to post on here for advice everyday now its straight to my inbox,lol.
So you get someone else to do the assignments. i.e. cheating.

And then you have the cheek to tell everyone TSR to get a 2.1 at a top uni is all about innate intelligence? A bit rich don't you think.

You are not passing these degrees on your own merit by the sounds of it.

Its strategy i posted the link from the evening standard on here

But here it is...

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/schools-not-out-for-summer-londons-superrich-are-flying-private-tutors-out-to-their-yachts-to-get-their-children-in-to-top-schools-9611409.html

So many people have coaches, so man utd arent a good team because they have a manager? Same as federer and nadal, there coaches help them but they couldnt make the shots they play, lmao.
Well, you have not denied the allegations. These have been consistent allegations with a consistent set of facts. Innocent until proven guilty, but he has made a bold claim of having evidence. All I need to do is ask him. So are you going to deny his consistent claims?

Honestly, I can't be ****ed.

Either you take his word or mine, but seeing you are taking his word over mine, goes to show how much you value our friendship.

I added Sloane, Jalebi and socialnoob on facebook, we used to spend half of our time talking about the NBA, exchanging betting tips. Jalebi only used to talk to me about basketball, that's it. I met them all from TSR betting thread.

Sloane is the one who would talk about academia and ****.

I told Jalebi to retake his ALs and try and get into the best institute, as I am aware of the importance of UCAS points these days.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheBallWinner
Only read the OP. Just want to jump in here.

First of all, a 2:2 is something a 12 year old could achieve in Computer Science.

Secondly, it's only been a couple of months, some people are looking for 9-12 months.

Thirdly, enhance yourself.

Fourthly, you should have done a better, more intense course.

Lastly, just reiterating the first point, it's only a 2:2 in Computer Science. Don't want to make you feel like you wasted your years and time but... Hmm.

Bolded part is all you needed to say to the guy really. Rest is just flogging a dead horse really, and the guy has been flogged more than enough already. Still, he was pretty idiotic to ask such a silly question on TSR of all places. Where, lets face it, the students are economically fascist.

Either you take his word or mine, but seeing you are taking his word over mine, goes to show how much you value our friendship.

I added Sloane, Jalebi and socialnoob on facebook, we used to spend half of our time talking about the NBA, exchanging betting tips. Jalebi only used to talk to me about basketball, that's it. I met them all from TSR betting thread.

I told Jalebi to retake his ALs and try and get into the best institute, as I am aware of the importance of UCAS points these days.

I will give you your dues, you were just being tight with the kid and telling him not to spend money. What did you expect if he didnt get a tutor to teach him it would end up C's and D's and BCU. You were arguing over investment into education with me, he was looking to listen to you as a quick option instead of actually forking out money. Now he is upset.
(edited 9 years ago)
Its strategy i posted the link from the evening standard on here

But here it is...

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/schools-not-out-for-summer-londons-superrich-are-flying-private-tutors-out-to-their-yachts-to-get-their-children-in-to-top-schools-9611409.html

So many people have coaches, so man utd arent a good team because they have a manager? Same as federer and nadal, there coaches help them but they couldnt make the shots they play, lmao.

Yeah, but the difference between you and say Stephen Hawking for example is that the latter is actually a genius, you are a parrot that needs extensive coaching. Which is further prove that environmental factors influence AL/degree results rather than innate ability.

So as everyone matures differently academically (my exam technique improved at uni big time, good department), using something like AL marks as a benchmark of intelligence means little. So by arguing the point they want the most intelligent people in corporate companies is a bit rich, because ironically you are a case study of someone who paid his way to get the top marks.
(edited 9 years ago)

I added Sloane, Jalebi and socialnoob on facebook, we used to spend half of our time talking about the NBA exchanging betting tips. Jalebi only used to talk to me about basketball, that's it.

I told Jalebi to retake his ALs and try and get into the best institute.

Yeah, whatever, everyone is a bad guy except you Sam. I don't give a **** about Sloane, I just don't like your craic. Talking to you is like attending a depressive's anonymous meet. You're an emotionally unstable wreck.
Yeah, but the difference between you and say Stephen Hawking for example is that the latter is actually a genius, you are a parrot that needs extensive coaching. Which is further prove that environmental factors influence AL/degree results rather than innate ability.

So as everyone matures differently academically (my exam technique improved at uni big time, good department), using something like AL marks as a benchmark of intelligence means little. So by arguing the point they want the most intelligent people in corporate companies is a bit rich, because ironically you are a case study of someone who paid his way to get the top marks.

I earned them still had to go to the exams in regulated conditions, spend hours practicing. And got biology and chemistry As at AS atm, first sitting!
I will give you your dues, you were just being tight with the kid and telling him not to spend money. What did you expect if he didnt get a tutor to teach him it would end up C's and D's and BCU. You were arguing over investment into education with me, he was looking to listen to you as a quick option instead of actually forking out money. Now he is upset.

I told him to get a tutor mate.

Selective memory.

But as you've raised the topic.

You know there are many poor families out there that cant afford one. The education/corporate system is rigged towards the rich. People like you paying your way to top marks by having access to the best facilities. The only way a poor person can break out of the cycle, is if they are actually gifted intellectually, which you are not.

I predict the rich will get richer, poor will get poorer.

Has nothing to do with intelligence.
I earned them still had to go to the exams in regulated conditions, spend hours practicing. And got biology and chemistry As at AS atm, first sitting!

Well you are private school educated, and I am sure you had tutors back then as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending