The Student Room Group

What would you do if someone proposed to you in public after six months?

And when I say in public I mean he/she made a big thing about it in a restaurant or something. What would you do?

Bonus question- What if it'd only been a month?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well obviously the guy has a problem if he proposes way too early and puts himself in a situation like that. There's not really any gentle way to deal with it, I'd probably be like "wut" and just tell him I can't marry him. It's his own fault if he feels humiliated and I'd actually probably be pretty mad at him for forcing me in that situation and making me look like a bitch
I would calmly state that we've only been dating for 6 months, so no I will not marry him.
Hmm I really hate public proposals they're just so damn awkward, if it had been six months and I knew I loved him then I'd say yes and give him he'll over doing it in public, if I wasn't ready I'd just tell him that I'm not ready yet

After a month I would decline in the nicest way possible but I'd still be pretty pissed about it being in public
If it had only been a month, then it might go something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jpMBS81X0c
I'd be like AW HELL NAW BRUH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Say YES if you want to marry him and NO if you don't.

Am I missing something?
I'd just say I appreciate his feelings but I'd want to wait longer before commitment like that.
Original post by Secretnerd123
I'd be like AW HELL NAW BRUH

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're so romantic.
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
Say YES if you want to marry him and NO if you don't.

Am I missing something?

Rejecting him might humiliate him in front of everyone, and make the girl seem insensitive.
Original post by TSA
You're so romantic.

I try :wink:
Original post by brownsugar-xx
Rejecting him might humiliate him in front of everyone, and make the girl seem insensitive.

Thats the great risk you take with public proposals.
Reply 12
Original post by EllieC130
And when I say in public I mean he/she made a big thing about it in a restaurant or something. What would you do?

Bonus question- What if it'd only been a month?

Walk off and pretend that I didnt know them. Literally walk away from the table and out the restraunt asap!
I find proposals in the middle of the street weird, I'd want something a bit classier, but I mean if I loved the guy after 6 months and was in the position to get married they I would but never after a month,
If he did propose after a month I'd probably think he did it on purpose so that I would look like a complete cow for saying no :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
Thats the great risk you take with public proposals.

which is why i don't think i'll ever want one :no:
I try :wink:

When you say "AW HELL NAW BRUH" would you waggle your finger and move your neck side to side as well?
Original post by TSA
When you say "AW HELL NAW BRUH" would you waggle your finger and move your neck side to side as well?

AW HELL YEAH. I'd then leave and come back in a few seconds later after realising I forgot my chicken. I'd grab it and then run for the hills :cool:
AW HELL YEAH. I'd then leave and come back in a few seconds later after realising I forgot my chicken. I'd grab it and then run for the hills :cool:

Chicken? Was he proposing in KFC or was he a bit more classy doing it in Nandos?
Original post by TSA
Chicken? Was he proposing in KFC or was he a bit more classy doing it in Nandos?

Its all about Sam's chicken :drool:
Its all about Sam's chicken :drool:

Why did you say no, he obviously knows how to treat a woman.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending