The Student Room Group

Post a pic of your cat(s)!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XMaramena
My mum rescued her rather dramatically - she was stuck in a palm tree in one of the Sheikh's palaces that we lived near, mum went banging on the front gate until security let her in, climbed the tree then I got a call from her at about 1am - "I've got a kitten, open the gate, dammit!"

Your mum is such a don :cool:

Which country are you from?

Mine had a drugs problem in the early noughties and never really recovered
Original post by Secretnerd123
Your mum is such a don :cool:

Which country are you from?

England :P But we lived in Dubai for 5-6 years.... (not sure if 5, or 6, think it's 5 and a half :P)
Original post by TheAnusFiles

LOL'd
Original post by spanker
:colone:
Give me all the cats!

My little fluffy has 3 white hairs on her chest though!

You're bull****ting me right?

Truffle has the same!

rofl you made me wee a little
England :P But we lived in Dubai for 5-6 years.... (not sure if 5, or 6, think it's 5 and a half :P)

Omg have you seen how many stray cats there are in dubai? I stayed in a hotel near the gold souk in my last holiday there and they were honestly everywhere! They looked so skinny and infected :/
rofl you made me wee a little

I showed my sisters that funny pic of the 'druggy cat' and they didn't find it funny at all (I lol'd for like 2 mins). Not many have the same sense of humour :five:

:rofl3: PRSOM.
You're bull****ting me right?

Truffle has the same!

You can even see the hairs in the picture.
Maybe both cats like to be different and grow 3 hairs!
These are three of my 5 cats - Twiglet at the top, Amber in the middle (twiggy's mother), and then Truffle, the youngest, at the bottom. All three of them former feral cats rescued while living in the middle east.

Then this was our dear Cleo - my special one, who we sadly had to give away to family up north. I miss her so much. Again, feral rescue cat who turned into a complete darling!

Then there's Snowy - he was lovely with us, but fought with the others so we gave him to a nice local - who it turned out had a ridiculously large amount of money and built Snowy his own sort of mini-house within his apartment with a sofa painted in gold, a crazily over the top scratching post etc. :P Ah that's one lucky cat!

Why is the black one (truffle?) lying there like

Draw me like one of your french girls
Omg have you seen how many stray cats there are in dubai? I stayed in a hotel near the gold souk in my last holiday there and they were honestly everywhere! They looked so skinny and infected :/

There were maybe 20 or 30 on my street alone. They live out of the bins - in Dubai, they don't have the wheelie bin system we have in the UK, they have a big skip-type thing with about 3 on each street you carry your rubbish out to every night. You'll have 5 or 6 - sometimes more - cats living on scraps from each one. Then there's the ones that live in garages and cars and such like. That's why you'll see that our cats have clipped ears - it's a sign that they're spayed/neutered, so that the government know to leave them alone if they're out culling them.

There's a charity called "Feline Friends" which I'd strongly suggest you look into raising money for if you're into that - they have a neuter and release program to try and keep the population down without having to resort to culling.

Yeah, the area around the gold souk (I'm assuming you mean the Gold and Diamond Park?) doesn't have as many cats as other areas - I lived in Jumeirah 2, one of the worst areas - ask anyone who lived in Jumeirah, it's just non stop meows and cat fights all night long that keeps you awake, there are so many.
Original post by tsa
why is the black one (truffle?) lying there like

draw me like one of your french girls

coz thats how she rollz
Pic number one - Rambo
Pic number two - Mylo
Pic number three - Nibbler
Pic number four - Rambo and Nibbler (they are from the same litter)
Posted from TSR Mobile
There were maybe 20 or 30 on my street alone. They live out of the bins - in Dubai, they don't have the wheelie bin system we have in the UK, they have a big skip-type thing with about 3 on each street you carry your rubbish out to every night. You'll have 5 or 6 - sometimes more - cats living on scraps from each one. Then there's the ones that live in garages and cars and such like. That's why you'll see that our cats have clipped ears - it's a sign that they're spayed/neutered, so that the government know to leave them alone if they're out culling them.

There's a charity called "Feline Friends" which I'd strongly suggest you look into raising money for if you're into that - they have a neuter and release program to try and keep the population down without having to resort to culling.

Yeah, the area around the gold souk (I'm assuming you mean the Gold and Diamond Park?) doesn't have as many cats as other areas - I lived in Jumeirah 2, one of the worst areas - ask anyone who lived in Jumeirah, it's just non stop meows and cat fights all night long that keeps you awake, there are so many.

Damn.

Do you recommend teaching in dubai? I'm thinking about moving there once I qualify as a primary school teacher because I hear the pay is amazing and no tax for brit teachers. I just dont know if i could handle the heat and getting around places because I don't really want to drive (how much do personal cheauffers cost?)

Original post by Yasmin25
Pic number one - Rambo
Pic number two - Mylo
Pic number three - Nibbler
Pic number four - Rambo and Nibbler (they are from the same litter)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Awwwwwww!!

Are rambo and nibbler related?
Damn.

Do you recommend teaching in dubai? I'm thinking about moving there once I qualify as a primary school teacher because I hear the pay is amazing and no tax for brit teachers. I just dont know if i could handle the heat and getting around places because I don't really want to drive (how much do personal cheauffers cost?)

Awwwwwww!!

Are rambo and nibbler related?

Yip they are brother and sister :smile: both 8 yrs old but still act like kittens :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just heard two cats fighting on my street it sounded terrible, both hissing and screaming.

I ran out as fast as I could but I only saw one ran away. I felt so bad as I felt one of them may have died....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yip they are brother and sister :smile: both 8 yrs old but still act like kittens :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww bless em. btw when do cats start becoming lazy? Mine sleeps alot but is hyper at night when we tease her witha bit of string.

And btw, when do cats normally scratch their owner? Only when hurt?
Aww bless em. btw when do cats start becoming lazy? Mine sleeps alot but is hyper at night when we tease her witha bit of string.

And btw, when do cats normally scratch their owner? Only when hurt?

Cats are known for being lazy from the moment they are born, they just hide it better when they are kittens :tongue:
Rambo and Nibbler sleep all day but wake up instantly as soon as they hear you going into the kitchen lol. They are also hyper at night or really early morning which is irritating but you get used to it lol.

My cats have only ever scratched me by accident like if I'm dangling string or a straw and they are trying to catch it and scratch me by accident. Never been hurt maliciously by them though. They could scratch their owner and become easily agitated while hurt yeah. Every cat is different. Rambo and Nibbler only scratch by accident while playing, Mylo would scratch if you went near his belly and you get some cats that scratch their owners just for the hell of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cats are known for being lazy from the moment they are born, they just hide it better when they are kittens :tongue:
Rambo and Nibbler sleep all day but wake up instantly as soon as they hear you going into the kitchen lol. They are also hyper at night or really early morning which is irritating but you get used to it lol.

My cats have only ever scratched me by accident like if I'm dangling string or a straw and they are trying to catch it and scratch me by accident. Never been hurt maliciously by them though. They could scratch their owner and become easily agitated while hurt yeah. Every cat is different. Rambo and Nibbler only scratch by accident while playing, Mylo would scratch if you went near his belly and you get some cats that scratch their owners just for the hell of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How painful are cat scratches?

Quick Reply

Latest