The Student Room Group

Cannabis possession and applications

----
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
---
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by udt12
I managed to get caught with a bit of weed not too long ago and the police gave me a £90 PND (Penalty notice of disorder). The police officer at the time told me it's only ever an issue if you want to become a police officer but he didn't seem too knowledgable around the issue.

So my questions are:
- Do any IB/consultancy places require DBSs (CRB in the past)?
- If so, are they enhanced or standard?
- Does a cannabis PND come back under either check?

Thanks

1. Yes, although not always.
2. Standard
3. No, as it is not a criminal record. Technically in an enhanced check it could show up, just as anything the police know about you could be listed, but unlikely.

Btw, bankers HATE spliff. Only alcohol and coke are allowed. Anything else is very unsmart and low life.
Reply 3
You've pretty much ****ed it.
Original post by ldsbabe

You pretty much have no idea what you're talking about.
Reply 5
Original post by ldsbabe

Yeah get out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by speedbird
You pretty much have no idea what you're talking about.

PNDs show up on CRBs and back ground checks, google it inspector morse.
The following are not convictions, cautions, final warnings or reprimands and will not be disclosed on a standard DBS check. As local records, they may be disclosed on an enhanced DBS check at the discretion of the Chief Constable:

Harassment warnings: only becomes a criminal matter if breached
Anti-social behaviour orders (ASBOs): only becomes a criminal matter if breached
Community resolution orders
Cannabis warnings (usually issued on the street)
Fixed penalty notices (FPNs)
Penalty notices for disorder (PNDs)

http://www.nacro.org.uk/what-we-do/resettlement-advice-service/support-for-individuals/advice/frequently-asked-questions/criminal-records-and-dbs-crb-checks,1616,NAP.html
Reply 8
---
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ldsbabe
PNDs show up on CRBs and back ground checks, google it inspector morse.

No. You're wrong.
Original post by udt12
Thanks guys. You seem pretty knowledgable around this so I wanted to ask a follow-up question.
Do I need to disclose this for a US Visa/Visa waiver? who I believe undertake an ACPO?

As a PND doesn't involve an arrest or an admission of guilt (it isn't a criminal record) I would say it's a bit of a grey area. The US would have no way of knowing, and they do not carry DBS checks.
Reply 11
---
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending