The Student Room Group

The Secret Life of Students on Channel 4

Scroll to see replies

You can't expect much from channel 4.
Original post by Jordanap
I dont even understand that at this time of the morning

:rofl:
It just makes me imagine a guy eating some chick out and someone giving birth at the same time - which does not go together well...enough to put me off pussy fo' life.

also, if you live in the UK then wtf it's only 00:15 :laugh: hardly morning.

'Enslave him to my pussy' dear lord...
(edited 9 years ago)
Who gave her racial abuse?
Leicester has a page dedicated to TSLOS, which has Q&As with all the students.

http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/press/the-secret-life-of-students
Perhaps Brenda needs a few years of growing up to do mentally. But she will know in her second and third year things will change

Nightworld1066
Original post by EmmaVicky32
I've been enjoying it because I'm looking at going to university next year (2015). I'm looking to stay in halls and so I was hoping that the show would show some more mature students (I'm going to be 33 when I go next year). Obviously an older person sipping on their cocoa while studying doesn't make good TV lol. I will hopefully go out and bond with the younger students. I do have a fairly young outlook on life and I'm determined to enjoy my university experience. Overall the show is good in showing me what to expect. It shows the consequences of partying and pushing yourself too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd love to be that guy who banged the 30 year old in halls. No offence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reluire
I'm sure Channel 4 did warp things slightly for entertainment purposes as she implies, but all she does in this blog is moan and make excuses to justify her bad attitude. The insomnia claim is rubbish - that was never mentioned by her in the documentary; and when she was asked by her tutors why she didn't turn up for 9am lectures she just shrugged and said she didn't really have a reason. Even if she did have any element of insomnia, it'll be because she spent all night on her phone texting Troy and tweeting garbage.

Agreed, and for the pregnancy it was her fault for having unprotected sex. She's just spouting loads of excuses to try make up for her bad behaviour.

Sure, she may have needed some equipment but she didn't need to spend £300 on clothes through an overdraft. That's really her own fault. If people like her thought more before spending their money, they wouldn't have as many problems. And her grant was probably delayed because she didn't apply for student finance in time. Too many people mess around with that too then whine when they don't get it in time.

Original post by ArchaeoStudy
Leicester has a page dedicated to TSLOS, which has Q&As with all the students.

http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/press/the-secret-life-of-students

haha, Aiden's Q&A, can't say I'm surprised.
Reply 508
Original post by Reluire
I'm sure Channel 4 did warp things slightly for entertainment purposes as she implies, but all she does in this blog is moan and make excuses to justify her bad attitude. The insomnia claim is rubbish - that was never mentioned by her in the documentary; and when she was asked by her tutors why she didn't turn up for 9am lectures she just shrugged and said she didn't really have a reason. Even if she did have any element of insomnia, it'll be because she spent all night on her phone texting Troy and tweeting garbage.

For all we know, she did mention it in the documentary but Channel 4/Raw TV could've edited that part out. Also, I think in her q&a with Leicester Uni she said she was diagnosed with it in year 11 sooo.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mynameisntdoug
Agreed, and for the pregnancy it was her fault for having unprotected sex. She's just spouting loads of excuses to try make up for her bad behaviour.

Sure, she may have needed some equipment but she didn't need to spend £300 on clothes through an overdraft. That's really her own fault. If people like her thought more before spending their money, they wouldn't have as many problems. And her grant was probably delayed because she didn't apply for student finance in time. Too many people mess around with that too then whine when they don't get it in time.

haha, Aiden's Q&A, can't say I'm surprised.

How did you know she had unprotected sex...? Condoms aren't 100% effective nor is the pill
Original post by OnionRing
How did you know she had unprotected sex...? Condoms aren't 100% effective nor is the pill

It was mentioned somewhere wasn't it? Or am I thinking of Josie?

You're thinking of Josie, 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only really thought Tanya, Hassan and Luke were decent.
Original post by haleeema
Hassan's little lecture on fruit I thought was quite amusing and I liked Ben too. He seemed to look out for everyone, and his last minute application reminds me of myself haha

Ditto, but I had 24 hours before the deadline haha, had to call my school quickly to get my reference done!
Idk how people like Ben, he annoyed me so much, pretty sure he's a closet homosexual too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair play to Aiden
Reply 516
Original post by orange crush
Slightly confused why you would "hate" someone for wanting to go out partying in his first year. Besides he didn't actually drop out and I kinda think the whole thing was a bit of a camera-charade

He did end up dropping out lol. Think he's teaching English in China now or something along those lines.
Original post by 2dw
He did end up dropping out lol. Think he's teaching English in China now or something along those lines.

Nah he's taking a year out then going back to finish his degree.
Reply 518
Original post by Reluire

How do you know she never mentioned it on the show or to her tutors? She could have easily said it and the producers just edited it out or something.

I had extreme insomnia whilst I was at uni and it affected me in the exact same way as it did with Brenda. It really does affect your whole mood and would explain her not turning up to lectures (I did the same thing). Obviously it's not an EXCUSE but I definitely think she is telling the truth about it and it makes a lot more sense.

You are right, she said it in her blog

Quick Reply

Latest