The Student Room Group

How do your parents feel about you dating outside of your race?

Scroll to see replies

I'm a white male and I'd only go white or east Asian, the later may prompt a few jokes but I don't think they'd care. As I don't find black girls attractive and would think any Muslim girl was an idiot they are a non issue.
Original post by ExMus
Afghani

Is she an ex-Muslim too?
Original post by Obiejess
They couldn't care less. Probably because they're not backwards retards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same and for the same reason haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
They couldn't care less. Probably because they're not backwards retards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. If my parents cared more about me "keeping it within the race" than my happiness I'd be embarrassed of them.
Original post by Mr Smurf
They would prefer me dating someone of the same race but that isn't happening since I only like white girls. They wouldn't mind if I did date outside of my race though but white girls aren't into Oriental guys. :frown:

you're wrong btw
Honestly my mum defiently cares. for her it's ALL about keeping it in the race and religion. But me myself I have been into guys from many different races except my own race (weird?). But my mum would defienetly disapprove and would do anything for me to end the relationship.
I'm mixed race, so my family have never had any issues with the races of people I date. It's 2014. It shouldn't matter.

Some disgusting views expressed on this thread though. SMH
I'm a white guy dating a black girl. My parents have no problems but some other family members disapporove....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
The question implies my parents first knowing which is where it breaks down for me I'm afraid.
Original post by noshahmad
I don't really know how my parents would react because practically everyone is my immediate and extended family married Asians,
But I'm attracted to white guys and Asians anyway so I'm sure they'd be okay with it (well at least I hope so)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw lass you're breaking my heart :cry2:
Reply 70
Wow, so many people have racist parents.

Mine wouldn't mind. Personally I wouldn't date any religious person however, but couldn't give less of a **** about their race.
Reply 71
Original post by Abstraction
To think that a person is unattractive due to their colour, you must believe they are inferior in some way. And you subscribe to caste systems. Clear racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are wrong. Sorry. But yes, colour can play an attraction to things. People are more likely to be attracted to a butterfly than a moth for instance. Lol. You see a lot of threads on TSR saying "English people aren't attracted to asian people" or whatever. That doesn't make them racist at all, it just means they aren't attracted. Its not about being inferior whatsoever. If I am not attracted to person b or c, but I am attracted to person a, does that make me a bad person and does that mean I feel person b or c is inferior? No it doesn't. Some people aren't attracted to english people. Some people aren't attracted to indian people. Some people aren't attracted to chinese people. This is normal. It doesn't make any of those people racist. I know that the person you quoted has said some stupid things too so I can understand why you've made your comment, but nonetheless, be careful to call people a racist on a whim.
Original post by goldie56
Aw lass you're breaking my heart :cry2:

Aw why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
They'd prefer I'm with someone of the same race but are happy with them being of a different if they're doing well career wise and are nice etc
As long as they are not a Kuffar

Don't seem to have a chance since I'm black
My mum doesn't care who I date as long as they aren't Muslim
They'd prefer me to be in a relationship within our race, I don't even think they'd like me dating tbh...
Original post by UWS
If it applies to you of course. My dad doesn't give a crap about it but my mum wants me to find a girlfriend of the same race as me yet I prefer to date outside of my race. I watched a documentary of mixed raced couples being a problem in some cultures.

Why do you think my girlfriend is asian but all my one night stands are with white girls? I am Korean by the way so that says it all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
I'm pretty sure my parents don't care about what race I date. However I know some extended family members do, unfortunately for them I don't care about their opinions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending