The Student Room Group

Applying for retail job

I'm applying for various retail part time jobs and I needed to ask a couple of questions.

Firstly is it okay to put my a level predictions of maths,further maths and physics although it has no relevance to the actual job. Also if you know of any firms or job titles which maths a level would be helpful please let me know (I can't think of any lol :tongue:).

Also another problem is that I worked at a restaurant in 2011 for work experience in year 10 but do not have any proof of it... and the place has now closed down :frown:. So my question is should I still put it on my CV as I have no proof?

Thanks for reading hope you can help.
Original post by WinOrDie
I'm applying for various retail part time jobs and I needed to ask a couple of questions.

Firstly is it okay to put my a level predictions of maths,further maths and physics although it has no relevance to the actual job. Also if you know of any firms or job titles which maths a level would be helpful please let me know (I can't think of any lol :tongue:).

Also another problem is that I worked at a restaurant in 2011 for work experience in year 10 but do not have any proof of it... and the place has now closed down :frown:. So my question is should I still put it on my CV as I have no proof?

Thanks for reading hope you can help.

Id still put the restaurant work experience down. You still gained experience at the place at the end of the place, even though the place has since closed down. And that bit of experience may swing it so you get the job. It isnt your fault that the place has since closed. And if you are apply for jobs at shops in your area anyway (im assuming the restaurant that closed down was in your area) then its likely they would have heard of the restaurant and know its closed down anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
Id still put the restaurant work experience down. You still gained experience at the place at the end of the place, even though the place has since closed down. And that bit of experience may swing it so you get the job. It isnt your fault that the place has since closed. And if you are apply for jobs at shops in your area anyway (im assuming the restaurant that closed down was in your area) then its likely they would have heard of the restaurant and know its closed down anyway.

Nope I've moved cities since then haha... my luck
I would still put it down as work experience. You've gained experience with dealing with customers :smile: it's not your fault the restaurant closed down anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope I've moved cities since then haha... my luck

Oh right.
Id still put it down though, as like i said before, at least its some sort of experience and it may help to sway things in your favour. And if anyone asks, you would just have to explain that the place has since closed. You wont be the first person that that has happened to. Im sure they could search for the place on google if they didnt believe you anyway.
Is there anyone at all from the restaurant (even if its not a supervisor/manager) who you could get to give you a reference.
Reply 5
Oh right.
Id still put it down though, as like i said before, at least its some sort of experience and it may help to sway things in your favour. And if anyone asks, you would just have to explain that the place has since closed. You wont be the first person that that has happened to. Im sure they could search for the place on google if they didnt believe you anyway.
Is there anyone at all from the restaurant (even if its not a supervisor/manager) who you could get to give you a reference.

I'm going to try and call them :P but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Also what do you think about me using my a levels and not being relevant?
Reply 6
Original post by ohhello92x
I would still put it down as work experience. You've gained experience with dealing with customers :smile: it's not your fault the restaurant closed down anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think I should using a levels even though they don't help in the job?

Id still put your a-levels on there and that you are currently completing them and probably your predicted grades. It wont hurt. It might even do a bit of good.
And especially if you dont have much to put on your CV (i dont know how much or little you have on there) it might fill it out a bit.
Reply 8
Id still put your a-levels on there and that you are currently completing them and probably your predicted grades. It wont hurt. It might even do a bit of good.
And especially if you dont have much to put on your CV (i dont know how much or little you have on there) it might fill it out a bit.

Ok didn't want to look stupid if I get any interviews.

put them down :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending