The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How about no.
Reply 2
Would be a tory ******** wouldnt it.
Original post by thunder_chunky
How about no.

I would like to know how astrology could even be use in healthcare..?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I would like to know how astrology could even be use in healthcare..?

I bet someone has some BS explanation.
Original post by ldsbabe
Would be a tory ******** wouldnt it.

Yes because his views are clearly representative of the views of the Tory Party. In fact, astrology in healthcare will be part of their next manifesto. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I feel like a nutcase like this should not be in a position of power.
It's weird, I have noticed that right wing people are far more likely to believe really stupid bull**** like homeopathy, astrology etc.
Reply 7
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28464009

Personally, I disagree with him.

I also find it somewhat concerning.

Astrology has a time and a place, but being part of a healthcare service is not it IMHO.

Time: a couple of thousand years ago
Place: anywhere but here (ideally, somewhere wholly uninhabited)

How on Earth would you use astrology in Healthcare? Predict car crashes?
Original post by thunder_chunky
I bet someone has some BS explanation.

'As mecury moves into aries, the best time for your surgery will be...'
Reply 9
Astrology's time was several millennia ago.
Original post by xDave-
Astrology's time was several millennia ago.

I don't know, horoscopes are kinda fun. I enjoy reading them.

Fun being the key word here.
Words fail me.

I'm going to steal the words of Tim MInchin

By definition, alternative medicine has either not been proved to work or been proved not to work. Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work?

Medicine
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by yo radical one
It's weird, I have noticed that right wing people are far more likely to believe really stupid bull**** like homeopathy, astrology etc.

Personally I'd say the people who tend to believe that stuff as well as 'inner energy', go in for paganism/Druidic rituals, believe in new age nonsense like healing crystals etc are overwhelmingly made up of left wing idiots rather than right wing idiots.

As for the MP, it's quite bad enough to believe in astrology in the first place, but how stupid do you have to be to proclaim and defend that ignorance in public - without any evidence to back up your claims?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Wouldn't surprise me if he starts advocating homeopathy or magnetic healing. It's amazing how people who are so gullible and ignorant manage to get into positions of power.
Original post by ClickItBack
Personally I'd say the people who tend to believe that stuff as well as 'inner energy', go in for paganism/Druidic rituals, believe in new age nonsense like healing crystals etc are overwhelmingly made up of left wing idiots rather than right wing idiots.

As for the MP, it's quite bad enough to believe in astrology in the first place, but how stupid do you have to be to proclaim and defend that ignorance in public - without any evidence to back up your claims?

The truth is there are idiots of all socio-political persuasions, trying to say that it is the preserve of the right/left wing just proves that you are one of those idiots.

By astrology I'm assuming he means the Western variety, which, is completely and utterly *******s, even for astrology (they don't adjust their sky charts to account for the movement of earth through space).
If this had been someone from UKIP it would have been headline news.
Original post by yo radical one

The Tory MP does not believe in that stuff himself. He's just saying that it should be part of the health care. He's thinking about the placebo effect.
Original post by Martyn*
The Tory MP does not believe in that stuff himself. He's just saying that it should be part of the health care. He's thinking about the placebo effect.

"David Tredinnick said he had spent 20 years studying astrology and healthcare and was convinced it could work."

"Mr Tredinnick said he had been right about herbal remedies and healing, which he said were now becoming accepted in parts of the NHS, and he now wanted to promote astrology, which was not just predicting the future but gaining an insight into personal problems."

Doesn't sound at all like he's thinking about placebos, he's thinking about actual treatment. Because he believes in it.
Original post by Drewski
"David Tredinnick said he had spent 20 years studying astrology and healthcare and was convinced it could work."

"Mr Tredinnick said he had been right about herbal remedies and healing, which he said were now becoming accepted in parts of the NHS, and he now wanted to promote astrology, which was not just predicting the future but gaining an insight into personal problems."

Doesn't sound at all like he's thinking about placebos, he's thinking about actual treatment. Because he believes in it.

Then I stand corrected.
Jeez. They had quack medicines in the 19th century and now some idiot wants to put them in the health service?

Fun.

Latest

Trending

Trending