The Student Room Group

How do your parents feel about you dating outside of your race?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mick.w
I'm Irish. we hate dating within our race.

how many Irish people have you met?
now compare that to how many people have Irish in their heritage.

sometimes it seems like almost everyone in the world has at least one Irish ancestor creeping in there down the line.

All of my mums side are Irish :biggrin: my nan and grandad didn't care who my mum, auntie and uncles dated :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My parents don't really care who I date as long as I'm happy dating that person :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Med_medine
Why do you think my girlfriend is asian but all my one night stands are with white girls? I am Korean by the way so that says it all

Posted from TSR Mobile

You poor, poor boy. Your genetic predisposition, must be terrible to deal with. No wonder you prefer an Asian girlfriend, it also explains why you only ever have one night stands with white girls. It can't be very nice being laughed at in the bedroom.
Original post by MidnightDream
My parents don't care about the race really, honestly they care way more about other things about said individual than his race. There are certain religions that I know they would prefer me not to marry into and certain races and religions that they would prefer me to marry but I'm on the same page with that. They just let me get on with it really which is nice

Basically, this. :grin:
My parents wouldnt mind.
As long as he is a nice person who treats me properly, then they wouldnt have an issue.
Original post by MrEFeynman
You poor, poor boy. Your genetic predisposition, must be terrible to deal with. No wonder you prefer an Asian girlfriend, it also explains why you only ever have one night stands with white girls. It can't be very nice being laughed at in the bedroom.

I am 6 inches so yea and works for my night life perfectly fine~ jealousy and spite wont get you anywhere

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2724893

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alfissti
My parents generally don't give a damn what I do as long as it is something they want me to do. As for race, they never liked it that I had a White gf/wife but never really said anything to my face about it though a few snide remarks here and there wasn't something unusual.

I don't allow my kids to date certain races or of certain religions. They know what will happen if they did and it certainly isn't something they want to lose.

That would make you a huge hypocrite my friend. Why the hell do you care anyway?
With regards to marriage (dating isn't allowed in islam), my mum wants me to marry a somali guy and thats what I want too :biggrin:
Original post by Rakas21
I'm a white and would think any Muslim girl was an idiot they are a non issue.

wow , just wow. I honestly hope I never ever come across such a pathetic fool like yourself :nah:
Well my parents are an interracial couple (and are also not stupid) so I'd assume that race is not an issue for them.
I am Nigerian and I can honestly say they wouldnt let me because their culture is important to them.
Add that to the fact that marriage and the family unit one of the most important things in nigerian culture.
Kinda understand that when i think about it what with interracial marriages having the highest divorce rate and single parent statistics.
As ive said before their marriages for the most part tend not to last
Original post by Anonymous
I am Nigerian and I can honestly say they wouldnt let me because their culture is important to them.
Add that to the fact that marriage and the family unit one of the most important things in nigerian culture.
Kinda understand that when i think about it what with interracial marriages having the highest divorce rate and single parent statistics.
As ive said before their marriages for the most part tend not to last

Dont know why this came up as anon
Original post by Alfissti

I don't allow my kids to date certain races or of certain religions. They know what will happen if they did and it certainly isn't something they want to lose.

Why?
My parents don't care what race, as long as the guy treats me well and is goal-oriented.
Original post by Secretnerd123
wow , just wow. I honestly hope I never ever come across such a pathetic fool like yourself :nah:

I think most people that believe in an extreme variant of religion to be idiots. Unfortunately for Islam the impression the media gives is that its all fairly fundamentalist.
Original post by Rakas21
I think most people that believe in an extreme variant of religion to be idiots. Unfortunately for Islam the impression the media gives is that its all fairly fundamentalist.

Lol as soon as you mentined media I was like :facepalm2:. I think mindless sheep like yourself who are brainwashed by the media and can't pick up a book and read up on the religion themselves are world class idiots.

I'm 100% you'd never say your views in public. The level of bravery a computer screen can make people like yourself have is hilarious to say the least.
Original post by ChickenMadness
you're wrong btw

i am not.
Original post by Mr Smurf
i am not.

yes you are
They'd get over it eventually
Reply 99
They wouldn't mind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending