The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2660
Original post by Pinzgauer
Then proceeds to post a Guardian link :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm not sure how Islamists and left wingers have teamed up :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James222
Nice the thread has been merged with the larger conflict thread. So the majority of people on TSR Will never see the headline of the article, yet when it comes to a daily mail headline of some random muslim chav doing something or some illiterate person misreading the quran that title thread remains in 'latest discussion' for weeks even if the second post disproves the OP

What thread/headline was this? I think I missed this

Edit: Ah I think you mean the topic proving Hamas were not responsible for kidnapping the teens.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by well in the dark

Top Israeli government officials express poisonous, genocidal sentiments regarding Palestinians.

As do Hamas leaders. I have no truck with either. The difference is that the Israeli leaders who are expressing these sentiments are not the ones making policy (show me an Israeli Prime Minister saying this stuff), whereas the Hamas leaders are.

Israel intentionally targets civilians

Again, where is the proof? Show me proof just once that the Israeli high command or Prime Minister has told its soldiers to deliberately target civilians.

Israel intentionally hit a school

Where's the proof they intentionally hit it?

Who knows why, for all you know they were probably testing how far they could go before the world would heave.

That's not a serious argument, that's made up speculation.

Hamas may fire rockets into Israel but by all accounts Hamas does not use human shields.

Hamas uses human shields by every account.

The difference between Hamas and Israel is that Israel uses rockets (Iron Dome) to protect its civilians, and Hamas uses civilians as a human shield for its rockets.

Israel does not attack Gaza because of Hamas; Hamas is only a convenient scapegoat.

What a load of crap. How many times did Israel engage in this type of attack before Hamas came to power?

I do not condone rocket attacks on Israeli civilians, but I certainly do not believe that the rocket attacks are the reason why Israel pretends to go mad in Gaza every now and then.

I'm sorry but you're a complete idiot. Israel only engages in these offensives in response to Hamas rocket barrages, that is a fact

you are hardly human

So the truth comes out. In the end, you're saying exactly the same thing as the Nazis (Jews are subhuman, not quite human, etc). And you wonder why Israel feel it needs to defend itself?
Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Vile, isn't it? how the left have come to support this?

Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This conflict is about far, far more than religion and Islamism.
Original post by Ganhad
the best explanation away from the JIDF propaganda .
continue to peddle that lie “Right to exist” where? Israel’s borders are not set

What does a “right to exist” mean exactly? There is no “right to exist” for states under international law. The formula has arisen in international diplomacy uniquely regarding Israel. It does not mean simply diplomatic recognition, which is the “fact” of existence. It does not mean recognizing Israel’s “right to self-determination,” either, or we would be using that famous term.
Let us pretend for a moment that Hamas is being asked to recognize Israel in the normal diplomatic sense. In this case, however, the EU position is unsupportable, because diplomatic recognition of a state routinely requires one bit of vital information: “right to exist” where? Israel’s borders are not set. Even its plans for those borders are not known; with impressive brashness, Mr. Olmert has announced that we will not know until 2010.
It is entirely legitimate for Hamas to require firm confirmation of Israel’s borders before recognizing it. It should also be incumbent on the international community to confirm where those borders will be before insisting that Hamas recognize Israel’s “right” to them. Otherwise, recognizing Israel’s “right to exist” could be construed to mean that Israel has a “right to exist” within whatever borders it chooses in coming years.
As the Palestinians stand to lose most of what is left of their homeland to this fuzziness, Hamas is refusing to endorse it. Is this extremist Islamic intransigence, warranting a funding freeze? Let us run a little thought experiment: Would Canadian, or Norwegian, or English, or French governments be called on the international carpet for not recognizing the “right to exist” of a neighboring state that is, with military force, settling its own ethnically defined population within contiguous walled cities and enclaves in Canadian, Norwegian, English or French national territories, while promising to carve those nations into “cantons? http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/nov/16/israel2

the right to exist 'lie' as you call it , comes from the fact that every islamist group on the planet has called for the removal of israel on the map and the combined arab countries tried many times to militarily (and failed) make that happen. and your assumption of me or anyone that critisises islamist agendas is frankly an ignorant one

the borders issue is secondary to the right for israel to exisit, but canbe blamed on britain (as inpossesstion rulers) essentially copping out having decided to give arabs various homelands and the jews a homeland.
the jews took matters into their own hands, and the rest is history.

jerusalem is the jews rightful (and indeed only ) holy city in as much as mecca is muslims holy city - the idea to make it a partitioned enclave is frankly idiotic - how do you think the idea of a partioned mecca would go down?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pinzgauer
Vile, isn't it? how the left have come to support this?

Not as vile as Zionists themselves implementing Nazi atrocities against the Palestinians.
Original post by TheTechN1304
I could not agree more

Nice to see your true colours then. You're more concerned with being anti-Muslim rather than pro-peace.
Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed. Given that under Hamas, gay people are executed, women are honour-killed (and not even allowed to run in marathons), whereas in Tel Aviv gay people and women are free to go about their business in a free and progressive cosmopolitan city (the free-est in the entire middle east).
Original post by DaveSmith99
This conflict is about far, far more than religion and Islamism.

not really, at its very origin, it boils down to the one incidence when mohammed dreamt he took a ride on a flying donkey, as i have explained many times, from islamic tradition.
that is essentially islams and the arabs only tie to jerusalem
Original post by broscience123
Not as vile as Zionists themselves implementing Nazi atrocities against the Palestinians.

If you're comparing Israel to the Nazis, I'm sorry you don't have a ****ing clue. You really are utterly clueless about WW2 history and what went on
Original post by filthy_pup
If you're comparing Israel to the Nazis, I'm sorry you don't have a ****ing clue. You really are utterly clueless about WW2 history and what went on

Don't get sucked in mate. That one is a troll.

Yet the guy who I quoted who was comparing some people (I think he was implying they were Palestinians - not sure there was no source), to Nazis is fine?
Original post by Meenglishnogood
not really, at its very origin, it boils down to the one incidence when mohammed dreamt he took a ride on a flying donkey, as i have explained many times, from islamic tradition.
that is essentially islams and the arabs only tie to jerusalem

Not really, it all boils down to a conflict over land. Regardless of religion, people need a place to live and don't react too kindly when you take that from them.
Original post by broscience123
Yet the guy who I quoted who was comparing some people (I think he was implying they were Palestinians - not sure there was no source), to Nazis is fine?

Nah. Just no, I'm not going to engage with you. What you said was digusting. You're on ignore
Nah. Just no, I'm not going to engage with you. What you said was digusting. You're on igore

Cool double standards bro. Aww man, I'm on ignore? You hurted my feelings :'(
Not really, it all boils down to a conflict over land. Regardless of religion, people need a place to live and don't react too kindly when you take that from them.

Yes, this is what we call rejectionist's remose. In 1948, the Arabs rejected the partition of Palestine, and 5 Arab national armies, many of which had massive support from Britain, invaded the tiny Israeli state.

They lost. You don't get to resort to violence, and then complain about the outcome
Yes, this is what we call rejectionist's remose. In 1948, the Arabs rejected the partition of Palestine, and 5 Arab national armies, many of which had massive support from Britain, invaded the tiny Israeli state.

They lost. You don't get to resort to violence, and then complain about the outcome

If someone invades your house then offers to let you sleep in the shed, you're perfectly entitled to tell them to get bent.

again no, thats a simplistic explanation. everyone always had a place to live. the issue is and always has been that islamists control all the politics in (pretty much every islamic country) and they decided long time ago, jews should not be in control of their own land their. israels policy in the region is all to do with islamists agenda, be it airstrikes on islamsits attacks from hamas, from hezbollah, or even jsut trying to control islamsit activity in gaza or wb. their occupations in those regions have essentially been down to the fact that wheneevr they pull out and leave gazans/ WBers to ir, islamist groups and resources grow and grow again - and those regional governments /police forces cant be trusted to do anything about them

in the same way we could not trust the taleban to do anything about alqueda in afganistan
(edited 9 years ago)
The bias in modding from TSR with regards to this conflict is disgusting. The topic yesterday which discussed the breaking news of how Hamas were found not responsible for the kidnapping of the 3 teenagers (the excuse which Israel used to justify the murder of over 1000 people), was merged into this topic. Such an important fact which pretty much makes Israel lose whatever credibility it has left, and the mods decided to merge it into this sticky topic, so that instead of the whole of TSR being aware of the lies it was told, it will now only be known by hasbara trolls who will continue to hide/divert/ignore the facts.

Latest