The Student Room Group

RE GCSE exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JC_Costales
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!! But, it depends on my GCSEs so you know...... Good Luck on results day btw

Haha! What's your backup plan? And good luck to you on results day!!
Original post by amelimoo
Haha! What's your backup plan? And good luck to you on results day!!

My backup is Biomedical Science at Warwick or York
My backup is Biomedical Science at Warwick or York

Ooh cool!
Ooh cool!

Have you ever considered it??? Or are you more of the arts type of person?
Have you ever considered it??? Or are you more of the arts type of person?

Yeah I've considered it, definitely not an artsy person, I'm taking geography, chemistry, biology and English literature for Alevel, so I should have lots of uni options. I'm not good at making decisions though so y'know. I like the look of criminology and ecology but I'm still not sure.
Yeah I've considered it, definitely not an artsy person, I'm taking geography, chemistry, biology and English literature for Alevel, so I should have lots of uni options. I'm not good at making decisions though so y'know. I like the look of criminology and ecology but I'm still not sure.

Where do you hope to study?
Where do you hope to study?

Haha well if by some miracle I get amazing GCSE and Alevel grades then Durham.. If not I'll have a look at Keele, Birmingham, Lancaster and Wochester Uni. What about u?
Haha well if by some miracle I get amazing GCSE and Alevel grades then Durham.. If not I'll have a look at Keele, Birmingham, Lancaster and Wochester Uni. What about u?

Well, I have **** teachers so I might have an array of A/B/C passes..... If I do amazing at A level and get a high UKCAT score, then I might apply to Durham and KCL, but I'm defo applying to Exeter and Plymouth
Well, I have **** teachers so I might have an array of A/B/C passes..... If I do amazing at A level and get a high UKCAT score, then I might apply to Durham and KCL, but I'm defo applying to Exeter and Plymouth

Ahh yeah I've been to Plymouth university loads because my school link with it as I live really near to it. It's a really good uni but I want to move away from home.
Ahh yeah I've been to Plymouth university loads because my school link with it as I live really near to it. It's a really good uni but I want to move away from home.

I really wanna get an offer from Plymouth or Exeter so badly
I really wanna get an offer from Plymouth or Exeter so badly

You honestly stand a good chance of getting into Plymouth and I'm not just saying that! Exeter on the other hand is much harder to get into!
You honestly stand a good chance of getting into Plymouth and I'm not just saying that! Exeter on the other hand is much harder to get into!

How Come?
I did:smile: Unit 10 and 16. Didn't revise much but the exams went okay I think, hoping for an A*. The grade boundaries are pretty much the same in the last few years so I don't think they are going to be lower this year, maybe slightly though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by WinterWind
I did:smile: Unit 10 and 16. Didn't revise much but the exams went okay I think, hoping for an A*. The grade boundaries are pretty much the same in the last few years so I don't think they are going to be lower this year, maybe slightly though.

I missed 3 questions worth 3 marks on paper 3..... I dunno if i can get my A
How Come?

Because you can use other ucas points as part of your offer, so you can use EPQ and CVQ to get in, plus they are quite lenient with grades if u do other curricular activities
I missed 3 questions worth 3 marks on paper 3..... I dunno if i can get my A

If the rest went well I'm sure you could! I don't think the mark schemes for RS are that strict:smile: Also Ioads of people would struggle with the timing tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Because you can use other ucas points as part of your offer, so you can use EPQ and CVQ to get in, plus they are quite lenient with grades if u do other curricular activities

I'm gonna join this thing called the slam in sixth form..... And I'm getting as many placements as possible in hospitals
Original post by WinterWind
If the rest went well I'm sure you could! I don't think the mark schemes for RS are that strict:smile: Also Ioads of people would struggle with the timing tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sure???? Ok then :smile:. Btw, did you do edexcel b geography for gcse???
I'm gonna join this thing called the slam in sixth form..... And I'm getting as many placements as possible in hospitals

Ooh what's that?
Who done the edexcel re exam for gcse this year? How did you guys do and do you think the grade boundaries should be made lower?

I did!

I think it was easy, Religious Studies always is. I don't think the grade boundaries need to be low at all to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest